Talking with Tankards (Nikia) [Heralds Arms]

No, the tankards do not talk. Summer of 10th 516av

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on June 14th, 2016, 4:19 pm

TITLE

Summer was always a season that Ferrin enjoyed. It wasn't until last spring that things had been going a bit bonkers lately. His uncle being kidnapped by followers if Rhysol. Plus, the hunt for a Kriital. Then there was Shimojes departure just a few days ago. It felt like forever since Ferrin had seen Shimoje last. The Kenashian will not forget about that bald headed character. Ferrin can't regret seeing Shimoje. It was fun and all, and Ferrin will miss that fun.

It was late in the afternoon and Ferrin was patrolling with his patron, Ser Xervos. They were both clad in armor with the Windoak engraved onto the metal breastplate. "So, how's Jade doing? I heard you two had taken it rough last season." Said the Knight as they walked along through the streets if Syliras. They were within the Neetle District and people covered every square inch of the streets trying to get together heir destination. Most of them avoided the men in armor as they walked through the streets.

"Jade is doing quite fair. I think she is a strong and independent woman." Said Ferrin as he blushed lightly. It was still quite bright outside and Synas warm eerie glow filled the busy streets. The sound if footsteps clinked and or tapped against the stone. The smell of fish and bread being baked wafted through the city.

"Ah, I see. Have you been planning on moving in another home bigger for the two of you?" Asked Ser Xervos. The two rounded a corner of residency buildings. They were close to the main gates and that that was something Ferrin was sort of hoping for. That meant they were close to ending their patrol in the city. "No, we were actually working on furnishing the apartment now." Replied Ferrin calmly. They were closer to the Gates.

Step. Step. Step. Step.

How many more steps would they have to take? "We'll be picking up more training soon. So I hope you've been sleeping and eating well you'll need it." Breath in, and breath out. "Thank you. Hey, once we're done with our patrol. Would you like to take a walk with me to the Heralds Arms? I haven't visited that tavern for awhile." Asked Ferrin as they neared even closer to the gates.

"Nah, I think I'll head back to the barracks to catch in some sleep. It'll probably be best. Don't forget to get your armor cleaned. It's a bit dirty." Said Ser Xervos with a sly smile. Just a few more steps to go. Why was Ferrin in a hurry? Ferrin didn't know. The thought of visiting a tavern that he hadn't been to was almost exciting. They've reached the Gates and Ser Xervos went over to one of the other Knights on guard duty and explained of what mishaps had happened today. Nothing happened, not today at least. The Knights shook hands and Ser Xervos came walking back with a weary smile across his face.

"Best be seeing you around. If I need you I'll be sending another squire or a page to come and fetch for you. You have fun at the Heralds Arms." With a nod and a smile, the Knight veered off towards the barracks as Ferrin smiled back and headed towards the Heralds Arms.

-----

Ferrin pushed open the door. The door to the Heralds Arms. The inside was warm and fairly comfortable, bards were dancing lightly on the first floor and telling tales over by the hearth. Men and women sat at the bar. Drinking and talking a few men and women looked over to Ferrin from sitting at the tables. Ferrin ignored them and walked past. He sat at the bar, where he'll usually find himself being.

There was a man behind the counter. "What can I fix ya?" Asked the man. Ferrin smiled and sat at an empty stool. "An ale and the meal of the night, please." Ferrin fished out five golden Mizas and placed them in a stack on the counter top. "It'll be here in a bit, for now here's your ale." The bartender hurried behind him through to the kitchen. Ferrin sat there, waiting and slowly drinking the alcoholic beverage. He didn't know what he was doing here. Besides talk... If that.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Nikia on June 14th, 2016, 10:59 pm

The city of Syliras seemed busy today, but no more then usual. After all, it being in the afternoon. The crowded city left Nikia feel a little lost. She found a place by a fountain to sit at in the center of all the chaos. She just simply watched the people as they made there way to their destinations. Nikia was content. The longer she sat and watched, the more she saw. Flower shops, inns, taverns, café shops, clothing shops, jewelry shops, etc. were within the great stone walls. Everything seemed new and exciting to the young kelvic. So much to try and experience. Nikia smiled to anyone who passed her by and often said, "hello." She's never really been in the city before, except to pass through. But, today seemed different. A fresh start. The young women took out a pocket sizes map and began to look for the closest tavern. Nikia kept getting confused, trying to figure out her route, and turned the map upside down and right side up with a look of uncertainty on her face. Five minutes passed by and Nikia gave up. She folded the map up and stuck it back in her brown satchel. A long sigh escaped her lips. She looked around for a moment and took in a deep breath. I really should pay more attention.

Only a few minutes passed and Nikia decided she needed to pull herself together. She took out the small map once again and began trying to read it once more. First, she figured out were she was to make sense of which direction to go. "Ah! So this is me!" The woman stated as she had her finger on the map. Then continued, "Now where is a place I can get a drink around here?" Nikia ran her finger from where she was to the nearest tavern and quietly made a mental note of which direction to turn to. Once she figured out her destination, she picked herself up from the fountains ledge and began walking. In a matter if minutes, a breeze picked up. Claiming the city for itself. Nikia's sliver-white hair swayed in all directions of the wind. Her low cut, white, mid thigh dress began to ruffle with the wind, leaving exposed skin to generate goose bumps. But, it didn't bother her much. She continued walking, making her way through the crowd as she held her left hand on the strap of her satchel and her right hand holding the map. Nikia continued to smile at the ones who passes her by, saying, "hello."

It seemed like the walk was taking forever getting to where she wanted to be. The young woman continued tracing her finger on the map as she passed by shops, inns, stands etc. Nikia simply observed where she was going with detail so she wouldn't get lost again. Those look beautiful! She thought as she passed by a floral shop. Such vibrant colors, of the flowers in the window, caught her attention. Her icy blue eyes fixed on the different flowers. Roses, lilies, snap dragons, bleeding hearts etc. Everything was wonderful. The woman stood there peering in the window like a tourist smiling. Minutes have passed and Nikia was mesmerized by the shop. A sound of a bell broke her concentration when a young women, wearing an apron, stepped out. "Is there something I can help you with, miss? The shop keeper asked, politely smiling at her with her hands crossed.

Nikia gripped her satchel a little tighter feeling the leather band within the palm of her hand. Her eyes starring at the women while she kept her body towards the window. The keeper spoke softly like a whisper to Nikia's ears. A second later, the kelvic smiled at her then replied, "Oh no. I am just admiring your beautiful display." As she gestured towards the window and giving it one more quick look before she heads off. Come to think of it, the keeper could possibly help Nikia. The white haired woman took a few steps closer to the working women. Nikia hesitated, gripping her satchel tightly. She always felt uncomfortable asking others for help, but getting to her destination would be much easier and faster. "Um. Actually there is something you can help me with." Nikia stated as she held her map up, letting the woman know she was lost. "I am looking for a place to have a drink, but I don't really know where I am going."

After a few minutes of explaining and pointing, Nikia understood of where to go exactly. Both of them waived to each other, the keeper went back in to her shop and the kelvic was back on track. By this time, it was a little later then what Nikia had hoped it wasn't. "I was there a while." She told herself as she went around one more corner. The wolf didn't expect another breeze to blow through the city and caught her off guard. Her dress rippling around while the front clung to her body. Her hair moving just as fast as the first time. White strands crossed Nikia's face. Almost covering her eyes. Still she continued walking.

In no time since she left the floral shop, she made it to her destination. Heralds Arms. Finally! Nikia thought. She took a quick glance at it after she put her map away then walked in. It was a little dark inside, but it didn't Nikia's eyes long to adjust. She stood there for a moment looking at the setting that she had entered. Everyone seemed to be starring at her. She felt out of place. Which was nothing new. Growing up, she felt different anyway. The wolf's eyes scanned for an open seat and found one at the counter. She, hesitantly, made her way passed the groups of people that starred. She arrived at the counter and took a seat a foot away from a man in armor. Nikia raised her hand and asked for ale. She reached in her bag to pay for the drink. She handed him five golden Mizas, not knowing how much the drink cost, as the bartender handed her the beverage. "Thank you." She told him as she grabbed her drink and sipped it.
"There is no stronger bond than a pack of wolves"

"Common" Thoughts

Nikia
The Wolf One

Words: 32333
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2015, 7:28 am
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes