How to handle flashbacks?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Dra-Vundas on September 8th, 2013, 5:21 am

I see that flashbacks are a fairly common way of building a comfort for your character and, far as I can tell, give him some extra XP.

However, my question isn't why to flashback but how to go about them. For instance, lets say I want to flash back in Kalinor do I have to go through the registry or do I simply do my flashback and not post in the registry? Obviously I wouldn't post in the entrance if the flashback already takes place in the city.
Dra-Vundas
Father's Son

Words: 3398
Joined roleplay: September 2nd, 2013, 9:22 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Postby Alea Davenport on September 8th, 2013, 5:59 am

Different cities probably have different ways they go about it, but my understanding is that registry threads are there for people to know who they can thread with this season. If you really wanted, you could post in the registry with a note saying you're only there for flashbacks, but I don't think it's necessary. :)
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)