[Brainstorming] Your Wildlands

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Harlequill on May 12th, 2010, 4:40 pm

Attention Fellow Players

Got your attention, didn't I?

The Wildlands may not be as active as Sylira, but there are so many people attached to them that hopefully we can get a few together to discuss the area. Reading through the threads and flashbacks I can see that some people already have a clear idea of what they think the Wildlands is like. Well, i've been gifted with an opportunity to work in the area, and I want to develop it alongside you rather than independantly from you.

Please post here if you are in the Wildlands, near the Wildlands, or think that just maybe you'll play in the Wildlands someday. :)

What would you like to see end up on my to do list? Have you always wanted to have the mysterious 'slaver' groups written out in more detail? Do you find yourself wondering if there are any well established ruins that haven't been mentioned yet? Would you like to be more afraid of what goes bump in the night, but haven't seen a monster that scares you?

Please write out below what sort of things you'd like me to pour my effort into, and feel free to discuss or elaborate on the ideas of your fellow gamers. I am here to please, and the first step at doing so is finding out what everyone wants. While I encourage you to come up with whatever you want, I would gently remind you also not to get your hopes up too much. I cannot promise that everything discussed in this thread will become a reality.
Harlequill
Prickly Justice

Words: 72067
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2010, 4:54 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Saebier on May 12th, 2010, 9:09 pm

Well first of all I'd like to thank you for taking the time to find out what the players want. so, Thank you.

the picture in my head of the wildlands is a vast expanse of unmastered, untamed forests and plains. ranging from dense, thick foliaged woods to less thickly wooded areas. I also picture a curious "tree disease" obviously the kills the trees in its path, leaving them scared and black, somewhere deep in the wildlands.

Anything that could make the wildlands more intresting I would be more then happy to help out with, altough I am not that good at write up's. The slaver bands and curious ruins would make great additions in my opinion, adding new things to explore and watch out for, and not to mention some good new twists for RP.
Saebier
"Speed is a gift, use it"

Words: 4117
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2010, 10:43 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby John Vicari on May 13th, 2010, 5:56 pm

What would you like to see end up on my to do list?

Mini quests for people and such

Have you always wanted to have the mysterious 'slaver' groups written out in more detail?

Why not. Would not mind a reason to fight them or try to join them. Then again I could also see trying to fight them however I know people would side with the,.

Do you find yourself wondering if there are any well established ruins that haven't been mentioned yet?

Yeah

Would you like to be more afraid of what goes bump in the night, but haven't seen a monster that scares you?

The main reason I don't go in the wildlands is that it is not a nice place and filled with danger. Be it in a monster or slaver however I have no large reason to go in the area other then to seek death.
John Vicari
Player

Words: 107575
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2010, 8:19 pm
Blog: View Blog (10)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Malia on May 24th, 2010, 3:56 pm

Although the Wildlands should be ... well, wild, it'd be nice if there were some opportunities for living or setting up a business near Syliras, because not everyone wants to live in a castle where your neighbors are so close and extra room costs money. You know what I mean? An opportunity to live in the wilderness without getting killed or enslaved the first day.

I don't know if that really fits the image of the Wildlands, but that's what I'd like to see. :)

Apart from that, lots of secrets and hidden adventures! Ruins, underground labyrinths, magical artifacts, thieves, whatever. Detailed information about a couple gangs would be great. I could also see some kind of semi-organized crime taking place around Syliras, because the knights protect the city quite well - so I think there should be some kind of shelter for criminals in close proximity to the city, perhaps even with hidden tunnels into the castle itself.
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)