Are the suvan like stereotypical pirates

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Postby Zerarh on March 9th, 2019, 8:19 pm

I am currently making a Suvan character and am unsure weather they are like pirates or seafaring robin hoods, Do they have crews of swashbucklers or just small teams to man their ships?
Formally Zerarh
Zerarh
Player

Words: 918
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2019, 5:45 pm
Race: Human, Svefra

Postby Gossamer on March 9th, 2019, 8:25 pm

So if traditional gypsies and traditional pirates had babies... that's what the Svefra would be. If you can read the Svefra article, then you will get a better idea of what they are like. They have units or pods that they travel around in, but they will gather in larger groups when necessary or to trade.

Gossamer

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideRiverfallSyka
Special ProjectsSykafall Coordination

Mon Weds Fri: Mod Posts Tues Thurs Sat: PC Posts Sun: Quest Posts
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 5453875
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Thread (1) Lore Master (1)
Artist (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Hyperposter (1)
One Million Words! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
Power Fork (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Itt on March 9th, 2019, 11:53 pm

From my understanding of the Svefra, I get the sense that they aren't necessarily full-blown pirates, where they are always looking to loot and such. They seem more opportunistic in that if they see an opportunity they will steal, but they aren't scouring the sea to pillage and raid every vessel they come across. And they aren't robin hoods so much either as they are territorial. They don't like others trying to steal their thunder so if they see other people pirating then you're done for. They're the kind of people that will help you out with a ride for a price, and then throughout the trip proceed to steal your stuff. But at least they let you ride with them.

I hope that makes sense and hopefully that's not too far off. Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong. That just seems to be what I gleaned from the lore.

Like Goss said, giving the lore a read or two it might help you formulate a better impression yourself, and perhaps one that is more accurate than what I described.
Itt
Sleepy Head

Words: 118483
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2012, 3:03 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Artist (1)