Closed [The Midnight Gem] Pillow Talk

Fall 518 Communications Between Kynier And Kelski.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Regime

[The Midnight Gem] Pillow Talk

Postby Kelski on September 3rd, 2018, 2:48 am

Timestamp: 1st of Fall, 518 A.V.

It was late in the night. Kynier had been asleep for a long while on his back, Kelski sprawled across his chest, her breathing even. But as the bells crept by something woke him. It was a feeling of being watched. Sometimes she did that, silently waking up in the middle of the night. Kelski would just watch him sleep as if memorizing the lines of his face or the way he looked utterly relaxed and at peace with himself.

When she noticed he was awake, she didn't offer him a smile, but instead just simply took a deep breath and started speaking. "Yesterday I killed a man in the street." She said softly, watching Kynier and his reaction. "He had overloaded a horse cart with firewood about twice to what the cart should hall and it collapsed. He was so enraged he started beating his horse with a whip as if it were the horse's fault. I tried to stop him. He started beating me. So I killed him. I took his horse. It was starving. Anja saw it helped me with the horse. It's outside now in the yard. I'm going to keep it. Anja said he'd help me care for it so it will live. It... was very hungry. The man never fed it." She said softly, reaching out and tracing the line of his shoulder.

"I'm not sorry." Kelski whispered finally, her eyes almost challenging Kynier to deny her lack of remorse. "You are the only human I know for sure isn't a monster. The rest... almost all I have met, have something rotten inside." Kelski said softly, and seemed to take comfort in the thought... as if she were reassuring herself.

Her eyelids grew heavy and she tilted her head to the side, nuzzling his chest before she settled back into sleep as if that weighted thought was the only one keeping her from Nysel's arms.

Lore: Kelski killed a hostler who beat her.
Lore: Kelski stole a horse.
Lore: Kelski thinks humans are monsters.
They laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.
Kelski
Feral at heart.

Words: 1140566
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 11:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Million Words! (1) Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Kynier on September 3rd, 2018, 3:22 am

Warm blood flowed over his hands as the heavier blonde man looked up at him. “Aidren?” Kynier asked. The man’s brown eyes were full of shock as he touched Kynier’s face to smear his life essence across the cheek. “Why?” the man asked him before looking down at the cold iron blade protruding from just below his ribs. The dead man drew it out without even flinching in pain. “It was just a simple illusion,” he said in a plea.

Kynier’s eyes opened suddenly. Multiple forms of unnerve ran through his senses and he desired to sit up, but felt a weight on his chest. Kelski was looking up at him with a sort of melancholy expression. Kynier shifted his head to look more directly at her. When she said she killed a man, his only reaction was to bring his hand around and cup her lower back. There it caressed her skin using the pads of the fingers one way then the fingertips in the other. He couldn’t judge and it wasn’t his place to do so. While he could claim to have killed several men in self-preservation, not all of them had been. It was no surprise to him that she decided to keep the horse.

Silver eyes dared him to speak and deny her words. He believed her though. And for some reason the thought still bothered her. “You’re nature is to nurture, my Feather.” Then, once again, she placed him on a pedestal. That he was above the rest of his race of monsters. At that his hand stopped. Kynier reflected on those words to weigh their truth. Wasn’t he a monster? More lives had been ruined or ended than saved by his hand. And it would be a long time before the scales would begin to tip in the other direction. Even if he wasn’t in Sunberth, he felt that was the type of life he faced.

When her eyes closed he rested his head and stared at the ceiling. Mentally he whispered a prayer to Akajia as his eyes began to water. Please, Mistress, don’t ever let her see the truth about me. For he was a monster. He had once killed a man he wanted to save. Pinned by her weight, and not wanting to disturb the rest she finally found, Kynier lay there. Struggling to be silent. Struggling to hide the tears of remorse.

Boxcode credit goes to Gossamer!
Sometimes the only way to win is by relinquishing a superior position.

Character Sheet
Sunberth Map
Midnight Gem Floor Plan
Kynier
Delves in Darkness

Words: 938500
Joined roleplay: May 13th, 2018, 3:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2018 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Kynier on November 9th, 2018, 5:10 am

66th of Fall

Music echoed softly from the master suite carrying a sense of calm to all that managed to hear it. The notes themselves were strung together well as though the instrument wielder had undergone years of practice. Kynier had not had years, nor even seasons, of practice with the oboe. Yet the music he played had the quality. The melody was slow, low for the soprano based insturment, and thoughtful. As strange as it was to listen to the novice produce the soothing tune, stranger still was how the music caused the flames in the studio’s heart burn silver.

Kynier was sitting on the edge of the bed. A beautiful silver oboe rested in his grip as his fingers gently played the keys. Translucent silver flames were running over the mage’s skin as the music continued to ring throughout the master suite. He felt a deep sense of calm as he played, and his thoughts were turned inward. The music coming from him was produced without conscious thought and was generated more by feeling. Physically, he was completely relaxed despite the straight-backed posture he held while playing. Emotionally, he was in a state of tranquility. Mentally, his mind was clear and as open as it had ever been for his bondmate.

When the bond told him that Kelski drew near to the bed a smile would form on his face, though he would continue to play for another chime. Until at last, the final note of a prolonged B3 ended the melody. The silver light faded from his body, and the fires returned to their normal dance of orange and red. Kynier took the reed from his lips and thoughts would begin to form again in his mind. The first emotions present were happiness and pleasure towards his bondmate’s presence. For some time now, she would be away for prolonged periods. While he could sense what direction she was in, Kynier did not miss her any less during those times. He did not know if that was what had occupied her time recently, but when she was close by like this, everything felt as though it were right in the world.

Kynier sent love at her through the bond as he spoke, “Hello Feather. I hope that your day went well. Mine was certainly interesting.” He gave her a kiss as a hand caressed the back and side of her neck. When he broke away, he went to set the starfire oboe down on the shelves by the window with his other possessions. “Late last night, a sky rock fell from the sky. It had landed about a mile to the northwest of the city in a bright flash of light. I was close to the park when it happened and ran as quickly as I could to investigate it.” He turned around and looked at his love. “There was a silver stone about this large,” his hands indicated a sphere larger than that of a coconut.

“Though it had fallen from Zintila’s domain, it was very cold to the touch.” Wonder filled his mind as he recalled feeling the stone shortly after its crash. “As I was picking it up, five Daggerhands arrived to take the sky rock. At least, I believe that they were Daggerhands. They wanted me to turn over the stone to them. But I was sure that the sky rock was a very valuable thing, and I did not want such a resource to fall into their hands. So, I ran, and they gave chase. I was able to get them separated and eliminate them one at a time rather than face them all at once.” There was regret as well as relief in his telling of the event.

Then another emotion crossed his mind. One that even Kynier had difficulty deciphering what it was. It felt like a mixture of intrigue and remorse, possibly shame. “But the sky rock did something to me. It caused… a deformity.” Kynier reached into his pocket and pulled something out that he kept hidden in his fist. Nervousness crawled along his skin as he approached Kelski. He opened his hand to reveal two horns that were four inches in length. Both were an inch and a half in diameter at the base and narrowed slightly to pointed ends with a slight curve. At the base they were a deep shade of amethyst but gradually faded to a darker gray at the tip.

“These protruded from my forehead here,” he pointed to the places at the ridge of his hairline that they had been. The pain of their growth was still fresh in his mind despite how the god-blessed instrument washed away his aches and pains. “It wasn’t until my pursuers were dispatched and I was able to safely return to the Gem that I could see what they really were. I thought they were permanent and was worried about how that would affect my interactions with people. How having so distinct of a characteristic would undermine my efforts of going unnoticed as a spy. And… that you may have found them unsightly.”

“But when Syna rose they broke off, and the sky rock changed to that wonderous instrument. And… I heard Leth’s voice in my mind. He said that the sky rock’s power to change me was deliberate just to see how it was that I would react to the change. And it made me understand better that… changes are hard. Especially the ones that are to make things better. Whether its better for us or those around us.” Kynier locked onto her silver eyes with his own. Love was welling up within him.

“This change between us, the bond, has sometimes been difficult to adjust to. Yet no matter how hard it has been, I would feel unable to live… or survive without it. And I know in the deepest parts of my soul, that your bond is the best thing I will ever have in my life.” Kynier took one of Kelski’s hands in his own and placed the two horns in it. “I want to give you these. They were a part of me once. I had found them to be ugly and don’t wish to keep them for myself. Though, I thought perhaps you would like them. You have a talent for taking rough things and working them into something lovely. Maybe you can do something with these. This fallen part of me… and craft them into something wonderful.”

Kynier felt silly once he was finished saying that. “You don’t have to do that though. They are yours now to do with as you please. You once gave me a part of yourself, a feather. This is the one and only time I may be able to give you a physical part of myself that you could keep with you at all times.” Kynier kissed her on the forehead before his lips playfully trailed down toward her ear. “I’m going to draw a bath now. I would like it if you joined me.” His teeth nipped at the ridge of her ear. “I’d like to ask you how you’ve been. How your day was. And to feel your bare skin against mine,” he whispered with a husky breath before giving her ear another playful nip. His interesting in hearing about her day was genuine, but it wasn’t his only interest for the bath as she would sense.

Then he kissed her at the place where her neck met her jawline before stepped around her to go to the bath chamber. Kynier pulled his shirt over his head and stopped in the doorway to look back at his love. He smiled and playfully raised his eyebrows a few times before disappearing through the doorway.

Kynier: Has a magic Oboe
Kynier: Received a message from Leth about change
Kynier: Sometimes finds the bond difficult to adjust to
Kynier: Considers Kelski's bond to be the best thing that could ever happen to him

NaNo Post: 1,298

Boxcode credit goes to Gossamer!
Sometimes the only way to win is by relinquishing a superior position.

Character Sheet
Sunberth Map
Midnight Gem Floor Plan
Kynier
Delves in Darkness

Words: 938500
Joined roleplay: May 13th, 2018, 3:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2018 Top NaNo Word Count (1)