OOC Info Autumn 518 AV Character Registry

Register here before playing in Lhavit this autumn!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Autumn 518 AV Character Registry

Postby Luminescence on September 1st, 2018, 6:22 pm

Welcome to Lhavit!

If you're going to be playing in Lhavit this autumn, then don't forget to register here first! If you have any questions, requests, or concerns, then please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM. :D

Name: The name of your PC.
Brief Description: Give me a 2 or 3 sentence description of your character.
Profession: What does your PC do for a living (or want to do)?
Length of Stay: How long is your PC going to be in Lhavit?
Goals: Is there anything you want your PC to achieve or improve upon this season?

Favourite Type of Thread: What do you like threading about most as a writer?
Least Favourite Type of Thread: What do you like threading about least as a writer?
Willing to Guest Moderate?: Yes or no!
Need Moderator Assistance?: Are you going to need my assistance with anything? If yes, please give me an idea of what that is.

Comments: Anything else you want to say.

Code: Select all
[box=500,#000000,#90965d,#ed8a78][b]Name:[/b] The name of your PC.
[b]Brief Description:[/b] Give me a 2 or 3 sentence description of your character.
[b]Profession:[/b] What does your PC do for a living (or want to do)?
[b]Length of Stay:[/b] How long is your PC going to be in Lhavit?
[b]Goals:[/b] Is there anything you want your PC to achieve or improve upon this season?

[b]Favourite Type of Thread:[/b] What do you like threading about most as a writer?
[b]Least Favourite Type of Thread:[/b] What do you like threading about least as a writer?
[b]Willing to Guest Moderate?:[/b] Yes or no!
[b]Need Moderator Assistance?:[/b] Are you going to need my assistance with anything? If yes, please give me an idea of what that is.

[b]Comments:[/b] Anything else you want to say.[/box]
Luminescence
Allow me to light the way

Words: 717627
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)

Postby Allister on September 1st, 2018, 6:32 pm

Name: Allister Useless
Brief Description: Allister is a hyena kelvic who worships his bond mate- literally. He is naive to a great deal of things but compensates by being unabashedly open and forward. His greatest trait is that even he doesn't know how he'll react in any given situation.
Profession: Performer with the Spinning Glimmers
Length of Stay: As long as Madeira stays...
Goals: Learn magics! Do fun things. Annoy people. Hurt someone.

Favourite Type of Thread: The best threads always have a mix of action, suspense, exploration and ze feels.
Least Favourite Type of Thread: Meandering social threads- parties without a purpose
Willing to Guest Moderate?: No thank you.
Need Moderator Assistance?: Learning magics, getting a job.. not dying.

Comments: I'm really looking forward to this season and the immediate future of my PC in Lhavit.
Pain without love is meaningless
Love without pain is selfish
Allister
The Answer to Boredom

Words: 243321
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2017, 2:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Loken on September 1st, 2018, 6:40 pm

Name: Loken

Brief Description: An Ano Cultist who's become a Shinya Initiate. He's a man wishes to keep both the mental and physical aspects of his life in balance as efficiently as possible.

Profession: Investigator/Researcher for the Star Gazing Gazette.

Length of Stay: Permanent.

Goals: In the short term: Learn the art of Projection and become competent at meditation. In the long term: become a full fledged Shinya.

Favourite Type of Thread: I tend to favor noir-type investigation and espionage threads with Loken. A good mystery can lead to action and drama.

Least Favourite Type of Thread: Threads that lead to nothing substantial plotwise.

Willing to Guest Moderate?: Not at the moment.

Need Moderator Assistance?: None at the moment.

Comments: Send a PM my way if you want to thread.
Loken
Balancing life on the edge of a blade

Words: 151876
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2013, 9:12 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Zach Grasswind on September 1st, 2018, 6:48 pm

Name: Zach Grasswind
Brief Description: Zach is a Drykas who has come to Lhavit to forget about the traumatic loss of his Strider. Everything is completely alien to him and he is feeling a bit lost and alone.
Profession: He is a hunter for the Jugged Hare.
Length of Stay: Indefinitely.
Goals: I'd like to get his hunting, shortbow and tracking up for skills. Other goals include meeting people and making genuine connections, and also trying to make Lhavit feel more like home.

Favourite Type of Thread: I am open to anything, but I am particularly itching to get Zach on some adventures this season, and to also have him partake in city events.
Least Favourite Type of Thread: I haven't had a thread I've not enjoyed yet! But I do like everything to have a point.
Willing to Guest Moderate?: No.
Need Moderator Assistance?: Yes - already discussed.

Comments: Chuck me a message if you'd like to thread! I am sure there will be fun things to collaborate on!
Zach Grasswind
What’s a tree?

Words: 193110
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2018, 12:56 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Madeira Dusk on September 1st, 2018, 7:45 pm

Name: Madeira Craven
Brief Description: A stressed, angry, pregnant young woman sent away from her home to be used as a pawn for an alliance between the Craven family in Alvadas and Dusk family in Lhavit. She's arriving with her bondmate, two ghosts, and an enormous chip on her shoulder.
Profession: Spiritism teacher at the Dusk tower
Length of Stay: Probably permanent
Goals:
  • Get her and her people organized
  • Do job threads
  • Get acquainted with everyone
  • Develop at least two meaningful relationships (friends and enemies)
  • Set groundwork for larger plot goals
  • Raise some hell

Favourite Type of Thread: The type where the characters want something out their interaction with another PC. Where the character (not just the player) has a goal. Even if the goal is just to point out another character has lettuce in their teeth.
Least Favourite Type of Thread: The one that relies on contrivance and out of place curiosity to move forward.
Willing to Guest Moderate?: I'll give it a shot!
Need Moderator Assistance?: Only to get her house approved

Comments: Fresh out of purgatory! Bring it! >:)
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Mauriel on September 1st, 2018, 9:33 pm

Mauriel's Registration

Name: Mauriel
Brief Description: Mauriel is an insecure Ethaefal bard who fell near Lhavit last season. She has a burning desire to fulfill the dream of her past lives, which is to ensure stories from all sorts of different cultures are heard and learned from throughout Mizahar. She's fiercely devoted to Leth and believes he cast her out to give her another chance at what her soul yearns for.
Profession: Bard at Scholar's Demise
Length of Stay: Probably until Summer or Fall 519AV, but who knows
Goals: I want her to enroll in Alluvion Academy for anthropology, improve her bard-related skills, learn some cooking and local cooking recipes, and possibly learn some skills that would help wilderness survival and/or navigation, as she'll have to travel eventually. I also hope to start some meaningful PC interactions. She'll probably examine the artifact too, so I also hope to deal with her insanity. :"D

Favourite Type of Thread: I said character developing last season. I suppose I still stand by that. Although I'm not sure how will experience further shape that opinion.
Least Favourite Type of Thread: A solo skill grinding thread which I haven't put much effort in to make it creative, but still do because I want dem gains.
Willing to Guest Moderate?: Nope.
Need Moderator Assistance?: Nope.

Comments: I'm wrapping up some Summer threads and have exams irl in September, so if anybody wants to thread I'll be more available starting October. And my activity on Discord isn't an indication of my lack of things to do, but of lack of willpower to do them. :P From October forwards, feel free to PM me or chat me up on Discord with any thread ideas, I love meeting new people anyhow, and if you have a good plot idea it's just a bonus.

Mauriel
Shining On

Words: 167162
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2014, 12:45 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Martini Elwood on September 1st, 2018, 11:33 pm

Name: Martini Belrose Elwood
Brief Description: A young artist running from the past - and her problems - preventing herself from facing the future because of it.
Profession: Martini's an Artist.
Length of Stay: Permanent for now.
Goals: * Get her business up and running
* Having a positive/negative experience with magic - PC preferred.
* Draw a portrait or kiss someone depending on their response - PC

Favourite Type of Thread: Hmm... I really like action and angst - but I roll with anything I'm given!
Least Favourite Type of Thread: Social threads with no focus or meaning.
Willing to Guest Moderate?: Not at this time
Need Moderator Assistance?: Possibly with Martini's business - but that's all that comes to mind for now. c:

Comments: Please don't hesitate to pm me for threads! I'd love to talk plot with you~
3/3 Threads
If you are grading a thread I participated in I'd love feedback or improvement notes on the writing itself <3
Martini Elwood
Painting away Anguish

Words: 133955
Joined roleplay: June 16th, 2017, 2:19 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Zeva on September 2nd, 2018, 1:45 am

Name: Zeva
Brief Description: Plucky Kelvic Avikki Gull who likes getting her hands on pretty things (and food).
Profession: Bartender at the Obsidian Club (or, at least until Charlie gives her the boot)
Length of Stay: As long as it continues to hold her interest
Goals: Finish threads Build skills and relationships within the city. Find her a niche if possible.

Favourite Type of Thread: Things that make sense for all those involved and hold a good number of twists and turns. Nothing makes me happier when things happen that I didn't expect, makes me have to really use the ol' grey matter.
Least Favourite Type of Thread: Things that feel forced.
Willing to Guest Moderate?: Potentially? Once life calms down?
Need Moderator Assistance?: I think I'm good <3

Comments: Excited to keep enjoying this lovely city!
Zeva
mild annoyance

Words: 47531
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 6:36 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Lua Petri on September 2nd, 2018, 2:14 am

Name: Lua Petri
Brief Description: Bold and confident, she likes to make friends and friendly rivalries.
Profession: Waitress at The Sunrise Nook, but near the end of the season will become a groundskeeper for Madeira Craven.
Length of Stay: Indefinitely
Goals: Gadgeteering, Unarmed Combat

Favourite Type of Thread: Socialization - it's vague because I like all sorts of socialization with chemistry between pcs!
Least Favourite Type of Thread: Threads that drag on ic because the characters end up not interacting well together.
Willing to Guest Moderate?: No
Need Moderator Assistance?: No

Comments: Lua is social so just pm if you want to thread!
Lua Petri
Player

Words: 37369
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2018, 8:05 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Var Kiris on September 2nd, 2018, 2:20 am

Name: Var Kiris/Kiris Var.
Brief Description: Switching between melancholy and mischievous, Var and Kiris are half troublemaker and trouble-avoider.
Profession: Var has some writing talent, and is hoping to find gainful employment with the use of this skill.
Length of Stay: Indefinitely
Goals: I'd like Var to indulge in Kiris' curiosity and really explore his new environment. Most important is meeting other PCs- he's been a social pariah in Riverfall for most of his life. This a city where nobody knows him, and he can establish himself in his own right without preconceptions from others.

Favourite Type of Thread: I like writing things that entertain everyone else as much as they entertain me. Although it's important to have goals, I like a less structured approach to posting, with less focus on a character's progression or skills (unless in a skill or job thread) and more on relationships and dialogue. This is why I don't like writing histories; I want to show who my character is and where they came from mostly in thread and have it revealed piece by piece, like an opening flower.
Least Favourite Type of Thread: I hate writing alone. Other people inspire me, throw me curveballs that I don't see coming and challenge me and my character in unexpected ways- and I like doing it to them, too!
Willing to Guest Moderate?: If I had any idea what I was doing, yes. Since I don't, no xD
Need Moderator Assistance?: Probably a lot, but I'll send my questions privately when they arise.

Comments: Bring it on!
Var Kiris
Player

Words: 17172
Joined roleplay: August 26th, 2018, 2:10 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next