I just wanted to share...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to place any off topic chatter, thread games, etc here.

I just wanted to share...

Postby Ishara Dossari on October 18th, 2012, 12:16 am

I've been pet sitting this weekend for one of my favorite clients. They have two giant ol' chocolate labs, one of which (Mocha) has been fighting kidney disease for a year and a half. Sadly, she lost that battle this morning. Her owner could not be here for her, but after losing her husband a year ago to kidney disease as well, it would have been a very difficult trip for her to make. For her sake, I'm glad it happened on my watch, but it made for a very heartbreaking morning.

This afternoon we were hit hard by some storms, and afterwards...*sigh* I just wanted to share this image, because I do not think I would believe it unless I saw it with my own eyes...I've never before seen a rainbow so incredibly BRIGHT before. And right over dear Mocha's house. I sent the picture along to her owner, too...I feel it was a message I was meant to pass on.

Mocha was only 6. It was such a difficult decision, putting her to sleep, because she was such a young dog and always seemed like she had SO much love and enthusiasm to give. (You know labs!) She is in a better place, now. No more suffering. And I think she somehow just wanted to let us know...
"What creature is this which dances beneath my eye?
A desert-bred mortal who's beastial sinew and heart
Lay forged in the firey breath of Yahal's sigh!
Watch, as the soul surfs upon the wind and slowly breaks apart..."
Ishara Dossari
Player

Words: 78989
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2012, 3:21 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet