They Call Me...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

They Call Me...

Postby Vhana on March 29th, 2010, 6:08 am

Well, that name isn't important! I'm quite alright with being known as Vhana.

I'm here to answer the first half of the twenty questions game.

1. Name - See above statement.

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?
I have a varied experience of RP on both forum boards as well as chat. I enjoy them both, but tend to only have the time for boards lately.

3. How did you find us?
I was shown by a friend, and after a bit of lengthy debate I decided to make a character.

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?
That depends on what you mean by style. For example, I prefer chat for its immediacy, but find forums to allow more time for depth and detail. If, however, you mean my style of writing and choice of play, I'm a descriptive writer that focuses on story progression rather than turning RP into a competition. If there should be a battle or fight within a story arc I'm participating in, I'm much more concerned with the overall plot than I am with more petty details. So...if you're looking for depth in any and all areas of story progression and character development, I'm your girl.

5. What do you like to write about - not write about?
It truly, truly depends. I can't remember ever writing about any of my past characters doing anything so technical as solving a math equation, for example. I have written stories both large and small scale. (IE; from nations and armies, to two people). I want to write things that draw people in and intrigue them. If the story feels stale to me, then my interest wanes, and I stop enjoying what I'm writing about.

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?
I, too, once ran an RP that I dreamed of being as comprehensive as this. I can really appreciate the time, effort, and hard-work everyone has put into this site. I applaud them for it, and it is perhaps the fruits of their labor that I like the most. Too many are willing to simply make a generic setting and be done with it. However, the general plot and... theme that Mizahar presents is also very neat, and nothing to turn ones nose at.

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?
I'm not sure if I've come across anything yet that's had me frustrated. I like looking things up and reading about them, so that hasn't exactly been an issue. I suppose the only annoyance I've had so far has had to do with myself. (I take forever in writing my profiles.)

8. What would you like out of the Mizahar experience?
I want to walk away and even better writer than I am now. I want to create rich stories and characters that myself and others will enjoy.

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?
I'm not sure. It seems to me that the Admin Team has everything running smoothly. I do, however, plan on posting up a thread in the Matchmaking section of the site. I don't suppose that's really here nor there...

10. Anything else you want to talk about?
Is there anything else you want to talk about? Answering questions with questions. Such a wily coyote I am.
Vhana
Horizon Breaker

Words: 15689
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2010, 5:06 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Re: They Call Me...

Postby Gossamer on March 29th, 2010, 6:25 am

I'm glad you decided to join us. I'd like to think we have a world that people are able to improve their writing skills in and tell epic tales that they can hopefully carry with them for a long time to come. :) It sounds like you'll fit in perfectly. We were admiring your Cs and your backstory earlier. I'll be interested to see what skills you come up with.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)