Closed [The Bronze Wood]Feeding Time[Theo Popcampio]

Clyde and Theo meet amongst the Bronze Woods, but are not alone

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[The Bronze Wood]Feeding Time[Theo Popcampio]

Postby Clyde Sullins on January 16th, 2016, 11:32 pm

Clyde smiled as as Theo mentioned the idea of anti-magic armor, something Clyde had thought about before.

However he'd soon realized it had issues. Anti-magic after all only worked on pure magic attacks, so attracted elements wouldn't be affected. It'd be better than no protection, but not as all inclusive and all protecting as some might think.

Along with that, he was unsure how it'd work for a mage. Would a mage wearing such armor be able to even use magic? Or would only non-mages be capable?

And what was the point if someone could just tear of some mundane earth and bury them alive?

It had taken Clyde awhile to engrave the glyphs on the small stone, and he'd done it directly with Reimancy. If he had to do regular engraving on armor, and cover the entire thing, it'd take ages. It would be a task far beyond Clyde's current skill in engraving metal.

Clyde smiled and shook his head, but didn't point out the flaws in Theo's idea which the mage deemed revelatory.

When Theo next spoke it was clear he'd reasoned the mans thoughts and feelings correctly. Clyde had found that with a good basis in interrogation, combined with the things he could detect with Auristics, made sense with logic, he could figure out much of a persons leanings. Particularly when they were as bad as Theo at hiding their true feelings and emotions.

With that knowledge in mind it was a simpler matter to persuade the person in whichever which fashion.

He was often enough off base, but he'd been getting increasingly good at figuring out things properly and then reacting correctly.

Clyde however arched an eyebrow at Theo's next causual statement.

“Mmm... I'd say your knowledge is incomplete... Ichor is white Theo. Not black. I've seen enough of it to know. I've even used it a few times, for some rather interesting creations... Did you know for instance that with certain magics, you can make a weapon the bane of a thing? For instance, using some ichor, you can make a weapon particularly capable of wounding and damaging nuit.”

While on Sahova, Clyde had made two such items. One had been a project for another, a dagger with enhanced anti-nuit capabilities. The other he still had in his possession, a Magic Staff imbibed with nuit ichor and therefore that much more effective against them.

The first had been a test, in part, to see if it was possible to further enhance a base anti-effect on an item. The other had been more on a whim, an enhancement to an item he was already making.

“However, I accept your apology. Just try not to make assumptions about people without proper understanding or full knowledge. Its a dirty habit, and one an intelligent mind should not let them-self fall into.”

Tucking the cube back into his pack, and took the small stone Theo proffered.

Sitting by the fire with Cha lain across his lap, Clyde took up the engraving kit he'd earlier taken out and sorted through the tools within. After a moment he took out one of the diamond fleck tipped instruments, and began to make a cut into the flesh of the stone.

It was tiny, which made his work more difficult. It also meant he had to keep his glyphs simple. He couldn't do a full scroll set up, with a trigger and wording. However he could do a simple storage setup with barrier and focus. The release would be simple, smashing or breaking the stone, or marring the glyphs in some other manner.

While giving Theo an opportunity to speak, Clyde worked, focusing his direct attention on the stone in his hand.

First he drew a small X, using two slides repeated over and over. One motion cutting into the stone was done first, repeated over and over till it was deep enough to hold under normal wear.

The other line of the x was a bit trickier, since he couldn't simply overlay it with another line. If he did that, the middle where the two lines met would become too deep. Instead, he made two smaller lines coming off the middle, stopping at the mid point where the lines met.

He repeated this motion over and over, till both lines of the X where even and deep enough to hold.

Clyde spent a moment inspecting his focus, checking it over, before he was ready to finish his work off with a barrier.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Theo Popcampio on January 24th, 2016, 12:36 am

Theo listened as Clyde talked, but before that he noted the mages pondering of his own words. Clyde was thinking, and it had seemed Theo’s new acquaintance was more in his head than that which he called his own. Regardless, trying to ponder another’s thoughts ultimately led to inhibition, and Theo had decided in that moments he was better off speaking his mind than dwelling on an another’s judgments.

Ichor was white, books had not mentioned that. The conclusion that such a disgusting substance would have been black seemed inherent to Theo. He would have to double back on his studies, Theo could of swore he read that ichor was black. But then again, he had just also admitted his own likelihood for believing falsehoods and misspeaking, Theo choose to heed his own words.

And then Clyde spoke of weapons that could be the bane of things, this being juxtaposed with a statement Clyde said right before, saying that he had used ichor for “interesting” creations. “Interesting,” Theo repeated aloud; this man has made Nuit killing weapons, he thought to himself. He had little knowledge of what Clyde referred to, but Theo, still not knowing of Clyde’s true nature, had his thoughts of Clyde being a mage reaffirmed.

All the while Clyde chipped away at the rock. In Theo’s head deciphered that these weren’t just some purposeless carvings. After observing the motions and looking at both stones, it was obvious to Theo that these carvings were meant to imitate the ones on the rock that he himself had just flicked fire upon

Clyde caught Theo’s amazement, how much did he know? Beside some scalding passing that he had in reaction to Theo’s confession, Clyde seemed alright; after all, pretentious speaking was the way of mages. Theo himself had participated in such boasting in his time. It was a world structured against magic-wielders, Theo knew, and spellcasters had built up all forms of defense against it.

Theo watched Clyde flick bits of rock away as he carved and engraved the same symbols into the pebble. Theo thought it best not to ask what he was doing, he could verify that later if he wanted. As a matter of fact, Theo, being the jabbermouth that he was, felt that Clyde wanted him to fill the empty air.

Unsure of what it was Clyde exactly wanted him to say, Theo decided to appeal to their seemingly common notions. Clyde worked with the knights, but he talked about it as more of an exchange than an honor, the same as Theo. He also led on that he thought the wilderness preferable to Syliras, the city. Why was Clyde in Syliras? He didn’t know. But Theo also had the inkling notion that Clyde had allied himself with the knights for primarily selfish reasons, just as he did

“Ya know, Clyde, if you don’t mind me saying, I don’t know about this place. I don’t even know what I’m doing here. The knights had many promises when I initially came, but they fell through. They lifted me from the fate of poverty. That was their one gift I appreciate. But this duty they feel, what is it to? The citizens? Obviously not. People get cast out on the streets for looking at a knight wrong here. Is that right? Do we work because we want to, or because we’re afraid of what’d happen otherwise? Who do the knights really serve?”
All my templates were made by the grace of the enchanting Aislyn Leavold.
Theo Popcampio
Fire Starter

Words: 212275
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2015, 4:25 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on January 24th, 2016, 3:06 am

Clyde was by his nature secretive. However he enjoyed hinting at things, at further greater knowledge that the other wouldn't be aware of. It all meant something to Clyde, but generally others incomplete awareness of specific things Clyde knew meant they didn't make much sense.

The stone he worked on now was quite different from the work he'd done before. The prior one had been a high level example of Glyphing, something particularly difficult and time consuming. This one however was rather more simple and straightfoward, in all manners but its potency.

It was in truth a simple spell capture device, a scroll but cut to the quick of what was needed. Due to its potency even other mages spells could be caught in it, though due to its small size it was limited in the size of a spell it could pull in.

It also wasn't a proper scroll style storage device, as there was no trigger. But then, there was no room for the extra glyph, let alone the worded needed for it.

With such different intent and uses, the two different works were quite different in their making. The cube was all about pathways, flowing around and over. The pebble was just a focus and a barrier, enough to hold a spell and not let it loose.

It would keep within until either the glyphs were marred, or the stone was broken.

Continuing on with his engraving, Clyde slowly began to work on the barrier, a slowly sweeping curving line arcing around the focus in the middle.

He felt slowly with the tool, feeling the tiny diamond edge, a grain at most, cutting a small trail in its wake. Each one made another line, then it deepened the older one, and so on.

The first one was the longest and slowest, taking the most time and precision. The next cut was a bit deeper, and worked a bit into the prior cut. After that a groove began to form, and it became easier and easier and more of a tracing of a circuit.

It was a process that Clyde had come to see repeated when engraving something.

Clyde pondered the squires words, unsure of his intent. Was he baiting Clyde? Was he attempting to get him to say something to incriminate himself?

He wasn't sure what the squire intended, but he felt it best to answer a bit conservatively, though without outright lying.

“The knights at their core are an idea. Whether or not they live up to that ideal, that is up to them. But at there core, they are people. People by their nature are often self interested, limited, and emotional.”

“Not always, not all the time, but people are people. Sometimes though in search of reaching an ideal, one can lose sight of themselves, and lose sight of their true purpose.”

“Perhaps then this has happened to these knights you see as having not met your promise? Perhaps they've stopped serving their ideal, but instead are serving themselves. People are people, no matter how big or small, how high up or low.”

Blowing on the pebble, Clyde released the stray bits of grit and grinded stone, and held it up for Theo to see.

“Done. Its a much simpler thing than my other work. Its a storage stone of sorts. It'll capture one spell, and hold it. Though the glyphs are small, I doubt it'll work on too large of a spell.”
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Theo Popcampio on March 2nd, 2016, 12:20 am

Clyde had a way of avoiding his true point when he spoke. Cautious. Men could talk all they wanted, and act more knowledgeable than the rest. Everyone thought they were someone who knew something others didn't. They were often right, but everyone felt that way, so what did that mean anyway? Clyde knew better than to speak his mind at all times.

Theo did like the rock, however. He didn't mind seeing a new magical trick, and it only let him gather further info on Clyde. Glyphing was not an entirely knew concept, all mages had heard that spells could be stored, but Theo hadn't known the name yet or the practical use. All he knew was he had some magic rock that might do something like what Clyde did. Theo still did not yet fully trust Clyde Sullins, and he doubted if he ever would

"On the knights, I'll say this: We're just people. Prone to err just like the rest of everyone. Does that give us a free pass? No, not a bit." Theo put the glyphed rock behind him on a rotting stump. Turning around, he took a seat around the fire.

"I don't think we, they, have any reason to be acting as the judge and decider. We're a little too flexible like that." Theo looked at Clyde. "I for one think that freedom and choice are the most important things we have, and we don't have enough of that here. We don't have enough of that anywhere."

The young squire looked at the fire. The red heat fading as it tried to expand itself upward. "But there has to be a reason why a god has chosen the knights, there has to be. To be honest with you, Clyde, I just wonder if I fit in."

"But I'm usually not so serious, stick man. Why don't you tell me something weird and depressing, like what I can do with this rock?" Theo stood up searching for the rock. He looked at the rotted stump. The surface revealed nothing, so Theo poked his head into the cracks and seams of the splitting wood and still found nothing. Finally, he looked on the ground near the stump and through the leaves surrounding it.

"Okay... you gotta tell me how you moved it." But as Theo looked at Clyde he couldn't see a hint of deception. Then he felt it: His hair stood up, the air grew colder, and his heart cried some feeling of untenable intuition.

"Do you feel that?"
Theo Popcampio
Fire Starter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on March 13th, 2016, 11:27 pm

Clyde shrugged at the squires words, somewhat non-noncommittally.

“I suppose they are doing what they think is right, even if they aren't achieving it or do so by means they'd not like. Sometimes when you want to skin a deer, you just gotta get messy. Somethings just don't have a good solution, and all that's left is the blunt and physical approach. Of course, some might say the deer shouldn't have been killed in the first place...”

Clyde smiled though as the squire made mention of a god choosing Syliras.

“Theo, you've not been to many cities have you? Well let me tell you, most of the ones I've been to have a patron god. Heck, Nyka has four! I don't think the fact a particular god has taken a shine to a city and its people, and the people in turn worship that god, means that much. I've not been outside of Sylira, but I can't imagine other places being that different. You'd probably find more cities with a patron god than ones without, by my estimate.”

Clyde's mind had once more been wandering, listening to the squires words in the background as he fed the fire and got his gear properly stowed.

He was just about to ask the man what he supposedly had moved, when he felt a chill flow against his aura for a moment, garnering his attention immediately. On a more physical level he also felt a slight chill passing over them, but then as it was early winter that wasn't so odd. It was cold out, so cold spots from other things would be hard to notice. It was only the twinned nature of the press against his aura, a warning of something impending upon his space unexpectedly, that got his attention.

Clyde had met many different spirits over his travels, some violent and some nice. He'd even had a relationship of sorts with one or two, as much as two persons with only one having a physical body could have a relationship. He'd also had one threaten to stick his ghost hand into Clyde's chest and rip out his still beating heart. Needless to say Clyde was familiar with the sensation of ghosts nearby pressing on his aura.

The feeling on his aura, paired with the stone moving without either of them touching it, seemed to imply a spirit was about.

Ignoring the squires question for the moment, Clyde took out his mortar and pestle, along with the honey, elderberries, and cherries he had acquired earlier in the market. The cherries and elderberries were meant more as a seasoning, meant to compliment something else, and so there wasn't much of them. A single ounce of each, little more than a handful. The honey though was a pint, which while not being huge was larger.

If it was a ghost, it would be a good idea to make some soulmist. For that he needed three different ingredients, or food base items. He also had some meat, which he'd planned to use as the greater bit of his meal, but that would be difficult and he already had three with the honey and berries.

Dumping the entire bit of cherries and the elderberries into the mortar, Clyde began to grind them up. That would take a bit, before they'd be reduced to a pulp or goo. Then he could pick out the pits and add in the honey. Then would be the blood, before he could begin the process of making the edible material into soulmist fit for a spirit.

“You hungry? I'm hungry. Everyone gets hungry.”
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Theo Popcampio on April 5th, 2016, 11:34 pm

Clyde did not reveal it in his face, but his words betrayed him. Anxiety lingered in his breath, his long words became short breaths in the instant of Theo's question. Theo had dealt with ghosts before, and even some other creatures from beyond the dead. The knights and the compatriots thoughts of them vanished in an instant.

"Sure, I could fancy a meal now," Theo said. He sat down across from Clyde, knowing well that the ghostly presence lingered behind them. He was not scared or worried one bit, it would have to be monstrous apparition to take him by surprise; if it was, Theo hardly stood a chance anyway. Fate was simple.

Clyde also incidentally had revealed that he was a spiritist, which had no shock value to his new friend at all. Theo took a blunt stone off the ground and began sharpening his knife with it, or so he tried to make it seem. He did this for a short while, trying to feel out where the ghost was. It was close, but maybe not so close that Clyde could make out the specter with his eyes yet.

"My arm grows tired, would you mind taking over?" Theo said, dragging the tip of his blade softly against his palm so as to give Clyde his plan His tactic about ghosts was to tip them off as late as possible, spirits were scared creatures and easily scattered off.

Theo passed the rock off and sat while Clyde was allotted time to brew the soulmist. Just as the squire was growing tired. The apparition emerged from the brush, looking directly over Clyde's shoulder. It was a child, a young girl. Theo stared at Clyde so as to gain his attention, and then turned his head over his left shoulder twice.
Theo Popcampio
Fire Starter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 10th, 2016, 2:20 am

Unease was one thing that Clyde did not feel in that instance. Unease, disquiet, uncomfortable, none described him then.

After having his life threatened at times on a near daily basis, running into foul spirits and monsters and all manner of things, being intimidated wasn't something easily done to the mage.

In that instance he was focused on his magic, something he knew and controlled.

The physical action of preparing the soulmist also helped, giving his mind something to focus on. But he wasn't afraid. Even if it was the worst case scenario, a violent and powerful ghost, he knew he'd be fine. The other man probably couldn't say the same, and if Clyde was forced to defend himself there was a good chance the other man would get hit as collateral damage.

But he wouldn't be the one to initiate, and he knew that more likely than not it wouldn't come out to be his worst case scenario that he was prepared for.

More likely, Clyde knew, it'd be something much less scary, or at least something healthily in the middle.

Clyde knew his own abilities, and so he knew he had nothing to fear as he ground up the berries in his mortar, not even feeling a need to look or stare in the direction the ghost was. After awhile he had it good and mashed up, and began to pick out the pits and seeds. He didn't want to put that stuff in his mouth, and it would be much easier before he added the honey.

Even still the juice of the berries began to color his fingertips from the times he put them into the mix to pick out the pits.

Once he was done cleaning out the unneeded bits he licked his fingers, cleaning off the juice and mess stuck on them while he looked up at Theo finally and met his eyes, a bit of a bored look on his own face.

As the man's response registered in his mind, Clyde quirked an eyebrow, pondering his words. His answer was delayed a bit as Clyde continued to lick at his fingers, staring at the human before him.

“Eh? I wasn't talking to you Theo. You seem plenty fed to me.”

“And you can mess with your own stones, thank you, all your doing is dulling that blade and you don't need me for that.”

Of course, a small bit of his confidence had to do with Cha herself, the staff he kept with him at all times. It had been specially treated when it was enchanted, which meant it was able to touch ghosts as easily as any weapon infused with quality soulmist, only as a permanent effect.

If a ghost popped out of no where right then he could pick up the staff and wack it a good blow with the staff, something it'd not likely be expecting.

While Theo had his theory of treating ghosts, one of caution and niceness, Clyde had his own theories. If Clyde had known of Theo's theory he'd likely have ignored it, as it would be in his mind something akin to treating a skittish horse with quiet tones.

But Clyde knew, or as his theory and reasoning went, that ghosts weren't horses, but people. People wanted to be treated like people. People didn't want to be danced about, or talked down to, they just wanted to be treated like anyone else.

That was the reasoning behind him carrying on business as usual. Ghosts wanted to be treated like people, until they didn't, and so he'd act like the ghost was just another person until he couldn't.

Once he was done cleaning his fingers, Clyde added in the honey, and began to mix it again. He would need to keep mixing it, doing so over and over till the mixture became a nice even substance without chunks or odd bits.

He pointedly ignored Theo's unsubtle indicators which were meant to tell Clyde where the ghost was.

Clyde didn't bother to look, though a small wisp of his concentration willed a extension of his aura sight out in that direction, feeling about and latching on to the dull aura of the ghost.

As the image fell within his aura sight, he could see the spirit as if he was looking right at it. Or in this case, her. A young her, one of the youngest ghosts Clyde had met.

“Come along now, I'm making something specially for you. I've never had any complaints about it. Its a new recipe though that I'm trying, but I'd wager it'll be pretty tasty. I'll just need a bit to finish.”

Casually reaching into his bag, Clyde took out his dagger, and then lightly cut the tip of one of his fingers on his left hand. Massaging the wound Clyde let drips of blood fall into the mortar, a gentle stream continuing on for awhile until he felt he'd added enough blood to the mixture. Blood was the final ingredient, and the most vital one. Without that and the processing to follow it'd just be a mix of gunk.

“Why don't you sit down and talk to Theo here, while I finish up.”

Once he was done bleeding, Clyde would stick the cut finger in his mouth, sucking on the wound until it slowly stopped bleeding.

In the meantime he'd be mixing the new contents of the mortar, melding in the blood into the final concoction.

After that he would wait till he had stopped bleeding, before slowly taking a handful of the mix from the mortar and popping it into his mouth, where he would begin to chew it. And chew. And chew some more, for quite some time, longer than he'd mixed it.

That was the final step to the process, the process of making it into soulmist. The stuff needed to spend time in his body, mixing and melding, which it did as he chewed it. Along with that he needed to focus on the desired intent, slowly willing the change to take place, picturing the stuff becoming paler and cooler, akin to the substance that made up a ghost, just barely giving off a literal glow of life which could be imparted upon a spirit.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Theo Popcampio on April 24th, 2016, 6:49 am

A wide smile drew over Theo's face as he watched Clyde drip his blood into the mix, and he was wiggling with excitement as Clyde sucked his finger dry. I should spend more time with this guy. He writes the jokes for me. Not that I'd dislike him if he was gay, I just figure he's not by the way he's looking at this ghost girl.

If only you liked people as much as you like this ghost already, then maybe I'd of thought you were normal. Theo lied to himself in his conscious, if only he had known about Clyde's past, then perhaps he could of said something outwardly. Although Theo was more than satisfied with their current standing.

It had gotten to a point where Theo could no longer help himself. "Oh, Clyde, I'm heart broken that you've so easily dismissed me. I can only imagine what would happen if she died a later in her life, or if her corpse was here." Turning his smile from Clyde, whose thesis experiments on soulmist were preoccupying his time, to the girl, Theo laughed. "No reason to be shy here. Despite the friendly banter, were new friends too."

She sat next to him, but Theo couldn't really see her with the light of the fire picking at his outside vision. Perhaps Clyde had a better view.

Regardless, Theo would talk to her.

"For starters, I'm Theo, the bravest and most charming knight-to-be in all of Syliras, Squire to Lester Vey, and proven adept of reimancy and spiritism, but I really make all the money with my sword arm." Theo gestured his hand towards Clyde. "This devilish young rogue over there is Clyde Sullins, master of vague philosophy and ulterior motives, wielder of a staff, and just an all around good guy. I think you'll like him more than me, although after observing the way he made that soulmist you'll probably wish I made it. But food's food, am I right?" Theo laughed. "If I were to be truthful, I wish Clyde liked feeding me as much as he seems to like feeding you."

"So... Don't be rude, tell us a little about yourself." Theo winked at Clyde across the fire. "How long have you been dead for, or is that to personal? Do you like it? I hear being absent of the cycle and trapped on the mortal plane is all the rage these days. Do you have a name?"

She opened her mouth, and Theo's eyes were darting back between her and Clyde with a coy smile hanging on his face. He couldn't wait for what Clyde had to say.
Theo Popcampio
Fire Starter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 26th, 2016, 8:58 pm

Clyde focused on the intent he desired, willing the change to take place upon the material he was chewing. He had done it before, though it had been awhile since he had made any soulmist.

As with anything one tended to get slowly better each time. He still recalled the first time he had made soulmist, the first time a ghost had used it... Though he couldn't recall which ghost it had been. But besides the prickling on his aura, he didn't feel anything too bad from the ghost. Not that he felt anything good either, since reading an aura was never so simple as finding out if someone was good or bad.

So he chewed, and focused on the soul dough in his mouth, willed it and imagined it grower cooler, lighter, brighter, and infused with life. Pictured in his mind the slurry of berries and food and blood melding and turning into a cloud with a light inside, floating about in his mouth.

When Clyde did look at the ghost, something he rarely did with his mundane eyes since he could see her quite clearly in his aura sight, it was a look without full emotion. Clyde didn't look at her as if he was looking at a person, or even an animal. More akin to looking at a book in the library which he found somewhat interesting and useful.

It was a look that perhaps wasn't so far off from how he also looked at Theo.

In a way though his looking at the ghost was nicer, or at least with less mistrust. He looked at her like an interesting book. He looked at Theo more like an interesting book that might start spitting flames from between the pages unexpectedly.

At being called Theo's friend, Clyde tried to talk, though not managing to speak too well through the large wad of souldough in his mouth.

“Eh wuhh-e-clrt ur frunds. ”

When Theo continued on, and called himself "the bravest and most charming knight-to-be in all of Syliras" and other things, Clyde let out a audible snort of derision. Something that didn't work as well with a mouth jammed full of souldough, which was what he called the unprocessed material used for soulmist before the final activation step.

After the snort Clyde started to gag, which turned into a wet cough with the contents of his mouth, along with some small mist of particles flying out of his mouth before he contained his coughing and got his breathing back to normal.

After a moment Clyde continued chewing, not wanting to stop in the middle of processing the souldough into soulmist. He wasn't sure if it was just in his mind, that he sensed it because he expected it, but he felt as if the material in his mouth was a bit... Cooler, and smoother. Which was odd of course since normally putting something into your mouth would warm it up.

If nothing else it hadn't gained any heat, even if it wasn't cooler. Clyde continued to focus, picturing the offwhite material that coated a ghost, their soulmist, and went through the mental image of the material in his mouth turning into it.

As Clyde chewed the ghost girl said something, but it was such a quiet whisper no discernible words could be heard.

He didn't think the soulmist was quite ready, so he kept chewing, though he though it was nearing completion.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Aladari Coolwater on October 27th, 2016, 2:51 pm

Name:Clyde Sullins

XP Award:
  • Wilderness Survival: 2
  • Engraving: 1
  • Philosophy: 1
  • Logic: 3
  • Spiritism: 3
Lore:
  • Wilderness Survival: Assembling a Tent
  • Theo Popcampio: Novice Mage Squire
  • Starting a Fire without Reimancy
  • Engraving: Creating an 'X', Can't Go Back Over Lines
  • Philosophy: Love the Woods for the Woods
  • Every Talk is an Investigation
  • Spiritism: Homemade Soulmist from Berries

Name:Theo Popcampio

XP Award:
  • Riding: 1
  • Reimancy: 2
  • Socialization: 2
  • Observation: 2
  • Philosophy: 1
  • Logic: 2
Lore:
  • Clyde Sullins: Sahovan Mage
  • Nuits: White Ichor
  • Sahova: A Place of Knowledge
  • Nyka: Four Patron Gods
  • Making Weapons the Bane of Nuits with Ichor
  • Bronze Woods: A Temple of Thought
  • Philosophy: What do Knights Work For?
  • Philosophy: Why Have the Gods Chosen Us?

Penalties/Rewards :
Theo will receive a small pebble glyphed with a simple spell-capturing ability. Clyde, don't forget to subtract the foods from your ledger, and add those not used to the inventory.

Comments :
Don't forget to edit your request to reflect its graded status. If you have any questions or feel I forgot something, please contact either me or Reflection.

"The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure."
- Cornelia Funke
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.

Words: 267621
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 3:26 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3