Journeymen Monster Hunting

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Journeymen Monster Hunting

Postby Anchor on January 10th, 2013, 9:08 pm

Bumping this topic, still want to know about this if anyone can help!

I finally found the nifty list on monsters and the various classifications and I definitely intend to use it to spice the Suvan Sea up. However, I have a question on the fragment monsters known as journeymen. I know that fragments of gods like the Windoak fragments can be used to empower the gods - which is why followers Rhysol and Sylir are competing right now in Sahova - and I assume something similar can be done for mortals. After all, Myri herself rose from consuming the remains of the previous war god, and how Sagallius ascended by stealing and eating Aquiras' heart is a common story.

What I would like to know is if hunting these journeymen, these dangerous students of everything, can boost one's power the same way finding a Windoak fragment can. If so, how would one acquire their power? Consuming them would be the logical answer, though that may take a while and is dangerous in and of itself. This isn't for a PC of mine, this is for an NPC idea I have for a dangerous individual in the Suvan.

Also, do they have any particular resistances to magic or the like? As far as I remember they don't have any special protecting from swords or rocks or fire, but I could be wrong and they are powerful fragment monsters.
Will be gone for a couple days, grades need lifting

The Suvan Sea

The Suvan Sea *** Fierce Currents OOC *** Current Events

Black Rock
(Temporary Responsibility)
Black Rock *** Morbid Musings OOC *** Domain Lore
Anchor
Come diving with me

Words: 155953
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 4:21 am
Race: Staff account
Office