Reimancy-related question from a new-comer

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Postby Rigel Nebula on December 18th, 2017, 7:42 pm

Hey, guys.

I have been reading a lot about Reimancy lately and have thought about the different things you can do with this magical skill when put into different situations and a certain complication occurred to me.

So, it's well known that nearly any Reimancer can create water by simply transforming their Res into the element. It's also known that, if a character had to get another character's Res in their system, it could possibly cause them to become a Reimancer as well.

Now what if, for argument's sake, a Reimancer hands a non-Reimancer (?) a glass of water that he created using his own Res? Could that Initiate the guy drinking the water? (if that makes sense)

I've been wondering this for quite some time now. Dunno why I didn't come here in the first place.
Rigel Nebula
A Seeker of Knowledge

Words: 10942
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2016, 1:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tierra on December 18th, 2017, 8:09 pm

PLease reread the lore it states, under the example of lightning storm:

Once Res is transmuted, it behaves like the natural elements, and becomes incontrollable.

Once it has been turned into said element it is no longer Res it is the element in question (in your example water)
Total Threads: 9/10|ThreadAny Threads that are not solos 6/8|Solos 3 of 2

Until I have some free slots available I will not be taking on any new threads.
Thank you for understanding.

Due to some changes in my family dynamics I will be as active as I can. Please bear with me.
Tierra
You have no secrets even in shadows.

Words: 73587
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2014, 5:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Rigel Nebula on December 18th, 2017, 9:05 pm

I guess I must have over-looked that little detail. It's crystal-clear now. Thanks, Tierra.
Rigel Nebula
A Seeker of Knowledge

Words: 10942
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2016, 1:02 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets