We sincerely hope you enjoy playing Mizahar and being a part of our community. This is why we created the site, to reach out to fellow role playing enthusiasts and carve a niche on the Internet to write great stories with great people. We want to make Mizahar bigger and better, and there are a lot of ways you can help. Little actions can make a huge
difference in the long run! This is how you can give back to the community.
- Write with people! This may sound obvious, but it's really the single most helpful thing you can do. Sometimes new players slip into the cracks because people won't write with them. Enlarge your circle. Join people's threads. Weave them into your stories. Make them enjoy the game as much as you do. Don't be afraid of them bailing out on you; while this may happen, they may also surprise you and become the next Character of the Month!
- Join the staff. Have you been here two months and possess a good grasp of fairness, rules and game mechanics? Please consider applying for Assistant Storyteller. We are always looking for more staff = more entertained players = more fun for everyone. Check out the application here and post it in the Help Desk.
- Develop the lore. Have you noticed that a lot of articles on the skill list are stubs? If you're looking into doing development, that's our top priority at the moment. Contact us in the Help Desk to get the ball rolling.
Mizahar is free for everyone, but it still costs money to operate. This is why we accept donations on our PayPal account
for those who can contribute. There will never be premium features for users who donate, but donations of $5 or more will earn you the Donor medal. For maximum transparency, you can browse the list of past donations, as well. Donations are entirely invested on the game, to pay for:
- Server expenses. Mizahar currently runs on a virtual dedicated server that costs about $30/month. If donations do not meet this goal, the Founders pay the server out of their own pocket.
- Advertising. Yes, we do some paid advertising on the net from time to time, and it's worked for us before. Think of it as a donation becoming new players.
- Word of mouth. The most effective form of advertisement in the world. You don't need to ask for permission to bring friends to the game (as long as they can respect the rules!) Recruiting players is a fast way to get the Advocate medal, too.
- Links. In this age, links are gold. Any link to our site you can place on a reputable site in a legitimate way is a huge help. Do you have a blog? You could put a link to the homepage on your blogroll. Are you active on a forum? A signature link helps, too. Do you run an e-zine or some other kind of site? That's link material, especially if the topic is relevant.
- Join our Facebook page if you haven't already.
- Use the FB Like button. It's found below all threads. Liking a thread you enjoy helps a lot. It helps even more if you add a comment afterwards, as it also counts as a 'share'.