Wishful thinking...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Wishful thinking...

Postby Delayni Vesse on July 25th, 2012, 9:15 pm

I was reading through the Lore pages, and came across a part in the Mixed Blood section that made me wonder... this part is at the bottom, and states that two different races will almost never create a pure or mixed Kelvic when one parent is a Kelvic.

Almost never...does that mean that, if one gets special permission from a storyteller, it would be allowed? Or is it a sort of typo, and that this will never happen?
Thanks for any responses! :)

Chow!
~Delay
Responses may be slow the next few weeks...cross country practices got doubled. Thanks for the patience! ^^

Common
Thoughts

Vani
Delayni Vesse
Knock on the sky and listen to the sound.

Words: 16675
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2012, 4:52 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Wishful thinking...

Postby Mirage on July 25th, 2012, 11:49 pm

Hey there Delayni,

I think I will give this a shot. If it says "almost never" it almost certainly means it won't happen. Now I do know it is possible for a Kelvic and a human/other compatible race can mate and potentially make a kelvic (I think thats what it means by almost never) but from my knowledge you cannot have a half kelvic anything. I am sure it says it somewhere in the lore I will just have to dig a bit. Anyway, if you have a Kelvic woman who mates with a human male and they have a child it will either be human or kelvic, not a mix of the two. If you are really interested in this I would inquire at the HD as well. I shall concede the point to any founder who comes along though :)

Hope that helps!
Mirage
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Wishful thinking...

Postby Persona on July 26th, 2012, 1:19 am

Lore wrote:There are no half-Kelvics. A Kelvic mixed with another race almost always produces that race rather than a mixed or pure Kevlic.

I think the "almost never" is referring to the fact that unless both parents are kelvic, it's extremely unlikely a kelvic will be born from the union. Saying "rather than a mixed or pure" may be a bit confusing wording, but it specifies in the previous sentence that there is no such thing as a half-kelvic.
Persona
The Wildcard

Words: 41121
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2012, 9:59 pm
Office

Wishful thinking...

Postby Delayni Vesse on July 26th, 2012, 3:28 am

...if you have a Kelvic woman who mates with a human male and they have a child it will either be human or kelvic...

Does this mean I'd need to get special permission to have a character that is Kelvic, but has another species for a second parent?

Anywho, thank you for the speedy replies! They helped a lot. ^^
Responses may be slow the next few weeks...cross country practices got doubled. Thanks for the patience! ^^

Common
Thoughts

Vani
Delayni Vesse
Knock on the sky and listen to the sound.

Words: 16675
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2012, 4:52 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Wishful thinking...

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on July 26th, 2012, 3:37 am

I think what it might mean is, regardless of what the parents are, if the offspring is a Kelvic, they're considered "full" Kelvic no matter what.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Wishful thinking...

Postby Gossamer on July 26th, 2012, 4:38 am

You don't need special permission for a human+kelvic=kelvic. Just keep in mind its is very rare. 99.9% of the time a human+kelvic=human.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)