Completed [Kelwyn's Knocker] Who's There

Attempt 2.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

[Kelwyn's Knocker] Who's There

Postby Gybe on January 6th, 2016, 11:49 am

Timestamp 1st day of Winter, 515AV

It was unclear why he was before the Knocker again. There was no point. So many strange events had happened in Nyka though. Even people he knew who hit the knocker had changed their fortunes. It was visible. He had resisted in fall, but now that the beacon had lit indicating it was now winter, he decided if anything was going to happen, it would be today.

Just like before, Gybe was a fisherman, and having risen before the sun was fully in the sky, he was the first there. Normally there was a bit of a crowd at the knocker of people cheering others on, but not at this early hour. Any moment the sun was going to break the surface of the mountains in the distance, but now it was his time.

He moved forward to the knocker. "Some have died...Some have been given what they want...some have become something strange. I don't know what you have in store for me, but just end it all...if nothing is within your desire to bless me with, then just end it. There is no point any more." He had come to realize his pledge of vengeance was so far out of his grasp that he was foolish to even swear to Laviku that he would fulfill the disappearance of his family. Would Laviku even accept him if he died? He had forgotten the feel of the open sea, the feeling of swimming with his Tavan. It was all gone.

Just a shell was left, and just a shell moved up to the the knocker and pulled it as far back and up as he could before slamming it down. He didn't wait, linger, or look back. He just headed toward the docks to his job.

Other's Words -- My Words -- My Thoughts
Gybe
Player

Words: 60786
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2015, 8:31 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets