Spending time at the library

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Yeager Blackwolf on July 30th, 2018, 3:58 am

4th, Summer, 518 Av
Yeager had just finished getting his new home in order, he decided to head out and look around town to check out the shops. He walked the streets for a bit before he happened upon a place by the name of The Scholar's Demise, Yeager decided that based off the volume of foot traffic that he would be able to find some info here. He entered the tavern and took a seat at the bar looking at the drink options he overheard someone mention a library, he asked the bartender about it and was given the location of the Bharani Library. Not wanting to head there unprepared he decided he should pick up some equipment to make notes and the like, his thoughts were that surly this library would have items he was not allowed to leave with but at least he would be able to take notes. After acquiring information about the locations of The Good Book, a bookstore that happen to sell the items Yeager was looking for, he thanked the bartender for the info and headed on his way to pick up some writing supplies.

As he entered the bookstore he was greeted a older looking gentleman, “welcome to my shop I’m Keper the owner of this store, is there something that I can help you find” the store owner spoke with a smile. “Actually yes there is, I would like to see why you have for notebooks and writing supplies” Keper walked the young mage over to the supplies he was looking for. Looking over his options Yeager was first thinking of just some basic supplies to make notes, however his eye was caught by the sturdy travelers notebook which had a hard wood case to protect the notes as well a storage for writing supplies. “I would like to get these” Yeager held up the notebook in its hard case, he also picked up a quill and two vials of black ink. Yeager took the items to the counter so that he could pay he man and head for the library, “that will be 9 kina and 5 jade kina” the old man looked the items over as he gave the price. Yeager pulled the kina from his pouch and bid the man a thanks and farewell, he grabbed his equipment and put it in his backpack before heading off for the library.

Yeager was Speechless as he arrived outside the library, the size and beauty of the building surprised him. Up until this point the closest thing to a library Yeager had been around was the small shelf his grandfather had, as he entered the doors to the building he found himself in the main hall where a large desk with a short blonde woman sat. “Welcome to The Bharani Library my name is Silvya” she smiled softly at the young mage, “what kinda books are you looking for so I can point you in the right direction.” Yeager thought for a moment about the kind of books he was looking for, “well I have a few topics I would like to find some books for sculpting, mathematics, agriculture, wilderness survival, and foraging. The woman took a pen and a small piece of paper, she quickly jotted down some info on the paper as Yeager listed off a few of the things he would like to gain info on. “Here you go sir” she handed Yeager a paper with the location for the different topics, “thank you for this one more thing though where would I find books on magic Silvya” He asked as he looked at the paper then placed it in his pocket. “Unfortunately sir you won’t be able to access those kinds of books unless you’re a member of one of the towers, or you could try submitting a request to the tower head to get in that way” hearing this Yeager was saddened and so he decided to head to the house and call it a day.

As he walked up to the door of his house he was surprised to find a small red bouncy ball on his doorstep, he picked the ball up and looked at it as he entered the house. He sat the ball on the counter as started to make himself some food, before long he was sitting and eating a bit of dinner when he noticed a small black mouse on the counter heading for the red ball. Wanting the mouse out of his house Yeager quickly stood from his seat and went after the mouse, the mouse however seemed to only want to get the red ball. Yeager grabbed a kitchen knife and tried to kill the mouse, unfortunately the mouse was quite fast and was able to evade its attacker. Yeager smacked the ball which started rolling across the counter away from he mouse, as the mouse chased the ball Yeager had an idea. He used his void magic to open a small portal just in front of the ball, as the ball went into the void the mouse was not far behind and the portal was closed.
x

Secret :
This thread is meet to be used for the Black Mouse weekend Challenge.

Word Count - 856
Last edited by Yeager Blackwolf on July 30th, 2018, 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeager Blackwolf
Player

Words: 11285
Joined roleplay: July 23rd, 2018, 11:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Yeager Blackwolf on July 30th, 2018, 3:59 am

5th, Summer, 518 AV
Yeager awoke the next day feeling good about his plans, he plans to head back to the library and do some studying of a few topics. On his way to the library he decided that he would swing by the Azure Market he wanted to look around and see if anything had caught his eye, while he was looking a he found a stand selling some tools for different trades. Yeager went ahead and pick up a simple carving knife, this way he could practice some hands on sculpting if he had a little time. After getting the tool he went to the library and pulled the small paper from his pocket, he looked the list of locations over closely before he headed off into the library. The first stop he decided to make was wilderness survival, he decided that he would most definitely need this skill if he was going to venture into the wilds at any point. Most of the books had warnings about things that could happen or things that happen regularly, there were quite a few books which had information on different types of monster.

Yeager picked a couple books out hen took them to find a place to sit, he found an empty table and took a seat taking his backpack and sitting it next to the chair. Yeager reaches into his bag and pulled his sturdy traveling notebook out, he open the wood case and pulled open the compartment where the writing supplies were. After setting up the quill and vial of ink he opened the first book, “Wilderness Survival: How to Make Camp” Yeager wrote the books name across the top of the page in the notebook. This book had a lot of useful info in it about recommended equipment as well as pros and cons of setting camp up in different places, the book also had info on how to secure your campsite, the info suggested that magic be used in combination with setting traps. Yeager jotted down notes as he read through the book, there was a lot of good info in the book for him to make notes about though to truly grasp most of the info he would need to try it out in the wilderness. As he sat reading and taking notes his concentration was broken when he felt something pump into his foot, he put his quill down and looked under the table to find a small red ball like those that children play with. Yeager put the ball in his bag so he could return it if he found the owner, he then went back to reading and taking notes until the day was almost over.

Yeager packed up his notebook and writing supplies putting them back in his bag, then he picked the books up and took them back to there homes on the shelves before heading home for the night. Once he got to his house he decide to have dinner so he went and made himself something to eat, after his meal he decided to pull out his notebook and look over some of his notes. As he pulled the hard cased notebook out of his backpack the red ball he had picked up fell out and rolled across the floor, Yeager didn’t notice and went to looking over his notes until he heard the sound of little feet. Looking around to investigate he saw the red ball roll then a black mouse quickly after it, at that moment Yeager remembered the night before and was caught off guard. “Didn’t I already send you to the void” Yeager spoke in a discontent tone as he stood up, he grabbed his sword and drew it from its scabbard as he headed for the mouse. The mouse was to quick catch but if he could use the extra reach of the sword to control the ball, he smacked the ball using the sword knocking it into a corner then he waited. Not but a moment later the mouse was in the corner after the ball, “I don’t know why you love that ball but you are dead for sure now” Yeager struck the mouse in the corner cutting it in half. He opened a portal using void magic once again and again tossed the ball in as well as both halves of the mouse, he then put his sword away and went back to looking his notes overs before calling it a night.
x

Secret :
Word Count - 748
Last edited by Yeager Blackwolf on July 30th, 2018, 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeager Blackwolf
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Yeager Blackwolf on July 30th, 2018, 3:59 am

8th, Summer, 518 AV
Yeager had not been back to the library in a few days, he decided that he would go check out some info about sculpting since he has order some wood the day before. This would give him some use for the carving knife he bought at the market the other day, and so with his items back in his backpack he set out for the library for another day of studying and note taking. He greeted Silvya as he entered and went right for the books about sculpting, he found a seat and open up the book “Sculptor: Sculpting for the First Time” then he pulled out his notebook and started taking notes as he went through the book. There were many different techniques and style listed in the book and while he took down info on a couple, he was only planning to focus on the basics technique using a knife to shape the materials. He didn’t spend as long at the library as he normal did since he had to return to the house since he had a order of wood coming, so he packed up his notebook and returned the book to its home on the bookshelf before heading off for the house. He arrived at the house just shortly before the load of wood arrived, the delivery man dropped the wood at the edge of the yard and left.

Yeager spent the next half hour moving the wood and piling it up next to the porch, after he was done with that he headed into the house and showered up. After his shower he pulled his notebook from his backpack and took it out onto the porch along with a chair and his carving knife, he placed the chair down and opened his notebook leaning it against the house then he walked over to the wood pile and grabbed a piece of wood. He took his piece of wood and sat on in the chair sitting the log on the porch, he then used his carving knife to trim off all the bark though at first he was having trouble trying to get a smooth pass with the knife. After getting more than half the bark of he was starting to get smoother with his knife strokes while cutting the bark away, once all the bark was cut away he started to take notches out of the wood and try to shape it. As he was trying to shape the wood into something that could be called art he happen to catch something moving out of the corner of his eye, he quickly looked only to find a red ball lying on the ground next to the wood pile. “What the…” before he could finish he noticed a black mouse standing on top of the pile of wood, Yeager was not sure what to think, surely there is no way this could be the same mouse since he cut the last mouse he saw in half then sent it into the void. The mouse before that he sent straight to the void, he was not sure what was going on all he knows is that there is something strange going on. “If i leave you be will you go away” he was now talking to a mouse, the mouse squeaked a few times then ran down the wood pile and started rolling the ball out of the yard and away it went. Yeager was so unsure of what was going on that he didn’t even finish the piece of wood he had been cutting on.
x

Secret :
Word Count - 599
Last edited by Yeager Blackwolf on July 30th, 2018, 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeager Blackwolf
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Yeager Blackwolf on July 30th, 2018, 4:02 am

10th, Summer, 518 AV
Yeager took another day off between days from going to the library, but today was one of the days that he is going but today he figured he would ask and see if they had anything on magic that he could look at. He entered the library and greeted Silvya again but today he stopped at the desk “how are you doing today Silvya,” she waved without looking up but after a moment realized that Yeager was standing at her desk still. “What can i do for you” she asked as she continued working, “i was hoping that you could point me to where i could find books on magic” he smiled as he asked the question. She stopped what she was doing and looked at the man before her, “are you a member of one of the towers” Yeager shook his head no. “Well then since your not a member of a tower you would have to send a letter requesting access to there area of the library, those are the only places that you would find any books on magic. Then if they grant you permission you would need to pay the fees and will have access for five days” she then told him about he different towers and what they specialize in, “thank you for the information Silvya i will head over to the tower after i write a letter requesting access” he waved as he walked away from the desk. He found a bench to sit so he could write the letter, once he was finished with the letter he headed off to the tower to submit the request.

Yeager walked into Dawn Tower to meet the receptionist who was sitting at the desk, “hello i was told by Silvya that i needed to bring my request here to submit it” he placed the folded letter on the desk. Artin took the letter and looked at Yeager “i will submit this and they will review it, after a few days you will be able to return and we should have a answer for you by then” Yeager thanks the man and took his leave.

Request Letter :
This letter is for the honorable head of the Dawn Tower, my name is Yeager Blackwolf and I’m hoping to gain access to your wing of the Bharani Library. My hope is to be able to expand my knowledge of magic i am currently able to use void magic, being able to learn this form of magic would allow me to better protect myself. My hope is to be able to learn and study the books on magic that are available, using be these thing I will be better equipped to explore and search out lost or hidden knowledge. Being able to study Glyphing as well as Shielding magic will make survival and returning from such endeavors a easier task, being able to learn these things and survive means being able to share the knowledge that is found with others within the city of Lhavit, thus benefiting the city. I have travel a great distance to make this city my home in the search of knowledge, and so I am here asking that you allow me access to said knowledge. I look forward to a favorable reply, and I thank you for taking the time to review this request

Regards
Yeager Blackwolf
x

Secret :
Word Count - 358
Yeager Blackwolf
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets