SOOO LOST!!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

SOOO LOST!!

Postby BitterBlue on October 16th, 2012, 7:32 pm

Okay So I just joined and I'm super lost..everything is so confusing! I just want to roleplay..not take like six hours on a character sheet. I really need help with all of that..No Idea about how the starting package/skills stuff works..or money, or any of that stuff. I seriously need a mentor here people!! I would be thankful for ANY help with creating my character sheet and understanding how everything works..thanks!
BitterBlue
Player

Words: 682
Joined roleplay: October 14th, 2012, 5:12 pm
Race: Zith

SOOO LOST!!

Postby Syrah Steele on October 16th, 2012, 7:38 pm

Well I think its a good thing you don't want to spend 6 hours on a Character Sheet because its going to take a few days. It took me three days before I even started my CS (character sheet) during those days I was reading everything about this site and its lore that I could get my hands on. Unfortunately for you this isnt a site where you can join and go. You have to research and read, a lot.
"I would like to most graciously thank Ms. Steele for providing me with much needed deep and intellectual RP that goes beyond, 'Hey I don't like you let's fight.' So if you do read this Syrah thank you very much!'" - Desmus Marrudius
Syrah Steele
My heart is cold but, so is the wine.

Words: 105282
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2012, 2:09 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

SOOO LOST!!

Postby BitterBlue on October 16th, 2012, 7:44 pm

Okay So how do I start then?
BitterBlue
Player

Words: 682
Joined roleplay: October 14th, 2012, 5:12 pm
Race: Zith

SOOO LOST!!

Postby Briar Holden on October 16th, 2012, 8:18 pm

I think the Starting Guide details it pretty well, from start to finish with all the different links inside that you might need to move on.

Step 1: Decide on a race, starting city and character concept (Read: What do you want your character to be? Perky bard? Depressed mercenary? Shy tailor?).

Step 2: Research your race and city to be on the safe side. Research whatever else you need; if your character is a mage, for instance, you need to read up on magic as it's important that you understand how these things work before throwing yourself in head-first. Saves you a lot of trouble to be well prepared!

Step 3: Post up a Character Sheet in their designated forum. You can use the pre-made CS templates in this thread if you don't want to get into making one of your own. You can do that later. Your CS really doesn't have to be pretty from the very beginning; as long as you get all the important details listed in the guide and the templates, you should be fine for a solid character. Design and such can come later, along with flowery fluff and pretty stuff.

Step 4: Begin roleplaying once your CS is posted, and submit it for review in the meantime. If a moderator makes a note in your CS, keep your eye on it and amend the things you need to change as quickly as possible so your CS will eventually be good and ready to go! If your CS doesn't have comments on it, though, you're free to roleplay until someone does post a note on it.

... Then, ask any more questions you may have if it's confusing, still. The entire staff of Mizahar is more than happy to help and most of its members, too!

Briar Holden
Player

Words: 56198
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2012, 2:27 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)