Alcoholics Anonymous, Symenestra Edition

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Postby Sanisi Zinnia on June 13th, 2018, 4:50 am

Hey guys! So I'm currently in the process of creating my character, and while looking around the skills list I came across Vinting, or making wine. It got me wondering, would a Symenestra be able to drink wine or any kind of alcohol? Would they feel the effects? I'm sure there's no nutritional value to be gained, but it is a liquid, so would it be consumable? Would there be a ~point~ in consuming alcohol?

A secondary question, would it be possible to take up an occupation not on the occupation list? (aka winemaking or working for a winery)

Thanks!!!
Sanisi Zinnia
Player

Words: 381
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2018, 9:47 pm
Race: Symenestra

Postby Antipodes on June 13th, 2018, 5:13 am

Hey there and welcome!

I believe that a Symn would be just fine drinking wine - although they might drink it a little differently. I'm going to defer to someone more knowledgeable in the race as to how alcohol affects them but I can't imagine it being much different than the average human since it's just fermented grapes. As for the rest, why does anyone consume alcohol? It could be as simple as to enjoy.

As for being a vinter, I'd just go off of the brewer/philterer profession (7 gm/d as a novice) and mention it when you make your job request. Your ST will be able to assist you further... just make sure the city you pick a.) has a winery or is a suitable city for such a business, and b.) won't kill Syms on sight ;) They aren't the most welcomed race.

Definitely feel free to join our discord server! There are usually people lurking around who can assist with any further questions you might have :)
cs review starting package cs help cs templates discord
Antipodes
your guide to the other side

Words: 27244
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2017, 9:14 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)

Postby Sanisi Zinnia on June 13th, 2018, 6:23 am

Hi Antipodes! Definitely glad to hear that wine should be the same for Symenestras, though the biology of it will be interesting to hear. And I'm planning on stationing in Riverfall, which has the The Bluevein Winery and only carefully watches Symenestras, which is something I can work with. At least as opposed to kill on sight haha.

Once I'm a little more confident in everything Mizahar I'll definitely hop onto discord! In the meantime thank you for all the advice!
Sanisi Zinnia
Player

Words: 381
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2018, 9:47 pm
Race: Symenestra