Nuit Questions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Nuit Questions

Postby Cosette Merryweather on September 24th, 2009, 1:47 pm

These questions are more or less directed to Mr.Tarot. :)

1. I considered your advice of changing my skill list so I can start with skills that I can use immediately as opposed to using skills that have pre-requisites like... Alchemy and Magecrafting, (since I don't have the Miza to purchase my own laboratory and because you mercilessly laughed at me during our last conversation! Tarot is a bully!) After mulling over the available magical disciplines I could pursue I settled with Morphing. So, as for the question itself! Can I use Morphing to make my character appear like a living human being who is able to manifest goosebumps or blush even if the base material I'll be working with will be... dead? I know its stated in the Morphing guide that damaged tissue will still be damaged after transformation but I wanted to hear the answer from you yourself Tarot.

2. If I do succeed in making my character appear human to others through morphing how long can I sustain it at the second level? Will it tax my character's Djed considerably to maintain such facade or would these minor cosmetic changes drain little of Cossy's Djed?

3. Is it possible to temporarily attain the functions of a living, breathing human through morphing as a nuit? For instance, if I use morphing to modify my entire anatomy can Cossy eat and digest food (given the hypothetical situation where she has infinite Djed to use) like a living person even if she is technically dead?

4. Can a nuit with Morphing assume the form of an animal like a snake and retain its venom and as well as its ability to move fluidly and quickly?
The answer is more Body Building. -X.
Cosette Merryweather
Unyielding Optimism

Words: 69794
Joined roleplay: September 2nd, 2009, 10:22 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Re: Nuit Questions

Postby Tarot on September 24th, 2009, 2:50 pm

Let's see...

1. Nuit can Morph like anyone else, though you are still morphing dead tissue. You can change your appearance, but the deadness won't change - the body is still cold, the eyes are still glazed, no heartbeat, etc. You may be able to disguise exterior signs such as the dark rings and tongue. Keep in mind that you are not allowed to imitate your past form while in Sahova - that's a privilege of the Archwizard alone (he always looks the same regardless of what body he is in). Incidentally, if you really want to disguise yourself so badly, you may have better luck using Illusionism, Ionu's gnosis (thanks for the correction, Goss!)

2. Your body is "elastic", and when you stop stretching it, it will slowly return to its original form. The more you practice the transformation, the longer you can maintain it without effort. If you keep it on a lot, you will actually have more trouble returning to the original form. At Competent, you should be able to have these minor effects on all the time.

3. Nope, sorry! Dead is as dead does.

4. This stuff is just as difficult for them as it is for a live guy. You'll be an undead snake with the same properties as the Nuit. First you need to learn the snake's model. That will take you weeks just studying how the snake is inside and out. You will have to watch, cut, dissect them and see what being a snake is like. These are no humans that work just like you - it's an entirely different being. Then you will have to get used to the shape, learn how to crawl, and so on. Venom, though, is considered a special ability, so you will have to be a Master for that. :)
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)