Flashback threads, closed cities and the Ano Cult

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Postby Lilian on January 18th, 2018, 9:08 pm

Hi there!

So I want my character to be part of (or formerly part of) the Ano Cult. As far as I can see the only place that existed is in Ahnatep, which is closed. My understanding is that it's not possible to do flashback threads in closed cities, which would make it kind of inconvenient for me to have my character's entire childhood and adolescence there. So I was wondering if it would be okay to just stick a mini group of cultists in another (open) city and have her grow up there instead, where the same initiation process would happen, just unofficially and on a much smaller scale. If so, are there any cities that would definitely/definitely not work in? Thanks! :)
Lilian
Player

Words: 6358
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2018, 9:25 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on January 19th, 2018, 3:19 am

Hi there.

The Founder that wrote the Ano Cult is no longer active on the site and didn't leave us very much information about them. We wouldn't want to inconvenience you, truly, but Ahnatep would be the only place they'd be and that city is not going to actually ever exist once we get done rewriting Eyktol which is on the agenda for down the line. Yes, we don't let you do flashbacks in closed cities, nor do we let you stick mini groups of cultists in another city just so you would have access to them.

You might be able to find an ST that would be interested in starting a cult. I know I am not in any of my domains because there is very little call for it other than an occasional PC that wants to write them into their stories mostly for the factor of having Severing.

I can't off the top of my head think of any city that would fit an Ano Cult. However, asking around you might find - as I've said - an ST that would be interested in running a plot for you to start one.

Goss

Gossamer

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideRiverfallSyka
Special ProjectsSykafall Coordination

Mon Weds Fri: Mod Posts Tues Thurs Sat: PC Posts Sun: Quest Posts
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 5315980
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Lilian on January 19th, 2018, 8:22 pm

Alright, yeah. That makes sense. Thanks very much for the reply.
Lilian
Player

Words: 6358
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2018, 9:25 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Plotnotes