Open (Not so) Quiet reflections

Nemore takes a moment to reflect on his past and his possible future

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

(Not so) Quiet reflections

Postby Nemore on January 15th, 2019, 3:11 pm

18th of Winter 518AV

Nemore sat amidst a herd of Okomo, conversing with them in brays and bleats. Quiet days among nature always helped him feel at peace. The gentle breeze whistling through the grass. The softness of the Okomo's coats felt pleasant against his skin. As much as he loved the society and the people, they overwhelmed him at times and he needed to get away to the beauty of the wilds. He would talk to the Okomo about his worries and, although they couldn't really give him a helpfull response, he appreciated their support. The young Kelvic looked over at the many buildings and temples of Lhavit. A lot had happened these last couple of years. Being dragged around from city to city then being freed and taken in, learning art and magic and for the first time love without pain.

And yet, the wheel of fate turns once again. No father, no bondmate. All alone. Lhavit, once a place of such wonder, now felt almost like a tomb. Sealing him away with all the horrors of his past rushing back to join him. One of the Okomo seemed to be able to sense his troubled thoughts and started chewing on his shirt in an attempt to distract him.

"No" Nemore whispered to himself in his sweet little voice. "Shouldn't let myself get dragged down by such dark thoughts." He stood and streched his arms above his head. "It's a beautifull day and I had better make the most of it." He turned to look at the main part of the city. The gleaming spires twinkling in the sunlight. His father had often said that living in Lhavit was like living amongst the stars themselves. "Father" he said once again, only now having come to accept the situation he was in. Without the support of his father, he needed money and he hoped to be able to make it through his passion for music and dance. He looked down at the panflutes his father had given him. The gift that had defined his free life. "I promise you father, I'll be all right and I'll make you proud"

It was only then that he noticed the chewed hole in his shirt and the loose strands sticking out of the responsible party's mouth. "Oh come on Thalyar! This is my only one, why don't you just chew the grass like the others?"
Thalyar just bleated impertinately and marched off, his friends following after. Nemore sighed "Such an easy life, those things", ignoring the small group of onlookers that would sometimes watch and whisper about him. The wild boy they called him or sometimes goat face (due to his deer like eyes) if they were particularly nasty. But Nemore was used to such things, he had faced far worse at the hands of the masters and he was taught to only give love in response.

"Hello everyone" he waved, "You're all looking lovely today". The onlookers departed with muttered responses, all except one who stayed, eyes transfixed on the young Kelvic....
Nemore
Player

Words: 3158
Joined roleplay: December 17th, 2018, 3:26 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets