Gnosis Marks/Curses

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Gnosis Marks/Curses

Postby Ash'eny on June 5th, 2010, 1:03 am

Alright, I want to apologize beforehand if this is the wrong area or simply a topic that is already answered.

I cannot find out about this though. My question is this: if a roleplayer wants their PC to start out with a Gnosis Mark/Curse, is the person even allowed to begin with one and what would they have to do to be accepted as having it.

I couldn't manage to find anywhere that mentioned anything about beginning with a mark, so I assumed the only thing you needed to do was to put an explanation as to why and how it happened in the history.

Any help?
Ash'eny
Thief of Hearts

Words: 195301
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2010, 8:17 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Gnosis Marks/Curses

Postby Harlequill on June 5th, 2010, 2:16 am

Out of character note:
A Domain Storyteller or Regional Storyteller must roleplay a God or Goddess. Due to the significance of these manifestations and interactions, self storytelling and guest storytelling is not allowed. One or two gnosis marks can be granted by RS and DS level storytellers, but a third and forth mark requires permission via the help desk from the Founders Circle. Gnosis marks CANNOT be taken as part of a starting package without threads unless special permission is granted via the Help Desk.

This note is present at the very bottom of the Gnosis entry in our Lore section. Go ahead and make a thread in the help desk explaining what you would like for your character, and they will help determine whether your character will or will not begin play with any Gnosis marks.

Hope this helps :)
~J
Harlequill
Prickly Justice

Words: 72067
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2010, 4:54 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Gnosis Marks/Curses

Postby Ash'eny on June 5th, 2010, 2:20 am

It certainly does, thank you so much!
Ash'eny