Introductions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Introductions

Postby Talbin on February 13th, 2016, 11:24 pm

Greetings Roleplayers of Mizahar! I decided to take a bit of time out from choosing my race and thinking of a character to introduce myself to everyone :)

I'm UK based and am going to admit straight off the bat that I haven't RPed like this since I was about 16/17 years old (I'm now pushing 30) ;P I enjoy writing casually as a hobby so I'm hoping getting into some deep character and world development will spur my creative juices elsewhere.

Please be gentle as I'm a bit rusty with it all, but I look forward to meeting everyone's PC in Mizahar. It looks like you've crafted an awesome world to play in :D

Cheers from Yorkshire.
Talbin
Player

Words: 398
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2016, 11:16 pm
Race: Human, Inarta

Introductions

Postby Aislyn Leavold on February 14th, 2016, 12:19 am

Hello Talbin!

Glad to see you've got some RP experience, no matter how long ago. An interest in writing is nice to have, after all. It would seem Miz is a good place to be, considering what you've said :D Forum roleplay definitely helps to improve in writing (speaking from experience) and there's certainly enough development to go around.

Good luck meeting everyone, though; it's a big world out there. Of course, I wouldn't discourage you from trying! Also, be sure to check out the Starting Guide, and come join chat if you have any questions. With any luck, I'll see you in Alvadas at some point. Welcome to Mizahar!
Aislyn Leavold
Just an illusion.

Words: 647829
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 9:23 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)
2016 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2016 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Introductions

Postby Talbin on February 14th, 2016, 12:39 am

Why thanks :)

One thing I did want to ask before I make the effort to dive in. I was going to create an Inarta character but it seems Wind Reach is closed? I also noticed a number of other regions are closed as well? What's the active member list like for this website? It seems well worth getting involved in but I don't want to spend ages making a detailed character only to find out there's nothing happening in that region! :D

Thanks again!
Talbin
Player

Words: 398
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2016, 11:16 pm
Race: Human, Inarta

Introductions

Postby Elias Caldera on February 14th, 2016, 3:18 am

Hey there Talbin, welcome to the site!

If you're curious to see how many people you'll have an opportunity to be interacting with in each city, simply look for a sticky thread (one of those at the top of the list) that has the word registry or registration in it.

That's going to be the most current census of characters currently active in that city for that season.
Elias Caldera
Playa

Words: 1255799
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2013, 1:28 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
Ravok Seasonal Challenge (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Introductions

Postby Firenze on February 18th, 2016, 8:28 pm

Welcome Talbin!

Although it might be a bit of a pain, there are some cities that are closed (they will be noted in the city list). Unfortunately you can't play there until they're opened back up by a Storyteller. This doesn't mean that you can't still write with us, it's just an added challenge to determine how your character might fit into a new and unusual place. Also keep in mind, just because something is closed doesn't mean it won't open back up again. (Players are always bouncing around the map, traveling can keep things fresh and gain new experiences!) Also, you can say that you were born in a place that's closed, you just won't be able to RP there or flashback until it's open.

If you have any questions feel free to PM, jump in Chat or check out the Q&A area :)

Look forward to seeing you around!

Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)