Please help me get this character started.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Azrayel Kolasi on August 16th, 2013, 11:06 am

Hey hey hey everyone!

This isn't my first Mizahar character, but I am still fairly new to the site. I've also been on about a month or a half hiatus due to some work related issues in my real life. I'm back again, but find that I am at the same roadblock I was before: From what I understand of the lore, a magic using character is hard to craft because there has to be an explanation for how he aquired his magic in his backstory. I contemplated having him learn his skills, as they would be basic being from the starting package, form his father... but that seems sort've wrong. I'm not sure.

Thoughts or suggestions would be helpful here. I really like the general concept behind this character and would like to finish his character sheet so I can actually start using him. Thanks!
Credit for the CS Template goes to Fallon, at Fallon's Coffee Codes.
Azrayel Kolasi
Go on; dare me.

Words: 71478
Joined roleplay: July 9th, 2013, 12:06 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kit Rowan on August 16th, 2013, 6:24 pm

x
It's entirely possible to learn magic from your family, but remember to justify it. Consider the way magic is viewed in your city. There are exceptions, but in most of Mizahar magic is seen as a sign of horrid madmen, wielders of the same forces whose hubris helped to drive the world to annihilation. Why does your father know magic?

What does he use it for? Why pass it down? How has knowing magic influenced the way he views the world and the world views him? Know the answers to all of these and anything else that you think needs justification, and you should be fine.
x
Unless Otherwise Stated, Expect Kit To Have Already Disguised Herself With Illusionism As 'Shy' In Every Ravok Thread.
Kit Rowan
Acrobat, Sorceress, Rogue

Words: 433379
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (2)

Postby Khazius Raine on August 18th, 2013, 5:21 pm

Best of luck.
Khazius Raine
Player

Words: 22250
Joined roleplay: August 10th, 2013, 4:58 am