Questions on Vexation?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Questions on Vexation?

Postby Tierra on October 25th, 2017, 4:27 pm

I have 2 questions on Vexation.

1: If a person with Vexation was torturing a person with Severing would this work for Vexation? If everything was equal: number of marks, skills, etc.
2: In the lore for Vexation it does mention dagger wounds and touch in the progression chart, but nowhere in the lore does is specifically mention that it needs to be a physical pain. Does emotional or mental pain count?
Total Threads: 9/10|ThreadAny Threads that are not solos 6/8|Solos 3 of 2

Until I have some free slots available I will not be taking on any new threads.
Thank you for understanding.

Due to some changes in my family dynamics I will be as active as I can. Please bear with me.
Tierra
You have no secrets even in shadows.

Words: 73587
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2014, 5:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Questions on Vexation?

Postby Gillar on February 4th, 2018, 5:55 am

Found this question, though late in the response, I thought I'd address it.

I am currently working on redoing Severing. When updating and/or reworking a Gnosis, it takes a bit due to the need to keep it from overlapping with other Gnosis' while also trying to maintain some of the initial write-up foundation to ease in the transition.

Severing as it was originally written, doesn't to me, really match up with the Goddess of Logic and Balance. To answer the question more directly though, it would come down to number of marks and maybe a contest of dice rolls in Discord.

As for what sort of pain Vexation deals with, it is primarily physical pain. While it's true that emotional/mental pain is involved, that is mainly seen as a side-effect of the physical pain as far as Vexation is concerned. Sure, when someone marked by Krysus works to fulfill their mark's requirements, they are bound to cause all manner of emotional/mental pain but the mark requires physical pain to be induced. This was a good question btw.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1046922
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Questions on Vexation?

Postby Tierra on February 6th, 2018, 1:33 am

Thanks gil for the reply
Total Threads: 9/10|ThreadAny Threads that are not solos 6/8|Solos 3 of 2

Until I have some free slots available I will not be taking on any new threads.
Thank you for understanding.

Due to some changes in my family dynamics I will be as active as I can. Please bear with me.
Tierra
You have no secrets even in shadows.

Words: 73587
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2014, 5:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes