New MizBot in the Discord Chat

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is for the open discussion of Mizahar's NaNoWriMo which is the National Novel Writing Month of November. We are setting a personal goal of awarding a medal to each PC that increases their word count by 50,000 words during November. This forum is for the OOC discussion, tips, goals, and chatter involved in NaNoWriMo.

Moderator: Traverse

Postby Mayhem on November 13th, 2019, 3:57 am

Hello NaNo Participants!

I have modified a bot for the Discord chat which is currently called MizBot.
In the chat I started an event for NaNo which allows you to add your word count to the event for the rest of the month, and also lets you check the leaderboard.
Currently, only Kelski and I have added our NaNo word counts, but anyone can add them, and anyone can check the leaderboard. The command to join (and add your word count) is:

~event update WordCount

replace WordCount with your current word count. Whenever you want to update it you do the same with your new total. To check the leaderboard, type

~event top

Do these commands in #dicerollercentral or #challenges chat to avoid clogging up main chats. There are also a bunch more commands, including ~prompts and ~skills which will bring up a random prompt and a random skill respectively. I'm also accepting submissions for new prompts, and I will post a list of current prompts somewhere at some point. For now just message me on Discord or here and I will add it in. :)
Syliras
Lore * Registry * Starting Guide
Mayhem
that's Grandmaster Mayhem to you

Words: 23451
Joined roleplay: August 26th, 2019, 2:25 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Gossamer on November 15th, 2019, 10:44 pm

I wanted to say a deep heartfelt thanks for this in a very public way. I go long periods of time seeing a lot of people taking things from Mizahar or even worse setting themselves up in a way where they are constantly demanding things from the site like they are entitled. It is very rarely that someone comes along and just starts giving. I know you've been around a while, but the way you stepped up in the wiki was just fantastic.

Now, with this Discord Bot - it's totally amazing what you've done with it and how people are using it. The bot is crazy versatile and useful across so many platforms. I feel like its been a long long time since someone has just volunteered time and effort like this. It honestly warms my heart, recharges my very low batteries, and gives me some hope that others will step up and volunteer too.

When you rolled it out the other day, I got a bit teary eyed.

Thank you so much. Everyone loves it.
Gossamer

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideRiverfallSyka
Special ProjectsSykafall Coordination
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 5812562
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)