Not sure what happened to my CS

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Mirza on January 2nd, 2013, 3:16 pm

My second part of my CS was posted on top of the first. I'm not sure what happened. I checked the coding of the reply and it's fine, but I can't look at the first part since the edit and delete button are covered.
Mirza
Player

Words: 6619
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2012, 7:30 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on January 2nd, 2013, 4:33 pm

Hi Mirza-

I fixed your CS. That wasn't a bug. It was a mistake on your part. You MUST close out bbc code the same way you opened it... meaning...

{Framepic=blah}{frametrans=Blach} your font center size info plus text then close your font center size info {/frametrans}{/framepic}

In your case you were doing...

{Framepic=blah}{frametrans=Blach} your font center size info plus text then close your font center size info{/framepic} {/frametrans} your font center size info

That is an incorrect way to do it and will cause errors. I just moved your junk around in the editor and it showed up just fine.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Mirza on January 2nd, 2013, 4:38 pm

Thank you so much!
Mirza
Player

Words: 6619
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2012, 7:30 pm
Race: Human, Benshira