Questions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Questions

Postby Astra on May 7th, 2013, 2:01 pm

I was told to ask the questions as replies so check my last post ;)

thank you in advance!
Last edited by Astra on May 12th, 2013, 8:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Astra
Player

Words: 2746
Joined roleplay: May 7th, 2013, 1:38 pm
Race: Human, Mixed

Is my story possible? and other questions.

Postby Gossamer on May 7th, 2013, 4:17 pm

Hi there.

Inarta don't have traditional families ie. Wives, Husbands, etc. They tend to love when and where they will. So a mixed blooded vantha + Inarta is possible. The Inarta trade with the Vantha in Avanthal a great deal.

Inarta can travel. The ones that bond with Wind Eagles choose not too because their eagles are colony birds... and don't want to be away from home much nor can they be since the whole of the mountain will starve if they selfishly stay away.

I'm completely confused where the Eypharian kid comes in. You can't make up towns that got ransacked and burned. You'd have to go to Eyktol to get a Eypharian kid, and that's a long ways away.

Inarta are all born yasi. They only attain Avora if they get skilled up enough to be so. They aren't born wealthy privileged, etc. In fact, they rarely raise their own kids unless its something unique like a kelvic child etc. None of the Endals have time to anyhow. Maybe crazy Avora would.. but most of the time Dek and Cheit look after them.

You aren't born an Endal. Are you sure you've read the lore? You'd know this if you had. You are born Yasi.. aka a child and have to crawl up the ranks on your own merits. No one cares who your parents are. And your parents probably don't care if you live or die either. They probably coudln't pick you out of a crowd of Yasi anyhow.

You as a pc can go anywhere you want. You don't even have to be born in wind reach. But let me warn you. If you are born in wind reach, you'd better have the means to leave. That means you need a higher rank than Yasi or Chiet.

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Is my story possible? and other questions.

Postby Astra on May 7th, 2013, 10:56 pm

Gossamer wrote:
Hi there.

Inarta don't have traditional families ie. Wives, Husbands, etc. They tend to love when and where they will. So a mixed blooded vantha + Inarta is possible. The Inarta trade with the Vantha in Avanthal a great deal.

Inarta can travel. The ones that bond with Wind Eagles choose not too because their eagles are colony birds... and don't want to be away from home much nor can they be since the whole of the mountain will starve if they selfishly stay away.

I'm completely confused where the Eypharian kid comes in. You can't make up towns that got ransacked and burned. You'd have to go to Eyktol to get a Eypharian kid, and that's a long ways away.

Inarta are all born yasi. They only attain Avora if they get skilled up enough to be so. They aren't born wealthy privileged, etc. In fact, they rarely raise their own kids unless its something unique like a kelvic child etc. None of the Endals have time to anyhow. Maybe crazy Avora would.. but most of the time Dek and Cheit look after them.

You aren't born an Endal. Are you sure you've read the lore? You'd know this if you had. You are born Yasi.. aka a child and have to crawl up the ranks on your own merits. No one cares who your parents are. And your parents probably don't care if you live or die either. They probably coudln't pick you out of a crowd of Yasi anyhow.

You as a pc can go anywhere you want. You don't even have to be born in wind reach. But let me warn you. If you are born in wind reach, you'd better have the means to leave. That means you need a higher rank than Yasi or Chiet.

Goss

Thank you very much :)
i think i can put a story together much easier now.
I made my story up while I was beginning to skim through the pages. When i found a story i tried to see if it was even possible and read through everything. and I know the Eypharian doesn't make much sense. I actually tried to see how far aways they would be from each other before i posted but the visual map used doesn't have region labels... so i tried to be loose with it.

and yes i did in fact read the lore, i went over pages upon pages of information. When reading about Inarta, i thought that which caste they were born into would affect part of their life as yasi since during their life at home (first 8 years) they may have been taught skills by their parents, building them up to that higher position. I may have just taken a few things a little harsher/lighter than they may have been...

and what i meant with born endal i mean they were endal before PC creation so they needed the bonding story and whatnot.

i will edit my original post and correct my mistakes.

Thank you very much Goss!! Was a big help :)
Astra
Player

Questions answered Thanks Goss!

Postby Astra on May 7th, 2013, 11:18 pm

Also, Goss. I think my misconception may have come from limited information, or bad inferring. i will read through the lore and also expand further into the lore and then come back if more questions need to be answered. Thank you! :)
Astra
Player

Questions about Travel

Postby Astra on May 11th, 2013, 6:36 am

new question :o
Astra
Player

Questions about Travel

Postby Banickle on May 11th, 2013, 11:30 am

No. You can certainly do threads in the wilds - there are even forums made just for that and they are usually the last one listed within each region - but they should be limited and take into account the numerous dangers of being out there...all alone...on your own...with no one to save you.

Happy travels!
Banickle

PS: In the future, if you have additional questions, just post them as a reply to this thread. Please don't update your topic and first post. You'll more than likely get lost in the shuffle if you do it that way. Thank you.
Banickle
Shall I slay you a tune?

Words: 138636
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2013, 12:36 am
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Questions about Travel

Postby Astra on May 11th, 2013, 12:55 pm

Banickle wrote:
No. You can certainly do threads in the wilds - there are even forums made just for that and they are usually the last one listed within each region - but they should be limited and take into account the numerous dangers of being out there...all alone...on your own...with no one to save you.

Happy travels!
Banickle

PS: In the future, if you have additional questions, just post them as a reply to this thread. Please don't update your topic and first post. You'll more than likely get lost in the shuffle if you do it that way. Thank you.

Thank you! :) I just didn't see them so I got confused. I'll be careful for sure, try to get allies first, hehehe.

sorry about the post. in forums before i would just change the first post because the topic changes... Second guessed for a minute because I thought I might have broken local forum tradition.

thanks again :)
Astra
Player

Questions

Postby Astra on May 12th, 2013, 8:37 am

New question :0

My character is a mixed human an Inartan-Vantha.
I know the eye color trait is only given to the full children of the lights, however, is the trait hidden deep inside the genes? I was wondering if i could use a small detail such as the eyes become reddish when she is angry. Because she is inartan, her red hair, and that one gene that had been fully realized to active players during that djed storm that i missed, ahah.
to single out my question:
1. Can my half-vantha have slight eye color change with strong emotions, anger as my directive, or is that something that doesn't pass at all?

I am deep into character development so ideas are coming and I would like conformation of a few things so i am not specializing my character beyond others.

thanks in advance!
Sorry if I ask too many questions. I like to have full conformation on things so i am not doing something wrong.
Astra
Player

Questions

Postby Banickle on May 12th, 2013, 10:36 am

Sorry, Astra, but that would be a no.
Banickle
Shall I slay you a tune?

Words: 138636
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2013, 12:36 am
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Questions

Postby Astra on May 12th, 2013, 11:30 am

Banickle wrote:
Sorry, Astra, but that would be a no.

i thought so, thanks again!
By the way i just noticed your banickle, a banjo-sickle cool thing to have :nod:
Astra
Player

Next