Mauriel's Scrapbook

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Mauriel's Scrapbook

Postby Mauriel on October 4th, 2018, 1:10 pm

Mauriel's Scrapbook

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane
by those who could not hear the music.

Mauriel
Shining On

Words: 167952
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2014, 12:45 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)

Mauriel's Scrapbook

Postby Mauriel on October 4th, 2018, 1:15 pm

Update

Though I might post other stuff eventually, I mainly made this scrapbook to apologize to everyone I owe replies to. I just had my tooth extracted a couple of days ago, college has started this week, and I have a video game due to the end of the year which I'm making with some friends, and student organization duties. A lot of that piled up and has to be dealt with.

I don't know when exactly I'll be back to being as active as earlier, but I'm thinking about solos I have to do and posts I've gotta reply on and I'll probably slowly be getting back at you. I have to finish some solos before some of the threads (ppl in question know who they are xD) to avoid metagaming, so there's that as well.

I'll likely be waaay less active in the chat as well.

tl;dr: I'm here, haven't forgotten everyone, life is just happening a bit and slowing me down here.

Mauriel
Shining On

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Mauriel's Scrapbook

Postby Mauriel on January 5th, 2019, 6:37 am

Another Update

Life is still a mess, but the good news is my deadline for the game is up in a couple of weeks and I have a few exams and an event organization to attend to, but I'm starting to know my head from my toes and might start posting during study breaks. A huge apology to anyone who's been waiting on me or wanted to continue our character plots in the Winter! I'll hit you up when I'm fully back if I manage to catch up on all of my old threads, I really feel like I shouldn't be posting in the Winter if I can't wrap up Summer and Fall threads yet. If anyone feels like dropping threads or plots we've been planning because of this, that's totally fair, I understand not wanting to devote time if somebody's unreliable. :c

Sorry again to everyone basically, I realize that I'm wasting your time if I'm not at least somewhat dedicated to this hobby, I'll try and do better. I suppose this is a lesson learned on how many obligations to take on at a time (not just because of Miza, I've been really stretching myself thin and it's not very good for me).

Mauriel
Shining On

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Mauriel's Scrapbook

Postby Mauriel on March 20th, 2019, 1:53 pm

This is getting repetitive...

Some of you may have noticed my inactivity yet again. I thought about it, and things are unlikely to change for a while. I'm just really busy, physically and mentally exhausted. It's not like I don't have a couple of hours a week, but I feel bad starting anything that I have doubts I'll be able to keep up with.

I am still happily accepting code & Photoshop requests, as those are one-off obligations, unlike a thread. I am also grading when I find time. Those help me relax and are enjoyable. I'd enjoy writing too, but it requires more commitment than just the next hour of my time.

I don't see these things clearing up for me until it's well into Summer. And I'm honestly questioning playing this character on and off like that. I'm still happy to be here and help out in some way, and I feel bad over wasting everyone's time if I give up now, but I might also be wasting everyone's time if I just completely burn out at some point.

There was the Savis thing as well, honestly. I completely agree with the decision to ban him after hearing what happened from everyone involved, not that it has anything to do with me, but I just want to emphasize that I'm not critiquing the decision and it was completely deserved. Despite this, we've planned and played a lot together, and chatted a lot beyond that, and it was one of the main things that kept me enthusiastic. I know that this community has many wonderful people, many of whom reached out to me for threads, I know I shouldn't be hung up on one person like that, but I suppose I just lost momentum then and haven't picked myself up since. Suddenly being more busy than I anticipated was just icing on the cake.

As for the business, I'm a full-time student, with a part-time job, volunteering as a president and a fundraising team leader at a students' organization, and taking up some elective coding projects at college, and hoping to get an internship during Summer. I might lose my scholarship because my studies are suffering from everything else, and while my mom has savings to cover for that, imo it would be completely financially irresponsible for me to have her tap into that if I don't absolutely have to.

Sorry guys.

Mauriel
Shining On

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes