Just a few questions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Just a few questions

Postby Ventus on July 14th, 2010, 8:27 pm

So, being very new, and wanting to venture with some friends, I have a few questions.
1. As an Inarta, would I have to start in Windreach to obtain an eagle and proper weaponry?
2. How far is Syliras from Wind Reach, so if I start there I could know how far it would take via eagle to reach Syliras?
3. Can my character's attitude stray slightly from the usual Inarta and not be very brave, or looking for a fight. For example, having a strong sense of self preservation?
Ventus
Player

Words: 10962
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2010, 8:11 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Just a few questions

Postby Ventus on July 14th, 2010, 8:53 pm

1. Okay, never mind, I found the correct answer to that! I don't think I will have an eagle!
2. Answered above...
3. That, I will still need help with.

Though, it brings up a new question.
4. Would it be possible for in my character's history that he to near or at Syliras after he had been rejected by many eagles? Like, for example, he was headed there to pursue an artisan career?
Ventus
Player

Words: 10962
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2010, 8:11 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Just a few questions

Postby John Vicari on July 14th, 2010, 10:34 pm

Hello Ventus

Welcome to Mizahar and let me take a stab at your questions.

3. Can my character's attitude stray slightly from the usual Inarta and not be very brave, or looking for a fight. For example, having a strong sense of self preservation?

Yes you could if you wanted.

4. Would it be possible for in my character's history that he to near or at Syliras after he had been rejected by many eagles? Like, for example, he was headed there to pursue an artisan career?

You can start anywhere in the game. So yes.
John Vicari
Player

Words: 107575
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2010, 8:19 pm
Blog: View Blog (10)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Just a few questions

Postby Ash'eny on July 20th, 2010, 5:28 am

Like John says. Your character is unique, so if you are making an Inarta that is just like the typical stereotyped Inarta, everyone will find you boring and predictable. It is suggestion and encouraged you add your own little spice to your characters, and such things can be supported or results of past events, strong beliefs, or difference in cultures or experiences. If you play an Inarta that was not always amongst those at Windreach, which if you are in Syliras, chances are you have been traveling for years on foot/horseback, met some weird and strange things to your character, and developed some philosophical views or opinions of people, places, and maybe to some extent, the Gods and Goddesses. You can have your character beginning in Syliras for any reason you so wish, eagle rejection, desire to escape the Inarta 'norm', or just a sense of adventure brings you to a city you finally find peace within (which wouldn't be unlikely to find in Syliras).

Ash'eny, my own character prefers the 'flight' over 'fight' instinct. He has no experience in combat expertise, so instead relies on blending with a crowd or or simply avoiding confrontational situations altogether, as his chances for self defense are pretty low.
Ash'eny
Thief of Hearts

Words: 195301
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2010, 8:17 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets