PM to join A Day in Town [Joanna]

Joanna and Beodan go shopping!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A Day in Town [Joanna]

Postby Beodan Clathony on October 25th, 2015, 5:39 am

"Gods divine... this... this is wonderful~" Beodan could only hum in response, a purr emanating from deep in his chest. His eyes were closed as he sat on the submerged seat, the water lapping at the lower part of his neck. The smooth tiles pressed into his back and bare bottom, softly sliding across his skin as he stretched his arms and twisted his back with a few pops. Joanna waded over and sat next to him, slightly leaning against his arm and chest. She had shed her tunic, and was once again fitting in with the Kelvic dress code. He let his hand cross the small of her back and rest on the hip opposite to him. A much more comfortable position, now that his arm was not trapped behind her, and she had something besides stone to rest against.

The only sounds that met the pair’s ears were the steady trickle of fresh spring water and their own breath. It truly was a private bath. There were enough walls and doors between their pool and the large public bath that they could only hear a whisper of the loudest sounds. It had definitely been a good idea to be alone. Her heart beat strong against him, vigorously announcing its will to live. He brought his free hand up to feel his own unconsciously, so he could feel them both beat in unison. Kindred hearts. They had much in common. Both Kelvic, both horse forms with similar colors, both followed benevolent goddesses (though that was not exactly uncommon in Sylrias). If only she planned to stay around the city he called home for a long while. She had made it seem like it would only be a temporary thing. Merely a stop on her journey of service.

But, knowing his luck, she would move on just after Winter. Earlier if the fortune really decided to spite him. The thought made him rest his head lightly on top of hers, the soft platinum hair brushing his cheek. He frowned, that was no way to be thinking about things. She had been here hardly for a day, and he was already wondering if she would leave. Better to enjoy it while it lasted, and let the future Dan work things out. He let his eyes close against the steam in contentment, determined to live in the moment. Moisture beaded on his lashes, looking like so many pin prick sized crystals. She tremored slightly under him, and he stroked her side with the pad of his thumb without opening his eyes. He took a deep breath and released it after a moment of tension. He seemed to relax just that much more, his body one step closer to a pudding of muscle and bone.

"Dan, I think you're great!!!" The Kelvic jumped in his seat, startled by the sudden exclamation, his head whipping around to search for some unknown assailant. Half a tick after his knee jerk reaction the words, and the fact that it was indeed her that had said them, penetrated his skull. Great? Well, that was nice of her to say. People usually said that referring to knights, or to particularly excellent tradesmen. He smirked into her hair, where had that come from? "I-I-I mean! Uh! Y-you're... you're! Uh… I-I-It's just..." she stammered, with a flush that went beyond that from the hot water, and eyes that looked positively mortified by her mangled speech. She had moved just a forearm away and had turned to face him. He gently grasped her elbow to show that he had all the patience in the world, and that she should not stress talking to him. She took a few breaths, around twice as fast as his slow, eight tick rhythmic breathing was. Her heart was racing, and Beodan found his own racing to catch up as he thought about how important what she was thinking of could be. "What I mean to say is... I know that w-we haven't known each other for very long. And I know that I might not be very desirable. But I'd like to think that... that... you might consider... u-uhm…T-that you might think of me as... someone special. B-because.. You're someone very special to me"

Chocolate eyes widened. Surely she didn’t.. how would she.. could she.. did she mean it. A thousand questions and thoughts choked him as he tried to form a response. Half of his heart soared above the clouds in pure bliss, the other half hid itself in the dark and chanted at a whisper ‘not again, no more hurt. Not again.’ His mouth moved, forming the starting shapes of sentences, but now it was his turn to be inarticulate, only much worse. His eyebrows tilted upwards, almost as if he were concerned. His gaze rapidly flicked around her face, staying on her light brown eyes for the longest, looking for any sign of deception or will to hurt. But of course he found nothing. His eyes glistened for a split second before he closed the gap between them and caught her in a warm embrace. There was only one suitable substitute for spoken word, and that was the language of touch. From where his head rested in the crook of her neck, he parted his lips and drew a line of kisses on the soft skin just beneath her jaw, leading up to her own red bow curves. He reigned himself in just as he reached her jawline, and pulled back just inches from her face. He murmured huskily, “You are someone special, little dove. And desirable? Let me be the judge of that.”

Not wasting any more breath on words, he leaned in and pressed his lips against hers, locking them in a sweet embrace.
Beodan Clathony
The Horse Herbalist

Words: 228292
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2015, 9:49 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Day in Town [Joanna]

Postby Joanna Familiaris on October 25th, 2015, 7:51 am

The whole world collapsed. Bricks melted away, tiles shattered into dust and the water beneath them swirled faster and faster until it was whisked out of existence. The spa, Syliras, Mizahar, all of it vanished into the void. All that remained was the sky, Joanna, and the handsome man locking lips with her. Beodan. The name sped through her mind at the speed of a cross bolt, tearing through every part of her brain. Beodan. Beodan. Like a poison spreading through her body. Beodan. Like a fire claiming a forest. Beodan. Like sunlight flooding the sky. Beodan.

B-Beodan~..." She murmured into his lips, breaking their kiss for only a brief second. Her hands tried to find purchase in his back, but they simply slid across his skin as her fingers failed to respond. She was no longer in control. She was merely pulling the strings to her puppet body as every limb went noodly. All she could feel was his lips. Warm, soft lips. They pursued her own, eagerly pressing against them, pinning them. There was no escape. No chance of retreat. This was fine. She didn't want to go anywhere right now, anyways.

At long last, her faculties remained, and she used this renewed power to draw him in closer. Her arms wrapped tightly around him until the two were practically one entity. The closeness of his body made her feel even hotter, like she was on fire. A firework about to explode into brilliant light. This feeling, this sensation, it was one she had not felt in a very, very long time. All the sugar in the world couldn't make her feel this way.

Daringly, Joanna darted her tongue against the shape of his mouth to draw in his taste. It was familiar. Incredibly familiar. With sudden realization, she remembered the sweetroll they had eaten only a few bells earlier. She started to giggle, her body rippling into Dan's. Her soft giggles turned into chuckles, before she had to pull back and catch her breath.

"Huhuhu~" Her face was flushed entirely pink, her chocolate brown eyes sparkling with joy. She let her fingers caress his face, exploring every crevasse. They traced across the edges of his cheeks, rubbing across the thick layer of blush. Soft, so soft. Like she was touching silk. His chin, too, felt nice. Even his nose felt nice. It was not the first time Joanna had taken note of his handsomeness, yet somehow it seemed so much more... prominent. It was like a new beauty had been unfolded to her, and she felt honored to be in the presence of it.

"Thank you..." It was the only choice of words that felt appropriate. Even then, the sentiment felt lacking. Like it lacked the depth to describe the emotions running though her. She needed to describe it. Somehow. "Dan... You make me feel so..." Important. Alive. Loved. Incredible. Beautiful. Worthy. "... Happy."

Her giggles started up again as tears started to well up in the corner of her eyes. "Oh Gods... I-I feel so silly~" Her voice was bubbly, wavering between laughter and raw embarrassment. It felt like she was a child again, asking out a cute boy on a date. It was taking her entire willpower not to run out of the room and hide herself. She had to stay determined.

Still giggling, Joanna turned her head to face away from Beodan. Her whole body was shuddering from untamed excitement after the kiss. She could still taste it on her lips, the warmth on her neck and cheeks. There was an intense urge to jump on him and kiss him repeatedly, but forced herself back by pressing her hands tightly against her face. Still, despite her efforts to seal herself away, her eyes peeked over her fingernails, waiting to see what he did next.
Joanna Familiaris
Pilgrim of Priskil

Words: 76579
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2015, 5:42 am
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

A Day in Town [Joanna]

Postby Beodan Clathony on October 25th, 2015, 6:24 pm

Hearing his name moaned into his lips caused heat to flow through Beodan, a tingling burn just below the skin that made the bath feel cool in comparison. He loved how she said it. Normally, a name was just a name, but when she caressed the syllables it was like an expression of emotion and feeling, rather than a label. This, combined with the hands grasping at his back, had him kissing her with renewed passion. He sucked on her bottom lip with a small nibble, as Moxie had been fond of. Maybe she would like it too? He snaked a hand into her damp hair, applying light pressure to the back of her head, while the other pressed against the small of her back.

“Mmhm-mmmnnh!” he gasped breathily into her mouth as she pulled him closer, not wanting to let even the soothing water separate them. Dan was only too happy to oblige, wrapping his arms further around her and twisting his fingers deep in her hair. Her breasts were flush against his torso, a fact he was all too aware of. His arousal became even more obvious as it started to press against her, their tight, almost straddling position getting his pulse soaring. Suddenly he felt her abrasive pink tongue side into his mouth, tasting him. “Mmnh!” he moaned, bringing his own tongue into the fray. Too soon after, she pulled away in musical laughter, breathing hard.

For a moment of panic, he thought he had done something wrong. Had he been a little too eager? He felt her soft, wet hand against his face, tenderly massaging his cheeks. He could feel heat suffusing them, and he would not be surprised if he was sporting a rosy blush. He was content just to just gaze into her twinkling eyes, so carefree and light, as she indulged in touching every inch of his face. He let the back of his index finger stroke her own pink blush, while his other hand scratched the small of her back gently. “Thank you…” Joanna said, her voice just above a whisper, "Dan... You make me feel so... Happy." Happy. That word carried weight. It symbolised every kind of fulfillment known to higher thinkers. It meant she was satisfied with him, and they were better as a pair than separated. A lump formed in his throat, he did not know what to say. You make me happy too. I love... “Oh Gods… I-I feel so silly~” she said, sounding embarrassed.

She turned away from him, hands covering her pretty face. The animal within him growled at the withdrawal, it wanted her full attention. Letting that side of him take over, he bent down to her neck, which was now angled towards him slightly. He sucked fiercely on the soft skin, trailing slowly down to her collarbone and up again to her jaw. He placed a hand on her hip, the other taking the tip of her chin in the crook of his finger. Following the edge of her face all the way up, he nibbled the end of her ear, breathing hot breath on the sensitive skin. He pulled back reluctantly, and murmured with his eyes down, “You don’t need to hide your face behind hands. You are beautiful and deserving of far more than I am giving you.”

The Kelvic reached up and took her hands in his, interlacing their fingers as he did so. He brought them down to their sides, and leaned in to give her two sweet, chaste kisses. Once on her forehead, followed soon after by her lips. He followed her arms up to her body, then traced her curves all the way down to her hips, his eyes following his hands’ movements lovingly. The distortion of the water did nothing to dampen his wonder. “Beautiful…” he whispered. Gathering his some of that Stallion confidence, he stroked the underside of her breast with the ends of his fingers, his thumb providing a little bit of pressure. Just enough to tease. How had he managed to find the goddess, and have her like him enough that they would spend at least the day together?
Beodan Clathony
The Horse Herbalist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Day in Town [Joanna]

Postby Joanna Familiaris on October 25th, 2015, 11:37 pm

Joanna was, at first, shocked by Beodan's pursuits. But soon, she was reveling in his touch. The suction against her neck sent ripples of pleasure rocking across her body, turning her into a shuddering, giggling mess as Dan continued kiss her. The feeling only intensified as he moved down, and then back up to her jaw. She was going to melt into the pool. Nothing could match this, nothing could compare to the bliss she was experiencing. The way he moved, the force of his body against her, the warmth of his breath on her neck, it made her feel incredible. And yet it didn't stop. As he gripped her hip, Joanna felt herself gasp and instinctive push herself closer into Dan as her body begged for more, even as her companion began gnawing at her ear.

“You don’t need to hide your face behind hands. You are beautiful and deserving of far more than I am giving you.”

"D-dan... please~" She chuckled, staring into his eyes "You're more wonderful than any fantasy I can conjure" His lips met with hers once more, a soft, quick kiss to emphasize his remark in the most compassionate way possible. The sincerity of his words and the kindness of his tone made her feel like the most important thing in the world, a feeling she had not indulged in for some time. This wasn't egotism, was it? surely not. He was saying it, right? It wouldn't hurt to agree. She was pretty spectacular, wasn't she?

"Beautiful..." She realized he had locked hands with her and was using them to help explore her submerged torso. He seemed to be admiring the Gods' craftsmanship, using their fingers to trace up and down her hips and sides before finally resting under her bust. There were soft, audible moans escaping her lips as she leaned into his hands, the lewdness of the situation escaping her until she felt her legs start to quiver. "N-nyuh~! W-wait..." She gasped and pulled back, a goofy smile still plastered on her face. "Priskil give me strength..." She whispered, trying to calm her body down as her arms and legs scrunched up. It felt like it was going to shudder and shake until nuts and bolts started flying out of her.

It took some time, but eventually her mind and body finally reconnected, and her breathing finally leveled out. "Dan. Wow... I mean... wow" She was still smiling, her eyes closed shut as she did her best to remember, in great detail, the feelings she just experienced. "That was just amazing. I don't know what you did to me, but... we just might have to do that again sometime. No... we HAVE to do that again sometime."

Joanna rested her head on the edge of the pool, still breathing hard. Who knew so much loving could be so exhausting. She let her hands caress his face again, her eyes locking with his to communicate her appreciation and admiration. "Dan... I love you." It was all she needed to say. All her feelings for the handsome Kelvic were funneled into a simple sentence. "I love you so much..." She laughed again, filling the room with a warm, echoing sound. It felt so ridiculous, but at the same time, so right. Who knew what the future held for them, or what the Gods had in store. But as long as she could experience it all with Beodan, she would be happy.

"My hands... they're all wrinkly. Huhuh~... we haven't even washed up yet. The bar and rag had been silently ignored during the couple's escapades. Joanna reached out and took them in her hands, giving Dan a sly look. "We came here to get clean, yet I feel so dirty. I think you're a bad influence on me." She said playfully, starting to wash herself down. If she wasn't at risk of exploding into tiny, emotional bits, she would have let Beodan partake in this. As it were, Joanna decided it'd be best if she took care of her more intimate places herself. Last thing she wanted was for the Guards to run in after hearing a young lady howling and screaming in pleasure. When she was done, she passed over the bar and rag to Beodan, sitting back to watch him with a thick blush. "So... Cinnamon... how bout we head back home after this? I'll make us dinner again. A real meal this time. To commemorate the occasion." And maybe do some more "bonding". But she wouldn't admit that out loud. At least, not yet.
Joanna Familiaris
Pilgrim of Priskil

Character sheet
Donor (1)

A Day in Town [Joanna]

Postby Beodan Clathony on November 2nd, 2015, 12:58 am

OOCAhh, I rewrote this like five times! Finally found something I am somewhat happy with, a freaking week later :(
I hope you had a Spooky Halloween! By the way, my bondmate, Moxie, has not come back. Her temporary ban expired two and a half weeks ago. So I'm going to have the bond break on him sometime after they get home.

“I love you too,” Beodan echoed, the corners of his lips twitching upwards as her laughter caroled around the steamy room. He blinked, surprised that he meant the words. And yet, in another way it wasn’t surprising at all. It felt right, like he was merely stating what they felt, rather than taking a shot in the dark. At the realisation, he felt a great tension in his chest. It was as if there were strings attached to all of his organs and the were being pulled both forwards and backwards. Why was this happening? What was happening? He grimaced for a fraction of a tick, and buried the strangling feeling under hot water and the lovely company. She loves me...

"My hands... they're all wrinkly. Huhuh~... we haven't even washed up yet.” Dan’s mouth morphed into a small “o” shape, before grinning sheepishly. Ah, he loved being clean! He did not consider himself to be vain, but when his coat of hair shimmered in the sun, so soft and fluffy to run your fingers through, it filled him with pride and pleasure. And smelling like herbs and flowers was better than ‘eau de wet horse.’ “We came here to get clean, yet I feel so dirty. I think you're a bad influence on me," she coyly, starting to lather the lightly scented soap over her body. He could practically hear a smirk in her voice. He blushed at her innuendo, and accused in good humor, “Me? ‘tis you, fair fox, that have corrupted me, an innocent herbalist living a life of virtue in the woods!” He chuckled at their teasing and fell silent to let her watch. Parts of her slowly being covered by suds of soap was strangely enticing… He blinked and looked away, a moment of bashfulness overcoming him.

The Stallion thought nothing of their mutual nudity, it was, after all, their natural state. She was just.. Ah! He could not identify the feeling. One does not look directly at a goddess, and in that moment, she was one in his eyes. The divine presence passed, and he found his gaze to be free once more to wander. She was just washing the last of the bubbles from her wound riddled skin. He accepted the soap from her with a smile and began to rub the off white bar across his arms, accompanied by the scrubbing cloths. His back followed, his elbow bent above his head to reach in the tricky place just under his shoulder blades. Next, all the places that hair grew on his body, followed by the calloused bottoms of his feet. "So... Cinnamon... how bout we head back home after this? I'll make us dinner again. A real meal this time. To commemorate the occasion."

Dan cupped his hands and splashed his chest. The water was getting quite soapy, little white bubbles floating gently in circles with the flow of the hot spring. “That sounds great! I’ll cook up those sausages, can’t be that hard, hmm? And, as much as I like the city, I do prefer my little home in the woods,” he said with a small smile. He held out his hands, pulling her off of the submerged seat and into his arms. “Come,” he said softly, “Let’s dry off.” He led her out of the bath to the pair of waiting towels and handed one to her. A vigorous rub later, Dan was dry and his brown hair was going every which way. He blew an intrusive hair off of his forehead, then gave up and ran his hands through it until he attained his usually messy-but-on-purpose look. 15 chimes later and they had retrieve their things from Joanna’s apartment, and another bell or two until they had arrived back at Beodan’s Abode. Having traveled back much the same way as they had gone, a bright flash of light lit the clearing. The red light of the setting sun filtering through the trees was no match for the miracle of Kelvic Shifting. He gave his love a tired, but contented grin, the soft, warm feeling from the spa still lingering, “Home, sweet home.” As if he had said it to her all his life, he murmured, “Tea?” A simple offering that said so much more.
Beodan Clathony
The Horse Herbalist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Day in Town [Joanna]

Postby Joanna Familiaris on November 4th, 2015, 4:13 am

OOCDon't worry, It happens. Been pretty busy myself, what with the holidays. I had a pretty fun Halloween though! Lots of candy and sugary goods with which I lack any amount of moderation. It's incredible that I'm not obese @_@.
Anyways, hope my post is alright. I spent far too long on this one as well.

Joanna could not keep her heart from beating nearly out of her chest as the two of them exited the pool. Perhaps it had been the heat of the pool making her blood run fast, or the sudden expose to the chilly air making her body panic. In reality, she knew it was because she just shared an intimate moment with a person for whom she had a great deal of affection. A man who had managed to not only managed to gain her trust, but had stolen her heart within mere days of their first meeting. Perhaps there was some truth to the saying of "love at first sight", because she was certainly filled with the feeling of love at the mere sight of Dan. She wondered if this was some kind of voodoo or magic curse, if he had somehow managed to get his hand on a love spell. But upon reflection, she came to the conclusion that even if it were the case, she was perfectly content.

"Me? ‘tis you, fair fox, that have corrupted me, an innocent herbalist living a life of virtue in the woods!”

Dan was wonderful. There was no other word to describe it. She felt utterly beneath him in so many ways, yet he always managed to make her feel special. Like she was some sort of deity, when she was not close to being worthy of such a powerful title. She felt utterly, completely, wholly loved. And there was no better feeling than that. There had to be a way to repay him, to thank him for this feeling, but the Kelvic had little to offer. But she wanted to try, to let him know that she loved him too, that she would care of him. She wanted to make him happy. As long as she could do that, she'd be happy, too.

Thinking such lovey-dovey things made her cheeks swell with blush. She felt so childish. The stalwart protector of light was crumbling to pieces in Dan's hands. Some warrior she was. Still, she never felt in any danger while with Dan. Nothing about him made her feel threatened. Even the dangers of the outside world seemed to melt away with him around. What was that about? What kind of power was this that it could override her sense of danger and cause her to drop her guard? Well, to be honest, it didn't matter much to Joanna. She thought far too much on simple things, turning everything into a complex problem when in reality she should just be enjoying the moment. For now, she would set aside her worries and simply revel in the feeling of being loved.

It took some time, but the two of them eventually managed to get their clothes back on before gathering their things back at Joanna's house. She decided to slip back into armor, knowing it would serve no purpose sitting in her apartment gathering dust. Besides, there was no reason to not wear it while out in the wilds. You never knew what you'd run into in the depths of the forest.

The sky was dark when they arrived back at Dan's... no... their house. The stars were beaming with confidence as the sun shrank further and further into the canopy. The darkness had grown thick throughout the forest and it was a wonder that Dan managed to find his way back here at all, especially while carrying around Joanna's bulky bottom.
But, here they were, within the safety of the clearing. Joanna slipped off her companion and stretched out her limbs. She wasted no time at all slipping out of the heavy gear to bathe in the starlight, her underarmor clothing consisting of a worn, white cotton shirt and trousers. It was very casual attire that wasn't entirely ideal for the Autumn weather.

"Tea?" The question caught her off guard. For the past several bells, she had been lost deep within her thoughts. She was thinking so hard on Beodan that she had almost forgotten that he was right there. "O-oh! Yes, please. That would be lovely, dear. I'll start the fire" She smiled, holding back a torrent of giggles that were thrashing around in her stomach. She tried to distract the little schoolgirl in her and and instead focused on gathering wood, which was fairly easy since there already appeared to be stacks of cut tinder no doubt made by Dan. A few trips were enough to fill the pit with enough wood to start a hearty fire, and a few chimes later they had a roaring flame. It was nice and toasty.
Joanna Familiaris
Pilgrim of Priskil

Character sheet
Donor (1)

A Day in Town [Joanna]

Postby Beodan Clathony on November 4th, 2015, 7:11 pm

“O-oh!” Beodan’s guest stuttered endearingly, “That would be lovely, dear. I’ll start the fire.” She gave him a bright smile and practically skipped off towards his modest wood pile. He caught her hand before she could get too far and brought her knuckles to his lips. A crooked grin split his face as he murmured, “Right away, my goddess.” He let her hand fall gently, and fled to the safety of his tent with red tinging his ears and cheeks. Thank the heavens that it was nearing twilight. Why had he done that? She made him do it, blast that wonderful smile, that cute little stutter, the way her silvery hair glimmered in… Gah! She was doing it again, taking control of his thoughts and actions. He ran a hand through his unruly hair, and took a calming breath. It’s not a bad thing, a traitorous part of his mind replied to his half-hearted protests, if you like feeling this way. She had called him dear. Just a simple word made him feel fulfilled, his heart inflating.

The tension returned in spades, the invisible threads and hooks seeming to only have more places to pull on at the emotional expansion. He twisted the skin over his heart in a grasping fist with his right hand, as if that would stop what was happening. His teeth gritted terrible gripping sensation, his breath coming in short hisses. It felt like if any more pressure was applied he would split in two, right down the middle. This was much worse than last time. Was he going to die? Some unknown poison tearing him apart from the inside? He forced his trembling hands to light the lamps, taking a great deal more tries than normal. The distraction seemed to help, and the aetherial hands relaxed their holds on the strings, and the pressure slowly eased. Dan sighed, and rubbed at his temples with the tips of his fingers, his body relaxing once more. The soothing sound of popping bubbles filled his ears as the kettle of water came to a boil. He tilted his head back to the ceiling and closed his suddenly weary lids. He kept them shut for just a few ticks, before snapping them wide and blinking to keep wakefulness.

The Herbalist crushed a few leaves of peppermint between his fingers and set them at the bottom of a cup, along with dried Connal and some honey. Vyfox he added as well after some thought; it never hurt to be a little healthier. Once the water had been poured, the tea became a kind of greenish yellow color as hundreds of dark, leafy fragments swirled around the narrow enclosure. Happy, or at the very least satisfied, with his concoction, he picked up the two cups and exited the tent. Already, Joanna had created a roaring fire, making his chaotic garden become rows of silhouettes next to the vibrant flames. Servant of Light indeed! “Does Priskill have one of those fancy marks too? Do you have one?” he asked, thinking back to his experiences with people that wielded a god’s power. Healing with the touch of a hand, freezing water with a gesture… It was an incredible ability, but one that filled him with a little fear.

It would be a little while before the fire had died down enough so that it would not immediately incinerate the food they tried to cook. With the purchased goods, he hoped they would have better luck than the last time they had tried to cook. Bread was hard to mess up, and sausages only needed to be cooked thoroughly. All the spices were already prepared, no work needed. Potatoes took a bit more time, but they would taste good in a hash of some sort he was sure. He scooted closer to her, seeking the touch of someone who loved him more so than the body heat she offered.
Beodan Clathony
The Horse Herbalist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Day in Town [Joanna]

Postby Joanna Familiaris on November 6th, 2015, 7:13 am

The heat was incredibly pleasant, casting her and her companion in a warm embrace. Not even the wind could cut through the warmth. Her heart, her body, her very soul felt hot to the touch. All for different reasons. It was... nice. Better than nice. Fantastic. Beodan had given her the gift of happiness, and she had nothing to give in return. At least, she could at least try to share her happiness with him. Was this bonding? She couldn't be sure. She would have to remember to ask. She took a tea cup from Dan and giggled at his reaction to her fire-making skills. It certainly was a big fire. Maybe a bit too big.

“Does Priskill have one of those fancy marks too? Do you have one?”

Joanna felt her blood run cold, and a viscous shudder ran down her body before ending at her fingers and toes with a nerve-wracking shiver. Without warning, everything turned dim, with even the light of the fire starting to fade into whatever cruel darkness was seeping into her reality. It was suffocating, coming upon her with such ferocity that her breathing turned sharp and desperate. Her eyes went wide with fear. Even the pupils of her eyes shrank away from the sudden danger her mind had just released on itself. A dangerous memory had just broken its seal. Her lungs filled with foreign air, and released a string of words that did not belong to her.

"Priskil does not bestow her gift upon monsters." Her voice did not feel like her own, and the harshness of its tone made her flinch. It was an echo, as were many of the memories that filled her head. It was a voice she knew well, far too well, but refused to put a name to it. It would be too painful.

The feeling was fleeting. The horror and fear that had just wracked her body was already starting to ebb away, taking the darkness with it. Within the blink of an eye, she was already back to normal. Or at least, relatively normal. "I'm sorry. T-that was... I... She took a breath. "A moment of weakness, that's all. I don't have a mark. I'm not quite sure I'm qualified to have one. I have..." Her heart stuttered. "... a lot of things I have to make up for before I can even think of something like that."

Even though it felt inappropriate, Joanna chuckled. "I feel so melodramatic. Don't pay me any mind, dear. I think I'm just getting old and senile." She leaned closer into his body, trying to stave off the sudden chill. She didn't want to ruin the mood since it had been such a good day. It didn't deserve to be ruined with dark thoughts. "Thank you for the tea. It's incredible what a cup of water and plant bits can do for the body and mind. I'm lucky to have met such a talented individual. And it doesn't hurt that he's good looking." She followed her words with a bubbly giggle, pulling him in with an arm around his waist.

For the time being, she decided he would enjoy the comfort of his presence and simply bask in the warmth from their love. She nestled him closer, into the crook of her side so that his head was resting on her shoulder, and gently pet his head while sipping her tea with the other hand. It felt right to do, for whatever reason that was. Some show of affection that felt appropriate given all that Dan had done for her. A small thanks, of some sort. "I'm not sure how to pose this question. But um... is this bonding? I'm.. uh... not too familiar with it, as you know. So... I guess... that is my question" She couldn't help but feel embarrassed, a blush flooding her cheeks.
Joanna Familiaris
Pilgrim of Priskil

Character sheet
Donor (1)

A Day in Town [Joanna]

Postby Beodan Clathony on November 7th, 2015, 3:42 am

"I feel so melodramatic. Don't pay me any mind, dear. I think I'm just getting old and senile," Joanna said with a laugh, despite the heavy explanation she had given just moments ago. Beodan sensed the opportunity she had given to lighten the mood off of monsters and a goddess’s favor, and took it without hesitation. As she leaned into his side, he murmured in her ear, “Old and senile is a long way off, especially for a fair goddess such as yourself.” He traced a solitary finger along her jaw, then curved it downwards to glide down the soft skin of her neck. He smiled inwardly; perhaps she would be shivering now, but not from the cold air.

"Thank you for the tea. It's incredible what a cup of water and plant bits can do for the body and mind. I'm lucky to have met such a talented individual.” Dan pinked at her flattery, he was alway a sucker for praise coming from people that meant something to him. He could not help but glow with pride in his work. He was sure the heat was not confined to his face, that she could feel it as she pressed against his skin. But it couldn’t get any worse, right? “And it doesn't hurt that he's good looking." His eyes widened, his cheeks truly turning red. Luckily, his love giggled and reached an arm around his waist to pull him closer. He was only too happy to let her take control of his movements, welcoming the opportunity to hide his face in the crook of her neck. She had placed his head on her shoulder. The stallion caressed her back, tracing over all the little nicks and scars that came with being a woman of combat.

He closed his eyes, preferring to use his sense of touch to see. She was so soft, and yet tough at the same time. It was unfair that they both had gained such irregular scars in their short lifetimes. Why couldn’t they have just lived normal lives, in some place where everyone was friendly. A camp in the middle of the woods, with no knights, no swords and bows, and no bandits. Dan indulged in a particularly long exhale. He was so comfortable in Joanna’s embrace, particularly after she began to run a hand through his hair. He tilted his head back into her scratching fingers, will the soothing sensation to continue. He imagined that this was what a mother’s touch would be like; innocent and full of love. Maybe that was why he was having such childish thoughts about the world. Such a utopia could not exist, it just was not in people’s nature. For every truly good person, there was a truly evil person too. Had the Kelvic been in horse form while being pet like this, he would have been nickering constantly.

The low, crackling fire worked with the rhythmic strokes of her hand to lull him half to sleep. "I'm not sure how to pose this question. But um... is this bonding? I'm.. uh... not too familiar with it, as you know. So... I guess... that is my question," she asked tentatively, seeming to be unsure of the whole situation. It was cute. He blinked his chocolate eyes open and twisted his neck to look up at her. He couldn’t help but to nip at her exposed neck, then followed it with a look twinkling with happy amusement. “No, I wish it were though. Bonding is a bit more... intense, and it would have happened soon after we met, if it were possible. Kelvic can only bond with other humanoids, not other Kelvics. How I wish it could be so, that we could feel each other so completely,” he whispered. His gaze grew pained, “I had that, too. It was.. ah! P-Perfect. But, she is gone now.” His eyes clouded with unshed tears, blurring his vision. “She left me. She LEFT me!” His breathing grew quick and laborious, the invisible strings were back, and this time determined to rip his heart out. He snuggled further into Joanna’s side, seeking some reprieve from the pain. It was no use, no amount of comfort could help.

Beodan knew full well what he had to do, something he had been dreading to do, but always thinking about, since his bond had disappeared. In his mind, he conjured a pair of clippers meant for cutting leaves. It would do. With a wince, he cut one of the cords. A great sense of loss spilled over him, tears traced their way down his cheeks. But he had to continue. He snipped and cut until every one of the threads was gone. Shudders wracked his frame as he finished, thinking one last thought to his bondmate, ‘Goodbye, Moxie.’ His tears were now cathartic. It had relieved his pain, but shattered his emotions. It felt like a chunk of his body was missing. A leg. An arm he could no longer feel. Alone.

Alone.
Beodan Clathony
The Horse Herbalist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Day in Town [Joanna]

Postby Joanna Familiaris on November 8th, 2015, 3:15 am

Joanna was, at first, disappointed at Dan's explanation of the bonding process and how it was one that could only happen between Kelvics and Humans. It shouldn't have surprised her, after all. The universe was hardly ever that fair. Still, it seemed that Dan truly loved her, as did she love Dan. So even though they did not meet the qualifications, maybe they had managed to bond in a more figurative sense.

She was suddenly taken aback, however, when Dan started to speak further on the topic. A pang of guilt hit her heart as her companion spoke, with tears welling in his eyes, about his previous bondmate and the sorrow he was suffering from her departure. It must have been an incredibly powerful experience, this bonding, to cause such an emotional reaction, and Joanna felt the slightest bit of jealousy at this. But it felt inappropriate to think of it like that. He was suffering, and she had no right to pity herself.

“She left me. She LEFT me!”

She wanted to say something. Anything. But the words could not find her. She knew how he felt, to have someone you loved ripped away from you. Either by force, or other means. It was painful. It was like someone had just kicked through your body, leaving a gaping hole in your being. Empty, hollow, alone. Noone should have to feel that. Noone should know that pain. Especially not someone she cared so deeply for.

Holding back her own tears, she held the Kelvic closer, shifting his seat into her lap so that both of their bodies had more contact. Joanna could feel him shuddering and shaking from his tears and tried to press herself closer to absorb his convulsions. Every shiver and shake would be met with warmth under her touch as the warrior did her best to envelop him with herself. Her arms reached around her lover to shield him from the cold while using her own body to flood him with affection and warmth. She would protect him.

"It's alright... It's okay. Let it all out." She whispered, gently running her fingers through his hair. He was starting to calm, though there was a lingering feeling of sorrow coming from his heart. He was struggling, that much was obvious, and all Joanna could do was try and comfort him, kissing his forehead and petting his hair. She would offer whatever she could to make him happy again.

Joanna Familiaris
Pilgrim of Priskil

Character sheet
Donor (1)

PreviousNext