OOC Info The Founder's Announcements

Please read these threads for informative posts about the game.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Ravok’s home for OOC Chatter, Development and Discussions.

The Founder's Announcements

Postby Gossamer on December 24th, 2017, 4:34 pm

"Let's Talk About Sex Baby...
Lets Talk About You and Me..."

Just to clarify...since there was a conversation in chat about it quite recently... the activities of sexual relations, kissing, flirting, groping, and yes even doing that thing that results in hairy palms all falls under one skill:

SEDUCTION

... even if it was just with a chicken. Yea he's back so I have to mention it without mentioning names....

Please adjust accordingly. If you received kissing, seduction, lovemaking, etc all in the same thread, its overlapping points. Just take seduction and throw the rest out. If you got kissing in separate threads from say seduction or flirting.... add all the points together under Seduction. Thanks!
Gossamer

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideRiverfallSyka
Special ProjectsSykafall Coordination

Mon Weds Fri: Mod Posts Tues Thurs Sat: PC Posts Sun: Quest Posts
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 5324445
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Gossamer on December 24th, 2017, 5:21 pm

More Skill Confusion!

Skinning, Tanning, etc all falls under Leatherworking. Any butchering and carving up of meat or fish such as cutting out fillets of salmon falls under cooking!

React appropriately!
Gossamer

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Gossamer on December 31st, 2017, 5:04 pm

Listing Skills On Your CS!

After much confusion and PCs randomly dividing their skills into odd categories that make no sense, I've actually had enough of it. The other day I saw socialization in a tab under Mental instead of Social. Trying to search around your CS skill list to find something makes it harder than hell for graders. From now on out we are requiring 'Common Sense' and neatness. We are changing things and making it a requirement.

From here on out, please take a moment and just LIST YOUR SKILLS in alphabetical order. If you want to break them up, that's fine, but do it according to Level. All tabs should only list NOVICE, COMPETENT, EXPERT, and MASTER. If you don't have them in one big list in alphabetical order, which is still perfectly okay, and you tab them or otherwise divide them... Please note this is now required.

Again, if you have them tabbed, take off all the Mental, Social, Physical, Arcane Etc stuff (because you guys place them in random categories anyhow) and put them all under NOVICE, COMPETENT, EXPERT and MASTER. Then list them in alphabetical order under those tabs. If this is not done, your threads are not going to be eligible to grade!

I've listed this fact in the Grading Guide, the Starting Guide, and on the Skill List.

Please and Thank You!

Gossamer
Gossamer

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Gossamer on January 8th, 2018, 6:36 am

Multiple Characters On Mizahar

Several of you are in direct violation of our Multiple Character Policy. That policy states you can only have 5 active PCs at once. I just saw someone that has seven and counting. I will give everyone until tomorrow night around this time to turn in their alts to retire that put them over the 5 limit before I start cracking down.

If you know the policy well and just don't care, you'll get booted off Mizahar for good. If you are a suspected newbie that just didn't read the rules I will restrict you to one single PC for an entire year and enforce you keeping just that one.

Please retire your PCs via the HD. If you do not, they still read as active to us and we will count them as active. You have 24 hrs to get your shit straight. I'm tired of dealing with this. Just follow the rules. The rules are easy and reasonable.

Goss
Gossamer

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Gossamer on January 11th, 2018, 1:26 am

I'm Super Disappointed...

I have retired a TON of characters in the last few days. Most of you asked me to retire alts that had simply put a tiny amount of posts on them. The rules state you can only retire alts that have 50 posts or more... meaning you've given them a true go and really tried to play them and make them work before you've created a new alt. Nope... that's not what happened. Most of you claimed a bunch of singular or dozen digit alts and asked them to be retired... or hid behind newbie status when you've been here a long time and have been chronically making new characters.

So I retired them all. Every one I could find. I'm done with this abuse of the rules. The rules are simple. You can have up to 5 accounts. Anything over you must retire something. Before you retire something, it must have 50 posts meaning you've really tried to make it work. How can this be too hard to do? How can you NOT follow this? Forgetting about an alt isn't an option. Leaving and coming back and having no idea who your alts are isn't an option either. We can always look it up.

Now I didn't get everyone, but from here on out if I find alt abuse, I'll do what I did this time and just retire EVERY one of your PCs. That means you have to start new... or talk to me about getting ONE unretired to play for a year without creating alts.

A ton of alts leads to a huge amount of problems. You slow post. You get behind on your alts. You take up ST time getting set up in a whole bunch of places you won't pay attention to anyhow. I want to avoid this. I want people active on their pcs and attentive. I want ST time taken up by people that will actually play the alts and be active.

Stop this vicious cycle.

Goss
Gossamer

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Gossamer on July 22nd, 2018, 12:57 am

New CS Approvals
AKA GREEN CHECKS

Don't wait for a green check from a Character Sheet Liaison or Storyteller then completely gut and rework your character without a re-check. People have been doing this lately and its ridiculously offensive. Why make a CSL waste all that time helping you get a CS straight if you just go and completely change it the second a green check is issued.

This has been happening repeatedly and it needs to stop. Please just stop doing it. I will be doing something to prevent this if it doesn't stop all on its own.
Gossamer

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Gossamer on August 6th, 2018, 3:36 pm

Overgiving & Magic Abuse

It stops now.

Magic has been rampantly abused recently on Mizahar. This needs to stop. You cant push through signs of overgiving...collapsing dramatically in thread, rping being tired, etc. While still casting, breathing, etc. Gillar is working on a definitive guide to overgiving but until that's completed I'm putting my foot down. All you drama llamas out there beware. I have a random roll chart I will use and assign effects from up to and including death. These arent going to be little ten day effects. They may well be permanent. So if you want epilepsy, strokes, heart attacks, blindness, loss of all magic etc etc etc just keep abusing our magic system.

The STs have been informed and are on board. Remember, if you overgive accidentally that is fine if its occasionally. But if you are a chronic abuser who beats their character to shit magically in thread but claims its okay because you'll just say the PC was bedridden for days afterwards ... this random roll chart is definitely a part of your future. I've tried to be nice. I've given gentle reminders.

Goss
Gossamer

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Gossamer on September 6th, 2018, 1:45 am

HI Miz...

I say this until I'm blue in the face and I'm getting tired of seeing HUGE signatures and oversized box codes. If you can't size them correctly, you shouldn't be using them.

At least twice a year I post in this thread (and the old one -it has more than 14 posts about oversized post templates) about size rules and people getting out of hand with gigantic ones. Today I saw a signature that was 500 px high. Really?!?!?!

I'm done with the warnings. If I see huge box codes or signatures OVER the allowed limit... you will loose your signature and box code privileges. Know the rules here. They are simple. You have been warned so many times its not funny.

Goss

Gossamer wrote:

Templates & Box Codes

Post Templates and Signatures are getting out of hand. They are required to be specific sizes and they are getting outrageously huge again. Please tone down your templates so they match the required size or your posts will be intervened upon until you do so. If your signature is bigger than the required size it will be deleted and you will loose signature privileges.

For Post Templates and Box Codes:

Box Codes are what are referred to any sort of aesthetic that surrounds a post on Mizahar's forums. These can include any frames, images, style code, etc. Box codes need to be tasteful, fall within the rules of our site, and most importantly stick to the theme. Please keep the colors and text legible. Try to avoid overly bright neons and overly scrolly cursive font as these are considered 'eyebleeders'. Because we ask that all aesthetics be in theme, that means all box code images cannot show any modern attire (tuxedos, baseball hats, sports gear, printed logos) or technology (cell phones, ear buds, etc). Box codes cannot depict superhero or other modern day cultural images (ie. Batman, Spongebob, My Little Pony). And in recent times, box code headers and footers have been getting bigger and bigger to the point they take away from the writing and overall aesthetics of the site. For this reason, we have placed a size limit on box codes. They can be no more than 700 pixels wide and 500 pixels tall for one image. If the image is broken into two parts, such as a top portion and a bottom portion, please significantly cut down both these sizes. A player's writing should make their post stand out, not their distractingly large graphics.

Storytellers have no limits on their codes but are encouraged to maintain the theme. Please see the Signature page for more information about signatures.

and for Signatures:
Signatures in Mizahar are small notations which can include banners that are present at the bottom of each user's post both in In Character and Out of Character posts. Signatures often depict something of the user's character. They might include the character's name, image, or even a quotation or saying. Signatures can include links which often lead to helpful pages on the website or a character's Character Sheet. Signatures are not required. However, if they include a banner, those banners must be no larger than 600 pixels wide and 150 pixels tall. Signatures must follow the Rules and Terms of Use and cannot include profanity or nudity. If your signature does not conform to the guidelines in this wiki page, then you will be asked to make corrections. If corrections are not made, signatures will be removed. Please keep moving gifs and other animations off Mizahar. They are considered very annoying by most of the pbase.

Thanks for understanding!

Goss
Gossamer

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Gossamer on September 6th, 2018, 3:51 am

Seasonal Expenses

All PCs need to pay Seasonal Expenses with the only exception being SLAVES which have to have their seasonal expenses paid by their owners. We don't track this if they are NPC owners, but PC owners need to pay Seasonal Expenses for Slaves each and every time and track it in their ledgers.

If you have a job with someone that's agreeing to pay your seasonal expenses, they need to show these paid on their ledger or you need thread evidence where they have given you the money to live on. Otherwise, you are responsible. Please don't dodge this aspect of the game. This is designed to keep you active and threading and not coasting along barely present or barely posting.

There is no way to waive seasonal expenses. If you are living with someone you can avoid paying RENT if you aren't charged rent by the person you are living with and their space has room. You can also avoid paying rent if you are in a domain that allows tent camping and you have the equipment to tent camp.

Otherwise, all PCs need to pay seasonal expenses.

No exceptions except via Help Desk Permission.

Goss
Gossamer

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Gossamer on September 10th, 2018, 8:39 pm

Chat Rules

Please note we've moved from the old ajax chat to :Discord Chat

The Mizahar Chat Feature exists for the sole purpose of supporting of Mizahar as a writer’s roleplaying game. Chat provides a safe family friendly place for real time question and answer or planning sessions between both players and moderators, players and players, and to add an instant additional ‘help’ feature to the game that is very important. New players can drop into chat, get to know some of the existing players and ask for advice or help in getting started.

Like all chats, there is no set subject matter or topic. The discussion can flow randomly between one subject to the next or have multiple conversations going on in a singular moment. Chat is open to just about any Mizahar-related topic or interest, including writing in and of itself. However, there is a need for a code of conduct within chat that includes rules and clearly outlines penalties for ignoring those rules. All Mizahar players are invited to join chat and actively participate within its boundaries. The following are the chat specific rules for the game:

• Ignorance of the Chat Rules is no excuse for not following them.
  • All Rules and Terms of Use within Mizahar’s community will be followed.
  • This is the condition one agrees to in order to receive an account here and being given permission to playing within our environment. These rules shall be firmly enforced to provide a safe and positive environment both within the game and within chat itself.
  • Respect your fellow chatters. This means no excessive vulgarity, disparaging remarks, arguments, or insults. We have a very low tolerance of this and you will be warned instantly if this is witnessed by an admin.
  • Excessive emoting or use of /me to preform 'chat actions' is not allowed because it creates unnecessary and annoying spam that might interfere with questions being read/answered or on topic discussions continuing.
  • Please use English in chat as it is the required language of Mizahar. This also includes avoiding the use of L33T speak or other internet/texting slang.
  • All people who state they are 'bored' will be instantly excused from chat to go write.
  • Ostentatious, arrogant, or know-it-all players in chat that hijack conversations to speak about themselves, their knowledge, or the greatness of their PCS shall be instantly excused from chat.
  • Avoid flames, flooding, trolling, and sensitive topics as outlined by the Terms of Use.
  • The use of cryptic or innuendo-type language to 'skirt' chat rules is not allowed.
  • All chatters will be treated equally regardless of their status as a moderator or player, length of duration on Mizahar, or knowledge level.
  • Feel free to report chat abuses that occur when an Admin is not present. Do so by submitting a log to the help desk including a time and date on the report. Your report will remain anonymous and can be verified by reviewing the chat logs.
  • All Administrators (denoted by red or green usernames) shall be acknowledged respectfully when they ask for a change in behavior. If an admin asks for a behavior change, they will expect these changes to happen immediately.
  • Avoid all use of colored text or moving avatars. Not everyone uses the same chat "Style" and while something might be visible for you it could be blinding for another chatter.

Noncompliance to Chat Rules

We expect all chat rules to be followed. If they are not, there are consequences.

• Upon first incident, a chat user will be verbally warned and the rules explained.
  • Upon second incident, a chat user will be kicked from chat for the duration of a week.
  • Upon third incident, a chat user will be permanently uninvited from chat.
  • Upon an additional appearance within chat after an uninvited has been issued, the player will be uninvited from the site.
  • If an incident is serious enough, a chat user might be issued an immediate uninvite without warning.

The Admins are keeping track of who has been warned where and why, and any interactions of kicking users from chat. If behavior shows a trend towards negative interactions, an uninvite to chat may be issued immediately.
Gossamer

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook