Closed [The Fighting Pit] Grievances (Revy)

Avrial meets Revy

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Fighting Pit] Grievances (Revy)

Postby Avrial Stalinsa on March 19th, 2016, 6:11 pm

30th Of Spring 516AV

For Avrial it seemed as if she lived and breathed combat sessions. She was either in the training grounds or in the fighting pits.

Sliding steel from her sheaths she let the metal hiss as steel dragged through steel as her twin swords broke free of there prisons. In a place far away from confinement they sang songs of there freedom as they played capricious fashion as each stroke whizzed nonchalantly as it sliced air in a synchronized rythm.

Her left hand raised up like a scorpions tail and thrust downward to spear the curved tip into the dummies neck. when this happened the right hand sprang to life in an upward thrust to drive the curling tip dead center through the bottom of the chin in a spot on the jaw between the bones. Such a strike stopped by would find itself sailing through the roof of the mouth and into the into the skull or in a less lethal variation scramble the nasal cavity. Going further into imagination land, she lifted the sword in a twisting motion while giving a stiff jerk to the side. That cruel barb could break teeth as it pushed it's way out, while the twisting leverage would act like a prybar to snap the jaw. Of course why bother if all she needed was to blast her shoulder into the flat of her sword to behead them.

Avrial continued her regiment of dual wielding. It's what she really looked forward to the harder she trained the better off she was. She'd started to become a bit obessive compulsive when it came to training, it was exclusively swords or skills to improve upon swordsmanship.

She shot her left hand out to punch the dummy in the face and pulled out with a whipping lash of her wrist pulling the swords edge across its throat.

She really seemed to be working up nice fluid movemens in the fighting pits. The Stalinsa, had a bit of ire towards uppity squires trying to best her in combat rather then leave with the days lesson

It was a nice bright cool afternoon, Avrial was armed with her two kilij swords. Her plate mail armor and her cloak that draped over her head and pauldrons.
Avrial Stalinsa
Honor Or Death

Words: 32993
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2015, 5:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Revy Hiroe on April 4th, 2016, 7:06 pm

A woman, clad in black plate armor without the helmet, walked along the streets of Syliras, heading for the gates so she could visit the fighting pit once more. Usually she didn't visit them, as the training grounds were just better equipped. However, the past days had left a bitter taste in her mouth. Not only had she received an earful from her patron about her actions, she also had to clean equipment, something she only did for her own stuff.

Despite the fact that it was a busy time of the day, Revy could easily walk along the narrow streets of Syliras. People didn't like getting to close to her, with her exuding that intimidating aura of hers. It didn't help that she carried a greatsword, shield and dagger on her back, along with a longsword on her hip. She didn't want to have to deal with them. Right now all she wanted was to have a good old bout in the pit. Preferably with someone who could keep up with her longsword.

When she entered the pit, the first thing she did was take off the greatsword from her back. She left her shield still hanging from her back, as did she leave the dagger on the back of her hip. Her longsword, a trusty partner for her, still hung from the hip. Would today be a day where she could go all out with someone without having to care about injuries? Perhaps.

Her eyes got drawn to the plate-clad person, wielding two swords. She didn't quite recognize the shape of them, as it had been far too long for her to remember. Yet seeing how that person was wielding them, she or he would make a great opponent. So with a wide grin on her face, she stepped forward to said person. "Wanna 'ave a bout, you an' me?", she asked with confidence.

oocSorry for the late reply, completely forgot aobut the thread! :(
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Avrial Stalinsa on April 5th, 2016, 6:06 pm

When the woman in black armor introduced herself Avrial wasn't sure what to think. Revys plate armor seemed like a snug fit, and it was a custom color. Although she did hoard weapons similar to another fellow she didnt like, one Alex Faircroft to be precise. But then there was also that intimidating presence about her, maybe it was her confidence that was unnerving her.

Her instincts were to follow a disciplined reaction to a superior officer, a formal salute was bestowed upon what the Stalinsa believed to be a sargent knight.

"If it would please you madam,
I am Sera Avrial Stalinsa may I ask who it is I am addressing?
I have to add though.
Only one other person I know with a stash of blades like that is a squire named Alex, Alex Faircroft. Just between me and you, you'd best be wary if your training around him, I think Sebastian let's him run off the leash a little too freely if you know what I'm saying. From past experience he gets good honest folk in trouble."

Avrial awaited instruction from what she believed was a superior officer.
Avrial Stalinsa
Honor Or Death

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Revy Hiroe on April 7th, 2016, 10:03 pm

Revy was a bit surprised by the sudden salute of the woman and awkwardly saluted herself. Why'd she salute her all of a sudden? It wasn't like Revy was a higher rank than that woman. After all, she was still only a squire. Something she wanted to change in the near future. Maybe that woman thought Revy was a superior? That's something she had to change at least. If her patron found out she impersonated a higher rank, she would be not just in a little bit of trouble.

Though she wanted to answer right away, it was best to listen to what else she had to say. Unfortunately that did make her hear Alex' name. She had a bout with him, not a favorable one though. She lost herself in her old combat nature of kill or be killed. She rarely fell into that, yet each time she did it caused numerous problems. Though as long as she wouldn't completely lose herself, like back in Nyka with Xymal, she could at least protect her own life at least.

"I dun know what'cha think of me, but I'm only a squire, Sera. My name's Revy Hiroe.", she replied. "And Alex.. I know 'bout that guy. Had a bout with 'im. Can't say I liked it though." Usually the woman kept her accent under control, but today she just let herself go. She wanted to feel free for a bit again. Despite that she was liking her time with the knights, sometimes they could really feel constricting to a former mercenary that fought for fun.

"Can't say I'm good honest folk though. Used to be a merc. Been one for like.. eighty something seasons? Can't remember exactly. Been far too long to remember that.", she replied to the final remark of the woman. She did get herself into trouble because of him. However that had been completely her own fault. "So, what about that fight, eh? Surely Sera can best me in a one on one?", she asked again, full of confidence and with a smirk on her face.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Avrial Stalinsa on April 15th, 2016, 2:28 pm

Avrial took a deep breath in, to steady nerves. Although she never faltered from her cool and collected composure or lost her sunny smile that seemed quirky yet grim. Instead she just enjoyed that all to familiar high from a supple dose of adrenaline that started seeping through her veins as she the spar was taking shape from words and becoming a reality. She felt her senses and reflexes heighten as her vision was acutely locked onto her sparring partner. Avrial could start to feel the excitement through giddy little twitches and involunary trembles through her body, accompanied by.butterflies in her stomach as the stress of fear eased it's way into her chest.

She shared Revys sentiment, but honestly felt the kid was to blame for his disorderly conduct. But that was a separate jar of worms she didn't feel like opening.

"Thank you for your honesty in the matter of being a squire, but you needn't worry about being a mercenary only Sylir can judge you. My great ancestor helped build the foundation of this great kingdom and he was just a mercenary just like you. Our family crest is a key to the city.

Ask the paiges and they will say if you stay true to the path before you Sylir and his sagely wisdom will one day guide your hand. It's not about what you were it's about what you will become, I'm sure when the time comes you will be able to stomach what's asked of you. We're all murderers, it's what we kill for that sets us apart from the animals.

The Order has never been about me or you though, it never was it's about holding onto what we have for a better tomorrow I'd kill for that would you?

Perhaps a god to guide you through murky water? I pray to Wysar to better serve the light of Sylirs wisdom.

But Yes I am ready, but one favor would you mind?"

Avrial stepped back and leaned her shoulder to Revy, without asking she was asking the squire to remove her chest plate by unhinging her pauldrons and unbuckling the back and chest piece. Which would drop like fifyy pounds off her body.
Avrial Stalinsa
Honor Or Death

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Revy Hiroe on April 18th, 2016, 10:37 pm

The woman said that only Sylir could judge her, but that didn't change the fact that most of the knights, that knew her from two summers ago, still looked at her as if she were some piece of trash that didn't belong in the order. Not that she wasn't used to this kind of behaviour. People didn't seem to like mercenaries in general.

The knight's words did hold some decent wisdom to it, even if Revy didn't really keep Sylir up high. She was a devout follower of Myri and that was not ever going to change. "Maybe yer right. I ain't really a Sylir follower though. I'm a follower of Myri, me body an' soul belong to 'er. The main reason why I joined the knights was because I respect what you guys stand for and I wanted to be part of that.", she replied.

A favor? Ah, she wanted to drop some weight. Revy just helped her out a bit, by taking off the pauldrons and unbuckling the straps of her chest piece. The ex-mercenary could drop her armor too, but she was used to fighting in her armor to the extent that it didn't slow her down that much. Not to mention she had her Prowess mark. Even with the extra weight, she shouldn't be that much slower then the knight.

But was that woman really gonna fight her without any protection? For the love of Myri, that meant she had to use the training weapons. Heaving a sigh, she dropped her longsword and greatsword next to the wall, after which she grabbed a training longsword. This way she wouldn't injure Sera too much. "Guess I'll hafta fight with one o' these.", she said. "I generally dun like fightin with these. They ain't balanced to my preferences. But I dun wanna hurt Sera too much" After saying that, she picked her shield off of her back and stood across her superior, shield in front of her and the longsword to the side perfectly horizontal with the tip aimed at the knight.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)