Hello.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hello.

Postby Kudoku on June 15th, 2013, 10:36 am

Well, lets start off with, I started with DnD and eventually ended up in various rp sites such as bleach,wolf,naruto and the ectz... I was finally growing bored of rping some lil child shouting out super hero powers(naruto) or repeating the exact everyday shit with things such as bleach.

I wanted the DnD experience back, but then, I began to expand that search and came across Mizahar. It sounds VERY promising and I look forward to role-playing with all of you.

Though It would be quite helpful if someone were to help me out along getting started. Such a huge site, and It is the biggest I've seen so far.
Kudoku
Player

Words: 6824
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2013, 10:32 am
Race: Akalak

Hello.

Postby Shausha on June 15th, 2013, 11:58 am

6/15/13
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Well howdy, Kudoku! The best way to get familiar with the sites is explore the drop down lists at the top of the Mizahar image banner. Getting Started, Help, Master Lists, Useful Links and Features are all up there.

If you have any simple questions that the general public can answer and want a snappy response, the chat application is up there too.

My personal suggestion for getting acquainted is to take a few days to pick out 3-5 cities you might be interested in starting your player character. Get to know these cities by browsing their forums BEFORE you start posting so you can find a place that matches both you AND your PC. There are slow, medium and high population forums/cities. Depending on what you prefer (a closer knit community or a volume of players to interact with), you'll find what you like by peeking around the cities' forums. You can also get used to how moderators, storytellers and players all interact by skimming the threads there.

Good luck and happy adventuring!

Shausha
Is it the sun down yet?

Words: 99565
Joined roleplay: May 16th, 2013, 7:28 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Hello.

Postby Kudoku on June 16th, 2013, 6:56 pm

Well I've gotten some of the basics down, I ran through the cities, but I'm noticing the storytellers of specific regions haven't logged on in months...

It just seems albit complex, but not a very good backround kinda person, I struggle with making large posts and large details backrounds, so It'd be a real challenge for me to start elsewhere other than where my race normally does. I was thinking of being a Chaktawe.
Kudoku
Player

Words: 6824
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2013, 10:32 am
Race: Akalak

Hello.

Postby Shausha on June 17th, 2013, 12:03 am

6/16/13
___________________________________________________________________________________________

D&D, Naruto, and Bleach RP have their back stories already made for you, so that might be why you're not good at at backgrounds.

Try making a list of traits for your character, then go down the list one by one, trying to explain WHY your character became that way. The story should unfold itself. If you really try, I'm sure you'll be able to think of more than a few sentences.

Shausha
Is it the sun down yet?

Words: 99565
Joined roleplay: May 16th, 2013, 7:28 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes