[Issues found by Nephilim] Radovan

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Radovan

Postby diminutivecardboard on February 10th, 2013, 9:42 pm

PC Name’s
Radovan
Physical Information
Nuit
November second, 247
Male, but doesn't have a problem occupying a female body
Physical Description
Standard pallor, bags under eyes, and black tongue; A dull, dark shade of red hair; ice green eyes; boy in late teens; on the tall side, and thin but with a decent amount of muscle; on every new body, he recreates a knotwork tattoo below his collarbone as a tribute to the Drykas who 'raised' him; he tends to be faster and more agile than most of his race, but not to any extreme
Character Concept (Optional But Recommended)
Personality – Mistrustful and suspicious, skeptical, prone to being sullen at times, a quick and biting sort of wit that he often keeps to himself, confident of his own abilities but realistic- doesn't coddle himself with illusions or anything less than blunt judgment, even for himself. Takes good care of himself when he actually sets aside the time and things are calm, but is significantly more neglectful in a dire circumstance (ie; won't care for himself so well between battles) “Sleeps” a lot (He can't actually sleep, of course, but he reaches a point of lethargic that more than sufficiently imitates this)
Ethics - Flexible- more negatively focused on honestly and integrity when it comes to not manipulating others' emotions than on 'bad attitudes', violence, and hurting others- so long as it isn't calculated or purposeful, it's whatever. Can surprise himself with moments of higher tenderness than this, especially if brought about by sympathy or pity (though he usually associates pity with contempt). He doesn't pity easily- everyone is accountable for their own actions and the majority of their situation.
Likes – Soft spot for animals. Appreciates good craftsmanship. People who put bluntness and honestly as a priority over sparing one's feelings or serving their own purpose. The smell of pine needles. Earthy smells, feelings, and places. New things pertaining to art and not technology. Wizardry (though he mistrusts it. Much more of a morbid fascination than an actual like)
Dislikes – Emotional manipulation, dithering, someone having clear-cut or unfounded expectations of him, responsibility he doesn't assume on his own, doing something he didn't make the decision to do himself, pollution, his personal bubble being violated =P, sneaky criminals, incorrect facts or information, arrogance, priests of Uldr, sacrifices
Character History (Optional But Recommended)
Pre-Creation – Was born a Svefra but, a careless child, was swept overboard by the sea. The Daek-nuit was performed upon him by a worshipper of Uldr. His creator never explained much to him, and left him to his own devices shortly after explaining some vague points to him. He wandered, in fear of death, but was fortunately deserted near a village. He, then known as Eliot, wandered the populated shore, hopeful of being reunited with his people- though as mere weeks went on, he began to give up these hopes, and he knew that he had to find means of supporting himself. He was lucky to find work in the marketplace, cleaning up after a craftsman's shop. He lived like this for a little while, keeping an ear out for any news of the Svefra people but without any immediate plans to leave. Soon, however, he had grown thin, sluggish, tired and weak. Even more alarmingly, the flesh itself rotted off in places, his skin peeling in strips and the muscle of his body decaying into soft patches beneath the skin. Try as he might, the thirteen year old boy couldn't find a way to halt the process, and knew little of his own condition- all he knew came from what was happening to him, though of course the priest who'd ensnared him into this prison had made it evident that his life would change from then on. At fourteen, unable to explain himself and in a sickening panic, Eliot was found ill by the cityfolk- and in fear, they took him, carried him off, and killed him. The boy took years to discover on his own the way to take a new body, driven by instinct and experimentation. By then, he felt less of a sentient being than he ever had, and had lost the maturity and experience his scarce fourteen years had brought him.
But Radovan's first life isn't something he considers of importance.
Close to a simple wraith at the point he finally came into a new body, the former Elliot had lost almost all memory of his former life, which even now only has the vividity of an old dream. An infant had died in a woodland town of the Drykas, and that is the body he possessed. Strangely, rather than driving him away or killing him, the grieving parents, even recognizing him for what he was, accepted him as a second son. It was there what he considers his true first life began. He essentially grew up with them as his people, and the close-knit village became his first family. A mentor took his under his wing, and described to him exactly what he was, teaching him how to live with himself and how to care for his condition. The Drykas even gave him a name- from now on he was Radovan. In his youth, he was fascinated with craftsmanship in metal and glass, and by the beauty of the Drykas' tattoos and knotwork. He was apprenticed under a jeweler in a nearby settlement, yet he often visited his original home. Radovan was not always the best of riders, but he was passable- and he had a gentle way with the horses and other animals that gave him a special gift with them as companions. To this day, of course (having kept up the practice of riding) he is a better jockey than most, although this of course depends on his current physical status. He lived with these people for half a lifetime, taking the bodies of a recently deceased close to his present age whenever need be, and growing up, living, loving. He deeply considered, himself one of the Drykas. Sadly for Radovan, the people native to that certain area slowly dwindled in numbers, eventually dying out. He left them before this had completely taken its course, however, once all the friends and family he'd known had passed on. He still undertakes jewelwork, and has since studied in metalworking (trinkets, mostly) and glasswork as well. He keeps in practice, so that he remains good with his hands and dexterious regardless of the physical vessel.

Post Creation _ What happened to your PC in game as you play them.
Training & Skill Points (Required)
Base:
Animal Husbandry: 3
Botany: 1
Metalsmithing: 5
Carving: 3
Embalming: 1
Etching: 3
Fletching/bowing: 2
Geology: 5
Glassworking: 4
Horsemanship: 2
Hunting: 1
Intelligence: 5
Jewelcrafting:: 5
Observation: 2
Riding: 3
Sculpting: 3
Tracking: 2
Tattooing: 1
Undertaking: 1
Wilderness Survival: 3
Stealth: 1
Sewing: 1

Lore(s):
- Trinket-making
- Intimidating (threatening?) aura- most instinctively listen when he talks, though this also makes him much less approachable. He may have trouble finding friends””

Languages:
Fluent: Pavi (Drykas)
Basic: Common
Poor: Fratava (Svefra)

Equipment/Possessions (Required)
1 Set of Clothing (cloak/coat & footwear included)
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
1 Set of Toiletries (comb, brush, razor, soap)
Food for a week or 1 bottle of embalming fluid (for Nuits)
1 eating knife
Flint & Steel
Family Heirloom
A small kit of crafting- a good way to distract himself and otherwise occupy his time and thoughts
Ledger
100 gold mizas

Please let me know if I have to change anything. I'm new :K
diminutivecardboard
Player

Words: 2440
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2013, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit

Radovan

Postby Nephilim on February 12th, 2013, 6:38 pm

Hi there Radovan!

My name is Nephilim, and I am one of the friendly neighborhood Character Sheet Liaisons! Which means I walk about with a clip board and checklist to make sure everything is going smoothly and help with character creation!

First I want to welcome you to Mizahar, and I hope you have a wonderful time roleplaying here!

Now onward to business.
=====================
You seem to have developed a really interesting character, but I do see a few errors with your character sheet! Don't worry it happens to everyone, and it won't take long to correct so that you can really jump in and begin enjoying the game!

--> Format

This isn't a big issue here on Mizahar, as you have complete creative freedom to design your Character Sheet however you want, but I would recommend double spacing between paragraphs to prevent an event called "Wall-o-text" from happening.

It makes things easier to read and breaks up the text to allow easier flow from one paragraph to another!

--> Birthday
Mizahar doesn't have months, we have seasons (Spring, Sumer, Fall, Winter) that each has 91 days (except winter which has 92). So your birthday could be: 13th Fall, 247 AV

--> Character Concept

It seems that you have included here a window into your character's personality, which is great; however, this isn't the location for it.

Personality and Character Concept are very different. While the character concept is a great place for you to give people a small glimpse into your character's personality, it is intended for you to create a "goal" for your character.

Character Concept

By now you will already know a great deal of information about the character you want to play. Developing a 'character concept' is the next step -- some idea of your PC's personality, interests, and goals. Is your character a restless rogue, one that enjoys a life of carefree thievery? Does s/he feel driven to pursue an honorable life of sacrifice, perhaps as a Syliran Knight? Would your PC enjoy a quiet life, devoted to one of the Gods? It's not necessary to decide everything right now. However, knowing what sort of basic personality your character has will be very helpful as you start playing.

- quote taken from Starting Guide

In summary: Character concept is the driving force and idea behind your character!

--> Character History

The beginning of your history is interesting and very well thought out! I enjoyed reading it, but it does contain a few errors that need to be corrected.

Once a Nuit dies, they are dead. Just like everything else. When a Nuit dies, they don't become a Wraith that can possess a new body at will. I strongly recommend you give the Nuit racial page a read! It contains a lot of useful information that can enhance and make a nuit interesting and fun to play!

The second part of your character's history is a tad confusing... You said that Radovan took over the body of a dead infant in a forest, but this poses a few issues besides the previously mentioned wraith posession. Radovan wouldn't be able to grow and develop like a normal human from his infant body, and would have to change that body when that one begins to decay like all other Nuits. If he had never known how to change bodies in the first place, how would he have learned?

The Nuits

--> Stats

Your stats seem to be distributed a bit too much. A starting character starts with a total of 50 points to distribute in addition to what ever they recieve as a racial bonus.

Nuits start with the standard 50 points with an addition 10 points in embalming.

Each skill a character starts with cannot have less than 5 points or more than 30.

Your skill list comes to a total of 57 when you should have 60, and you have a lot of skills below 5 points.

Here is an example of a total of 60 skill points used:

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Carving 15 SP 15/100 Novice
Jewelcrafting 15 SP 15/100 Novice
Embalming 10 RB, 20 SP 30/100 Competent

Take a look here. It is a break down of all skills and what they are for, which will help you in determining what skills to start with, and remember, even if you can't take a skill from the start, you can learn it IC. That will provide lots of opportunities to thread with lots of people and make friends!

--> Lores

Lores are kowledeges or information that doesn't fit into the traditional skill frame. The lores you have listed here: Trinket-making and Intimidating Aura aren't lores.

The link I included has a indepth explination of lores; however a few examples would be:

Lore: Syliras History
Lore: Poisonus Flora
Lore: What dangers lurk in the Bronzewoods

Trinket-making is essentially Jewlcrafting, which is a skill. As far as an Intimidating Aura, that stems from your character's personality. Your aura is simple a part of you, but that is more on the Auristics side of magic.

--> Equipment and possessions

You seem to have everything listed here in a clear way. Perfect! I would like you to simple extend on a few things, for example, you either have 1 week of food or Embalming fluid, so you need to pick just one.

A good place to determine what is needed in a starting package and how to list it can be found Here.

There you will also find information about listing your housing depending on where Radovan is starting at. This is something else that is important to add, so that a ST can look at your CS and know where your character is, and what they have on them.
=========================

Once these fixes have been made, simply send me a PM and I will remove this intervention from your thread and approve your CS! If you have an questions, feel free to send me a PM and I will gladly help in anyway I can!

Radovan is a very intersting character, and I can't wait to read more of your writing!

Best wishes!
-Nephilm
Nephilim
CS Liaison

Words: 3676
Joined roleplay: February 6th, 2013, 5:17 pm
Race: Staff account