Specific Character Class

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Specific Character Class

Postby Aris Kalathorn on May 28th, 2012, 9:20 pm

I'm knew to this whole thing and was wondering about the class/skill system. Could I be a Monster Hunter by chance? Also, what skills do you think I might need (other than combat of course)
Aris Kalathorn
Paladin

Words: 1421
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2012, 5:45 am
Race: Human

Specific Character Class

Postby Chevalier on May 28th, 2012, 9:38 pm

There's no 'class system' in Mizahar. Not in the sense like "I'm a Fighter, so I can't learn magic and I wield all weapons and armor". You can pick a character concept, and designate your skill points appropriately if a Fighter that doesn't use magic but wields weapons and armor is what you are looking for.

A 'Monster Hunter' is a dubious profession in Mizahar. I say this because the typical Monster in Mizahar will, and this is putting it lightly, own you. The monsters of Mizahar are absolutely terrifying, and are just one of the reasons there are only like a quarter of a million people on the entire planet. The creatures are dangerous, the weather is dangerous, the environment is dangerous.

This isn't to say you can't be a guy who goes out and beats down monstrous threats one day, you can. It's going to take time and dedication. Lots of it. You're not going to start out the game slaying monsters. So why not move to a portion of your character's life when he was a younger/more inexperienced man. Perhaps he started off as a simple Hunter of wild game. Then, as the challenges became less and less satisfying, or perhaps out of vengence for something, he begins to hunt things...less natural. Start small, build up.

As for what skills are relavant besides combat? Well for any kind of hunter there are a bunch. Wilderness Survival, stealth, observation, maybe even cooking or tanning or something. The choices are pretty vast, it just depends on what you want to do. First though, I would take some time to understand the world and lore of Mizahar. Like I said, it's a dangerous place. Even the regular folks whom are hunters don't travel the world. Typically they stay close to civilization to avoid biting off more than they can chew.
Chevalier
Knighted by Dusk

Words: 117750
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2011, 6:50 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Specific Character Class

Postby Aris Kalathorn on May 28th, 2012, 10:35 pm

Perfect idea man. Thanks for the Idea.
Aris Kalathorn
Paladin

Words: 1421