Art Supplies

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Art Supplies

Postby Kikova on August 6th, 2010, 4:13 pm

So I was looking through the master price list and I could not find anything on this (that does not mean they are not there, I just could not find them). But I am looking for the price of like a painter's kit or the items that would be involved with that: easel, brushes, paints, canvas, frames, etc. My character is going to be an artist but I cannot figure out what that would cost. Anyone know? I also looked through a few cities to see if there were art stores but I could not find any. I was thinking like... 50 mizas or something? I am not too great at guess all of this though!

Thanks in advance :)
Kikova
Let Me Remember

Words: 10542
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2010, 8:14 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Art Supplies

Postby Gossamer on August 6th, 2010, 5:20 pm

Canvas is 1 sm a square yard. Canvases made up for artists (you'd make them yourselves in Miza) are probably about 2 silver a square foot.

Framing would cost about double the production of the painting, meaning the canvas, inks, stretcher frames, and paints that went on it.

Ink cost 2GM a 1oz vial. Colored cost twice that. Paint costs 3gm a 'tube'.

If you give us until the weekend, I think we can have Gillar (who works on the big price list) add in art materials including a painting kit and a drawing kit, etc.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Art Supplies

Postby Kikova on August 6th, 2010, 7:25 pm

Thanks! I would appreciate that greatly :)
Kikova
Let Me Remember

Words: 10542
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2010, 8:14 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets