Artist/writer with a steady block discovers RP

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Taela Hillstar on August 23rd, 2013, 4:27 am

1. Name -
You can call me Taela, Tae or Star.

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?
I have little to no written RP experience, however, I have played games such as Skyrim and Guild Wars 2.
I have always had an interest in RP that I have never really delved into. I was an editor of my school newspaper and have not really engaged in writing, especially creatively since then (about 5 years). This will definitely encourage me to stretch my writing muscles and challenge myself in a new and interesting way.

3. How did you find us?
Typical Google search for 'Fantasy RP".

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?
I would have to say fantasy/sci-fi. Those genres hold my interest outside of RP, so I can only assume the interest would carry over. Time and experience will tell.

5. What do you like to write about - not write about? I like creating new mythology, exploring character development and interaction, science fiction and folk lore.

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?
The complexity of Mizahars range of races and character development.

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?
Nothing thus far, I will have to peek my nose around a bit but I'm sure everything will be just fine. I am pretty easy to please.

8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?
A consistent dedication to writing daily, to get back into the habit. A new found sense of what RP is all about. To feel be apart of community and get to know people with similar interests.

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?
Like I said above, I'll have to take a greater look around before I make that call.

10. Anything else you want to talk about?
I am very exited and interested to see how this may go. I am looking forward to being more creative and engaging and collaborating with other writers.

Feel free to ask any questions or drop into to say hello!
Taela Hillstar
Player

Words: 872
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2013, 3:40 am
Race: Konti

Postby Liyana Winterflame on August 25th, 2013, 10:01 am

Welcome to Mizahar!

Writing here is definitely an education experience.

It's practically a definition of "fun". :D
Lore: Drunkenness Is Not a State for Acrobatics

~ Don't be shy! ~
If you want to thread with me, PM me!
Liyana Winterflame
Life sucks? Philter that right out of it.

Words: 31532
Joined roleplay: May 10th, 2013, 8:37 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Taela Hillstar on August 25th, 2013, 10:42 am

Thank you very much! I am excited to get started here. This all seems a little complicated to me at the moment. I've considered printing out the Lore and studying it. There is so much to become familiar with and that is highly commendable. I saw the post about the mentors but also read others about it not being solidified yet. I could really use one. I hope this process starts soon, because reading information on individual pages can be hard to follow in context sometimes, at least for me. Any other moderately dyslexic writers out there?
Taela Hillstar
Player

Words: 872
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2013, 3:40 am
Race: Konti

Postby Alea Davenport on August 25th, 2013, 2:12 pm

If you want the lore in print form, there is actually a book! It's just the races of Mizahar for now, but if there's sufficient interest, I bet other parts of the lore would be made into books too, eventually.

Just something to think about if you're interested ;)

Welcome to Mizahar!
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)