Freshie fresh !

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Freshie fresh !

Postby Liona Lockheart on December 24th, 2015, 4:33 pm

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called!
2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?
3. How did you find us?
4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?
5. What do you like to write about - not write about?
6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?
7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?
8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?
9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?
10. Anything else you want to talk about?

Hello everybody,

My name is Liona, i'm a newbie on the forum.
I got different kind of rp experiences, mostly fantasy rpgs like Medieval, Marvel, Harry Potter, Twilight, Final Fantasy, Anime, etc.
I dunno exactly how I came, it's mainly by google search, from clicking sites to others sites until I found myself here. I got long years of experience of rpg forums, however, most of my writings have been in French. Yes, I'm a French native rp writer ! I came here to develop my English writing as I would like in the future to write English novels, or perhaps to translate my own novels. There are a lot of fantasy rp forums, but I chose this one because it seems to be the easiest one and the rules don't seem to be strict.
This type of forums is going to be a big change from me, because I've been used to traditional French forums. I have noticed the Englies ones have a different structure, especially in terms of navigation, profile pictures and webpage designs. But I feel it's going to be okay and I will get used to it very quick (I hope ! lol). At the beginning I didn't want to be on a forum with a big numbers of members because as my English level in RP is quite poor I didn't want to get embarrassed and I don't know if I would be able to follow all the plots, I wanted to be on a forum with only few members, like over 40 members, as I could control better the stories and the plots. However, as this forum seems to be simple, I think it could be a good start for me.
I would need a lot of time to adapt myself to this forum, so please be patient with me. I don't know if I would be able to write long posts as I saw a lot of members doing it, I can't garanty, but I will try to do my best to make is long as possible.
As also English is not my 1st language, you might see a lot of mistakes in my writing, especially in the sentence structure, it might sounds very frenchie lol. But I would be very pleased if you can correct me if you find any mistake. Or just send me a message and say "in english we don't say that... We rather use this and this." or "what do you mean by that ?". I'm not going to be offended at all ! You'll make me a favor. As long as you stay polite and respectful I'm open to all criticism. :)
Liona Lockheart
Player

Words: 1046
Joined roleplay: December 24th, 2015, 3:48 pm
Race: Human

Freshie fresh !

Postby Duun on December 24th, 2015, 6:55 pm

Don't worry, a lot of support here. I'm a freshie too so you aren't alone. It's fun and easy once you get started so just kick back and enjoy. Welcome to Mizahar!
~ Duun
Duun
Player

Words: 3575
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2015, 4:11 am
Race: Human, Inarta

Freshie fresh !

Postby Sybel on December 25th, 2015, 1:48 am

Hi Liona!

Welcome to Mizahar. It's totally okay if English isn't your first language! We have plenty of people that write here on the site who have different language backgrounds. As long as you put effort into your posts (which I'm positive you will) then I know you will be just fine. :)

If you have any questions at all or if you're having any trouble settling in, let me or any of the staff know and we'd be happy to help you. We also have a chat box that you can find by clicking on the button that says 'chat' on menu at the top of the site. If you go in there, chances are you'll find someone who can actively help too.

I look forward to writing with you!

"I am wild, full-blooded and a trifle reckless." - Ser Arthur Conan Doyle
Sybel
I drive a hard bargain.

Words: 310247
Joined roleplay: October 14th, 2012, 4:53 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Freshie fresh !

Postby Adyel on December 27th, 2015, 4:52 am

Welcome! Glad you have joined Mizahar!

I'm Adyel glad to meet you. *Shakes hands* if you have any trouble you can either use the'chat' from what sybel had said. And also the staff, and possibly myself, can help you with some questions. I've been here for quite awhile. The navigational system is kind of challenging at first, but when you get the hang of it. It tends to get easier. I hope you enjoy your time here at Mizahar! I know I do. :)
Adyel
Player

Words: 96562
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2015, 2:55 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets