Charbosi

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Charbosi

Postby Phyolea on October 13th, 2013, 4:14 pm

In attempting to research Charodae, I have been trying to understand Charbosi's history. (I would like to write a plausible history for my character.) I have run into several questions.

These are the places where I've found information about Charbosi other than the Charoda page:

Lore: Charbosi
The Massive Djed Storm of 512
City List (shows Charbosi as closed)
Map of the Cities of Mizahar (shows location of Charbosi)

The thing that is giving me pause is the following from the Massive Djed Storm of 512:
Charbosi

The living coralline city far beneath the water is largely untouched, but for the water velispars and the other strange creatures that lurk in the depths, growing larger and more aggressive. A battle for survival will ensue, as the peaceful city is forced to defend itself against creatures driven mad. The entire harvest in the aquaculture fields has been disrupted, and new, strange plants are growing. The old city of Charbosi begins to slowly gain colour at its very roots, giving hope to the Circle of Elders that it may one day yet return to life. A deep rift has cracked open to the south of the city, opening up new dangers and prospects for the far-too-curious Charodae.

So, here are my questions:
  • What happened to Charbosi?
  • Is Charbosi currently populated?
  • Is there a distinction between the old city and the current city?
  • Where are the Circle of Elders?
  • Who are the Circle of Elders? Only Ceas Kalyka is named.

In short, I want to know if it is plausible for my Charoda character to be born in Charbosi. I intend to write several flashback threads for NaNo.
Phyolea
Quicksilver

Words: 42951
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2013, 9:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Charbosi

Postby Alea Davenport on October 13th, 2013, 7:10 pm

The Djed Storm was only a year and a half ago, so the Djed storm stuff doesn't apply any time before then. So it seems entirely likely that your Charoda was born there.

If you want to flashback anytime since then however, you might want to talk to Traverse, the RS of Falyndar. I don't think anyone has done a lot of development with Charbosi since the storm, but I'm pretty sure she or the founders are the only ones who have a say in what's what :)

I don't think the city is open for anything other than flashbacks anyway. You could make it easy on yourself and just have your character have left home say 2 years ago or so, and then you don't have to worry about the Djed storm stuff. Otherwise, you can get more details from the mods :)
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Charbosi

Postby Phyolea on October 13th, 2013, 7:28 pm

Alea Davenport wrote:The Djed Storm was only a year and a half ago, so the Djed storm stuff doesn't apply any time before then. So it seems entirely likely that your Charoda was born there.

If you want to flashback anytime since then however, you might want to talk to Traverse, the RS of Falyndar. I don't think anyone has done a lot of development with Charbosi since the storm, but I'm pretty sure she or the founders are the only ones who have a say in what's what :)

I don't think the city is open for anything other than flashbacks anyway. You could make it easy on yourself and just have your character have left home say 2 years ago or so, and then you don't have to worry about the Djed storm stuff. Otherwise, you can get more details from the mods :)

Thank you. It isn't the storm that is the problem. I was just going to use the storm as the catalyst behind why my character left Charbosi. However, the description of the storm's effect on the city indicates that the city is inactive.

Also, I am told by some people that I can use Charbosi for flashbacks and others that I can't use Charbosi for flashbacks. Is there a thread where this rule is clearly outlined?

Also, the DS for Suvan Sea (where my character was supposed to be in the present day) and the creator of Charbosi are apparently both gone. However, I have seen a well-written Charoda character. Surely there is more information?

I am going to relocate my character to a different area than the Suvan Sea, but I still would like to know more about Charbosi. Namely, these questions (I've added another one):
  • Am I allowed to write flashback threads about Charbosi?
  • What happened to Charbosi?
  • Is Charbosi currently populated?
  • Is there a distinction between the old city and the current city?
  • Where are the Circle of Elders?
  • Who are the Circle of Elders? Only Ceas Kalyka is named.
Phyolea
Quicksilver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Charbosi

Postby Phyolea on October 14th, 2013, 3:11 pm

I've received a suitable answer from the help desk. This question has been answered. Thank you everyone!
Phyolea
Quicksilver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes