Race Questions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Race Questions

Postby Aranta on November 18th, 2013, 8:05 pm

I'm currently debating my (permanent) character race between Dhani, Drykas, and Zith. I haven't created a character sheet yet, as I want this to be a character that I am going to enjoy playing for a long time to come(hopefully!), and have some questions.

Are Drykas confined to Endrykas? What are the consequences if they leave; are they simply considered outcasts and fair game is they try to return to the grasslands, if they've received their windmarks and been chosen by a strider, what are the effects upon the strider, etc?

If Dhani(specifically of the Constrictor subrace) leave the nest, what are some issues they could run into? I know that cold temperatures could be a problem(common sense, considering their other forms are serpentine), but what of temper/job/etc?

One possibility I'm looking at for my character is perhaps one who started out unsure whether he is good or bad, and through a series of bad circumstances, has come to be a freelance thief/hitman/what-have-you. Or, if I go for the Drykas, a man who's been drawn/forced out of the Sea of Grass for some reason, and the troubles he encounters in the rest of Mizahar.
Zithanese
Common
Symenos
Aranta
Player

Words: 64715
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2013, 7:30 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Race Questions

Postby Taylani on November 18th, 2013, 8:09 pm

Drykas are not contained to Endrykas, they are certainly very nomadic and there are Drykas in most of the cities (though there are a few that if Drykas are their they are not there willingly or happily lol). They are not outcast if they leave Endrykas, though with the dwindling numbers of Drykas thanks to pox etc they would certainly be some pressure to stay I am sure but not anything extreme.

Bonding between Drykas and Strider are the same for both. A sense of each other, emotions but NOT thoughts, enough for strider to be able to tell what their Drykas wanted, and vice versus.

I can't really answe3r much Dhani questions, though I would assume that Dhani can have any job that a human can have. The cold would be one of the only limiting factors..well that and racial prejudices.
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Race Questions

Postby Nanak on November 18th, 2013, 8:23 pm

So from my basic understanding on Dhani, they are nasty. :P Just messing.

But they would have the same problem any snake has anywhere. Food, temperature and such. Those are things you have to keep in mind if you don't play them in Zinrah, I think that's the name of their home city. I cant remember right now.
Looking for threads. PM me.
Nanak
Of the Blooded Fang

Words: 15645
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2013, 1:08 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Race Questions

Postby Syveris on November 18th, 2013, 8:52 pm

Like Nanak said, they would face the same problems snakes would face. You can play them on other cities, but there are some who are very prejudiced against Dhani, and tolerance on them in very little, or non-existent (Wind Reach is an exemple), so do some research in what cities you would be allowed to play a Dhani without being killed. :)
Syveris
Emotional Glassworker

Words: 334020
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2013, 2:25 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Race Questions

Postby Nanak on November 18th, 2013, 10:31 pm

There are quite a few Dhani pc's in Zinrah. If you wanted to get some experience playing one and some good writing partners, then I would think of starting there.
Nanak
Of the Blooded Fang

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Race Questions

Postby Alea Davenport on November 19th, 2013, 3:34 am

I am sad that Zith are not being discussed in this thread, especially since they were mentioned in the first sentence :)

If you want to play a Zith, but want to have RP partners without being hated and shunned wherever you go, Kalinor has a budding Zith population. The Zith and Symenestra there tolerate each other, and there are efforts to gather enough Zith to form a PC colony. Progress is slow, but every Zith helps ;)

Anyway, that's my two cents. I hope you end up finding a race that suits your character and is fun for you to play :)
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Race Questions

Postby Taylani on November 19th, 2013, 4:33 am

Yes I wanted to discuss zith too because I am fangirl crushing on them hard. But I dind't want to seem as if I was pushing them :D

I am excited about zith as a whole, and if I get things situated I am thinking of making one and using my ..not-inconsiderable-time to helping make a bigger PC impact in Mizahar for the zith. So don't let low PC numbers scare ya, Zith are coming!

But Drykas and Dhani are good too (I am not pushing zith)/...
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Race Questions

Postby Nanak on November 19th, 2013, 4:56 am

I don't know much about Zith that's why I didn't say anything.
Nanak
Of the Blooded Fang

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aranta on November 19th, 2013, 10:07 am

Thank you for all of the replies! I've always been one for the more difficult situations(I loooove a challenge), so I believe that I may end up creating a Zith after I do some more research.
Zithanese
Common
Symenos
Aranta
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Re: Race Questions

Postby Aranta on November 19th, 2013, 10:08 am

Thank you for all of the replies! I have always been one to challenge myself, so as of right now, it's looking like I'll be creating a Zith, after I do some more research.
Zithanese
Common
Symenos
Aranta
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next