Hey Old RPer wanting to get back into Writing, Iv missed it

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Alister Val'Tec on October 16th, 2013, 4:39 am

1. Name - Alister is fine i guess but my Real Name is Rory.

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?: I used to RP alot many years ago iv been without a computer for about 4 years and been writing a lot of things offline for a while. I used to be apart of the ARN networks and ran a few sites back in the day but i really want to get into this one. Your back stories are very alike to what i write currently.

3. How did you find us?: http://roleplaying.top-site-list.com/

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?: I don't even know anymore its been o long to really say how i write anymore i'm really looking forward to dusting off my typing fingers.

5. What do you like to write about - not write about?: Oh mostly fantasy, i'm a speed reader i did the whole wheel of time series in 3 months (i dreamed about those books nightly, it was kind of annoying lol.) i like all books that are not based in reality

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?: Details, i love details and going back and reading more details. I'm a little anal about having accurate back stories (my book i'm writing is just maps and back stories right now)that and spell check.

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?: I have no idea where to start id love some help lol

8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?: Id love to explore more of myself in my writing talent. I never went to high school and i only ever found passion in cooking, writing and women ;p. i want to become better at what i love and this looks like a friendly helpful place.

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?: I'm loving the place so far.

10. Anything else you want to talk about?: I plan on convincing a old RP friend that i used to write with to join hince the race i chose.

So Nice to meet everyone Please help i want to write so bad and this looks like a place for me.

"There is only two ways to get what you want, Talk them into giving it to you and if that doesn't work steal it."Alister Val'Tec The Thief of Riverfall
Alister Val'Tec
Riverfall Thief

Words: 10714
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2013, 4:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on October 16th, 2013, 5:22 am

Welcome!

If you have specific questions...please ask. Otherwise read your welcome pm...it has helpful links.

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Alister Val'Tec on October 16th, 2013, 5:25 am

thanks im getting to writing my cs now but it seems like it will be a long night. trying to pick my animal side is very difficult because i dont want to age too quickly. there is so much information to go though its just a little overwhelming right now

"There is only two ways to get what you want, Talk them into giving it to you and if that doesn't work steal it."Alister Val'Tec The Thief of Riverfall
Alister Val'Tec
Riverfall Thief

Character sheet

Postby Alister Val'Tec on October 16th, 2013, 8:10 am

Ummm if anyone could help me with skills or anything else im missing please PM me im trying to figure this out but for the last 4 hours im been stareing at my computer and im kind of brain dead at this point. so yeah help its been a long time since iv done this heres and line to my CS if you could help me with this id greatly like to know what i need to fix or do better, i really have no life so i want to write alot since i have a screwed up collar bone and knee and i cant work so i have alot of spare time right now

So anyone willing to help me id love you for life!!! and maybe youll want to RP with me more ;)

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post318841.html#p318841

Alister Val'Tec
Riverfall Thief

Character sheet

Postby Taylani on October 16th, 2013, 1:54 pm

Hiya Alister, if no one has helped you with your skills I will.

From your back story you have several skills that you can use. the Starting package gives you 50 skillpoints to divide up how you wish. However you can not have more then 30 in any set skill (just from starting, you can train up past 30 ICly :D), and any skill you have must have at least 5 minimum in them. You have 10 Racial points that you can distribute in either hunting, foraging, or unarmed combat (but you can not divide up these).

Now here is a list of skills http://www.mizahar.com/lore/Skill_List

but according to your back story here are a few that you might use, Larceny (theivery), Negotiation (Trading), Stealth (thievery) hunting (Vulture aspect)

You can have all sorts of different skills, and I suggest you go through the skill list and look around :D
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Alister Val'Tec on October 16th, 2013, 8:03 pm

Thanks for the help. Im getting there i think hahah just want to write now i have some interesting ideas for a few stories and such now

Alister Val'Tec
Riverfall Thief

Character sheet