[Antinous Training Grounds]Steel Vs. Endurance

Solo

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 9th, 2016, 2:58 am

06Spring516AV || Training GroundsLocation

"Common" "Others"

"Speed isn't everything while in battle Ferrin. You must know of this." Said the patron Knight as he glared at Ferrin with a sigh and a shake of a head."But, what if I could have a chance at tiring my opponent out?"Replied the squire as he let loose a wry smile and felt a bit uncomfortable with his pateons's presence."Because it is casual that you fight the opponent if necessary instead of fleeing like a rat being chased by a mouse. It will do you no good when your against those untamed Yukmen."Replied Ser Xervos bitterly.

"We also need to work on more of your endurance and stamina. Keep up the strength that you can contain in the future. But, as of now your fighting styles are more weak than entertaining. And you tire out easily. I know we've been at it for a few days at hand. But, seriously Ferrin try to keep up. Learning quick is good, but if you can't learn of anything related to fighting than I suggest your retirement."Ser Xervos stated eagerly.

"To begin let us start with those push ups. Today I have you without your armor as I want you to work on those legs and arms of yours. " Explained Ser Xervos as he leveled with Ferrin face to face. " You understand?"Said the Knight soothingly now. Ferrin nodded; "Ser yes I do." The Knight nodded in reply."Alrighty then let this training get started."Said the Knight. Ferrin gave out a wry smile. And sighed."Push-ups? Can you do them?"Ferrin nodded, but the man hadn't done it for ages. Though, it's not like he had had forgotten entirely about them. Otherwise, he would not have noddedto assure his patron who stood before him.

Ferrin had prepared the usual stance for doing Push-ups and awaited for his Knight to commence the process."You may start at doing fifty. I'll be back in a few chimes. I must go converse with my fellow Knights."Said Ser Xervos as Ferrin started his session of push-ups. Ferrin lowered his abode while he had his palms on top of the dirty floor below him and lifted up. One. He went down. Up. Two. Down, and then up. Three.

Ferrins clothing had now picked up some dirt from the floor as his shirt hung from his waist and slid against the floor lightly. Up, four. Down, and then up once again. Five. He had done five so far. What was the major point indicating why he had to do push-ups he wasn't complaining. No. He wouldn't want to do laps around the building. He would rather do these push-ups instead. Down, up, six. Down, up. Seven.

Ferrin breathed in and out as he went through a vertical manner. And suddenly, Ser Xervos had reappeared and Ferrin looked up, but only for a breif moment in time before he had to focus on what he was doing prior. "Did I forgot to mention to count. I would love to hear those loyal words of your counting to signify what number your at."Down, up "Eight."Said Ferrin solemnly.

With the counting and constant moving up and down. Ser Xervos stated that he must leave and explain a few other things to his fellow companions. He had helped them with their squires as well. And Ferrin had managed to do at least twenty push-ups before the Knight had come back to study more of the Squires work ethic. Shockingly, Ferrin had begun to sweat and his palms had been relinquishing sweat onto the ground and had made things a slight challenge to contain them over the surface. But, the squire had not said a word about it, whilst he was hoping to not do extra of the work.

Thirty, now. He counted at thirty. While he had spoken the number as he went down and up still. His patron nodded in approval and smiled greatly as if he were proud of his work. Ferrin had taken a few more breathers whilst he had reached, now the number of fourth push-ups in a matter of chimes. Just ten more that remain.

Up, and down, up and down. He counted aloud and his curled black hair had begun to drip a few bits of sweat onto the ground while the Knight stared at Ferrin still and waited eagerly to have him finished. Fifty. Ferrin sighed and smiled wryly at the man before him. Still at the "up" stance from doing the push-ups and waited for another command. His arms throbbed a bit, but not to bad; well not yet.

"Well, how do you feel about curl-ups?"

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 2nd, 2016, 9:33 pm

Timestamp: 06 Spring 516AV

Curl ups? Sure his father had had helped him with training to do some runs and body building. Only a little of the body building portion though. Surely, that training must've had helped a bit at least. It got him a few days from feeling completely exhausted. Approximately, though, those few days of training had increased the lack of sleep, it had perhaps increased the amount of sleep needed by a few days at most. On the contrary, Ferrin usually wakes up at an early enough time to get the day started out right.

"Curl ups Ser? Please, is it really something of the necessity?"Asked Ferrin almost childishly as he sat up. "Yes, if you need to improve on your build. And your form. Definitely."Replied the Knight as he went to grab a wooden chair that sat aloof and collected dust every tick that it sat there. Surely, that chair must be having a better time than Ferrin? But, if inanimate objects could really even so speak, it would probably beg the differ. Of course, sitting around doing nothing isn't as enjoyable as actually doing some things.

"Aye Ser. I understand."Said Ferrin with a gloomy smile. The patron Knight strolled back, his black curled hair glossy, like a cleaned silver platter. Well, in this case a gleamy charcoal coloured platter. Because the Knight had had black hair, and it still gleamed. The Knight released a small grimace over his wrinkled like countenance. His smile was almost torturous. But, it merely showed satisfaction. "I'll make it easy for you. Let's see you do fifty. And then we'll talk from there. Go on, get started I don't want to be waiting all day. I have plans for you."Said the Knight in a way, where it felt a bit snarky if anything.

"Oh... But, Ser. What about weapon training?"Asked Ferrin a bit exuberantly, more than what he wanted. He clasped one of his hands over his mouth and cursed solemnly to himself in disgust and grunted low. Low, but quiet enough to not have been heard by his patron, at most."The first weapon we need you squires to be trained in is your body. Work up those muscles so you can be able to fight whenever the time is supposed to be right."Replied the Knight. Ferrin gave a slow nod in response and shifted into the start of a curl up.

Down, up. Which was one. Still, being a Knight was what Ferrin had had always wanted to be. Even if it meant all of the training would still happen not like there'll be some sort of mission where Ferrin could become blessed by the Gods or even the Windoak itself to go forth on a quest. A quest for what though, what's been going around Mizahar that could be of any effect to its world?

Down, up. Two. If Ferrin were born here in Syliras, perhaps things would have had gone a bit easier for him during the path of becoming a Knight? Would it? But, what would that have meant for his siblings? Was Ferrin starting to have some sort of obsession over the fact that he wants to become a Knight so badly?

Down, up. Three. Surely, he wasn't. He wasn't going insane yet. No. He just had to keep pushing himself. Push himself till he can succeed in his goal. To do that meant more and more training though. Seasons, many many seasons of training, perhaps even many and many more years even. Less thinking. More excersizing.

My Words Others Words My Thoughts

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 4th, 2016, 3:01 am

Timestamp:
Up, down, up, down, up. Six at count now. Still Ferrins uncle had been sitting on that hard wooded chair for the past chime. Just standing there. Waiting to give out more things for Ferrin to work on. Ferrin, who was the man's nephew. And brother of Ferrins father. And Ferrins father was known as Thorin. And still is. Surely, his father could've made at least a season of training. He didn't give up right away. No. Hopefully he'd made it that far. Ferrin would have to manage much more than a season if he can ever do so.

Down, had he really been up for that long. Now he must've been a few ticks behind. Surely, he can keep up the work ethic. Possibly. Up, eight. Fourth two to go. And still, the Kenashian hadn't broken a sweat just yet. Still, he had grown slightly tired now. "Ser?"Said Ferrin as he lowered his back. Down. The Knight leveled his eyes down at Ferrin, his largely built abode towered over Ferrin. He smiled. It was more of a smirk than a smile."Yes my dear nephew. What is it? " Said the Knight with a sigh as Ferrin raised his own body upwards. Nine." How did, you, and, father, separate?" Asked the Kenashian with breaths. The patron just sat there, and eyed his apprentice for the young squire was unaware of what we're to come in response.

"We had had fought many times before his leave, nephew. But, the fighting was never the reason for his dismissal. We had always came to terms at the end. But, I believe that it was with his own Knight that had discoruaged him while he was young. Younger than you even." "Thorin was ever so a good kid. Perhaps one of the best good kids I'll ever know."Replied Ser Xervos with a nod and a tilt of his head backwards to sit upright.

So there was his answer. Down. Ten. Still, things weren't hard as they were now. Perhaps things are just as hard with training as it was back then. Probably, more so. Even still. Things can't get easier by the looks of it. And the way Ser Xervos talked about Ferrins father had changed many things of the Kenashians' perspective of Ser Xervos. Maybe he had some heart left in him after all. Just maybe.

Up, down. Eleven. At least things were progressing, now. Things were working out for Ferrin. He has a new life practically. The man had met a new girl, whom lives in his apartment at the Traveler's Row. Now he has his life time career that he had had always wanted. Up, down. Twelve. He now is making some new friends, hopefully friends that he could keep for the long run.

Down, up. Thirteen. Yes. Things were looking better for the Kenashian. Well, better more so than worse. At least, he wasn't outside on the streets somewhere begging for extra coin, or even food. Still, if things had ever gone wrong, he could just as well return to Kenash. Hopefully, his family won't hold any grudges against him. Surely, they were his family after all.

Down, up. Fourteen. Would he still have to do curl ups after he reaches fifty? His arms were beginning to shake after all. He hadn't even reached twenty yet, no. Perhaps it was more of the stress that had been taking a toll on him. Maybe, just maybe. Or maybe it was the facts that he's been over thinking things again. Down and up. Fifteen. Surely, his family would be proud whence he returns and discover that him becoming a squire had really been a plus for him.

Down, up. Sixteen. Just nine more to go to reach half of the required. Surely, he could keep up the work and the momentum before he busts. He didn't want to end his day thinking that he can't go on, and now, wasn't the time to call it at an end, it was just only the beginning of a hard day's work.

"My Words"-"Others Speaking"-My Thoughts

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 4th, 2016, 10:27 pm

Timestamp:

Seventeen. Surely, training like this must be a few seasons. Why not do; well for starters, getting used to the shield and all the other Knightly weapons first. For the first season. Then physical training for the second. Perhaps mental training for the third. And probably go over any tactics and skills for the last? Surely, that won't be to difficult to understand or even go through. Ferrin had had made out a new life for him. Things will definitely be easier. All he has to do is ask. Hopefully, things w would get sorted.

Down, up. Eighteen. Oh, how Ferrin had missed his family so. They probably feel heart broken about now. Or, they probably feel relieved that Ferrin had had left and done something about now. That's what Thorin, his father, would probably be doing about now. Perhaps. Down, up. Nineteen."Boy, what's on your mind. Your taking things at a snail's pace. Something ought' to be on your mind."Said the Knight boringly. Perhaps it was just to start a conversation."Nothing Ser. Nothing's wrong. Just thinking."Replied the squire simply as he didn't bother to look up at his uncle.

The Knight looked at Ferrin oddly. Still, he snorted and looked out about on the grounds and felt a bit annoyed. Though, things were going slow today, it felt different as well. What number was he at now, he's been going down and up for what seemed almost forever. But, Ferrin was not to be one to complain. Was he at twenty, now? Did it matter? The man's arms were shaking roughly now. Though, Ferrin can muster the shaking. It was the thoughts that were keeping him off track. Perhaps he should cut down on how much he thinks, eh? Maybe that would suffice. Just maybe. If I ever stop thinking. Things would go a bit smoother for me, but no. I have to sit around on my arse thinking. And without combat.

Down, up. Down and an up. Down up. What was he at now, twenty one? Almost halfway there. Almost. Ferrin can make fifty before the end of a bell or so. And so he hoped. The Knight leaned over once again. Sighing at Ferrins work."You're at twenty-one. If you do not know. Please, oh please keep moving things would only slow down while your sitting there and I have things that I want us to complete today."Down, up. Twenty-two. Down, up. Twenty-three."What kind of things Ser?"Said Ferrin with a few gasped breaths in between. "Yes. Well, I was planning on going over some tactics and teach you the longsword for today. So if you want to learn those best move your ass and hurry it up, alright."Replied the Knight a bit harshly. Down, up. Twenty-four. Down-up, Twenty-five.

At least Ferrin was glad that he hadn't been around his Uncle for far to long; well not to long yet. Surely, there'll be a time when Ferrin would feel a bit annoyed of Ser Xervos and the way he acts and all. But, his father is somewhat the same way, but less of a swearer. Still, things have changed. And Ferrin was glad that he managed to find a part(s) of his family that were scattered about this world. Down, up. Twenty six. Down, up twenty seven. Down up, twenty eight. At least things would get easier, or in hopes easier. Things had had been looking up for the Kenashian every path he took. He had met a new girl whom was living with him in his apartment at the Traveler's Row. Got his lifetime career that he had had wanted for most of his life. Even though, he's talked about it a ton now, it was still a plus for him. He has a lot of friends, well perhaps not a lot, but enough to call them friends at least.

Down, up twenty nine. Down up. Thirty. Thirty, just twenty more to go now. Surely, everything would become more clear once things have improved for Ferrin. He still wanted to find all of his family that hadn't been in contact. The last family member of his heritage he had met; save for Ser Xervos, was Alferic. The man with the bald head. He has some curiosity about him. He hadn't even known that it was a family insignia. Until, someone told about it a long time ago.

Down, up. Down and up. Down and up. With his head throbbing, elbows a bit sore, he kept pushing himself. Ferrin smiled weakly with the progress he made. His legs bent at a ninety degree angle and his feet grasped hardly at the stone and dirtied floor. The winds from the open air tickled Ferrins face. He can do it. He just needs the motivation. His cheeks flushed a strawberry red. And his breaths were rasped; a bit lightly though, not to heavy. Down and up. Thirty four. Down, up. Down, up. Down, up.

Ferrin could see himself reaching the line of victory. He tilted his head over to his patron to only see him gazing outside to where the birds where. Singing as the day went on, but Ferrin didn't have time to gaze at the wondrous birds that was dwelling in Mizahar. Not now, anyways. Down, up. Down, up. Down, up.

A Few Chimes Later:

Ferrin sat with his legs crossed, back straight; his hair curled and wet with sweat. His face had tear drops of sweat trickling down. The Kenashian smiled weakly with a tired countenance. His patron looked at him and smiled in return."Aye, finally done are ya?" "Good, you could get a drink of water and we could return with the longsword training. Steel has its threshold you know and without the metal, there would be no weapons. And no weapons means no defense. Having the proper weapon means everything."

My Words Others Words My Thoughts

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes