few questions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

few questions

Postby Bakk on November 22nd, 2013, 2:37 am

how do i start working on a gnosis for eyris?
can i start a quest for a piece of armor and does it have to be player moderated?
if my character steals something do i have to add the deduction to my ledger?
am i allowed to gain money when i go on solo quests if i take it from npcs?
can i also do the same thing with items?
Bakk
Player

Words: 3304
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2013, 4:32 am
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

few questions

Postby Alea Davenport on November 22nd, 2013, 3:15 am

There are two ways to gain a gnosis.
1) Since you're still basically at character creation, you can submit a gnosis story to the Help Desk.
2) The other way is to have a Domain Storyteller, Regional Storyteller, or Founder run a moderated thread for you in which you earn the mark. But be advised, these storytellers are extremely busy, so you might want to get a little experience before you try asking them ;)
For more information, check out the Gnosis lore page and the gnosis section of the Starting Guide.

As for the rest of your questions, what you get out of your threads is up to the person who grades them. After a thread is complete, you submit it to a grading request thread, and someone will award you skills, lores, and any loot you may have gathered. Be warned though that you probably won't be able to get anything particularly valuable unless you do something dangerous and risk the consequences, or have the thread run by a storyteller. :)

ONe more note: I notice you posted in the Spires Character Registry. Unfortunately the Spires is not currently open for play, so you might have better luck finding threading partners if you chose a different city ;)
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

few questions

Postby Khida on November 22nd, 2013, 9:54 am

Regarding money -- most of your income will almost certainly come from seasonal wages: arrange the amount with your local ST, do two threads involving your job during the season, and then submit them to your DS at the end of the season to receive the money. That way, you don't have to RP every little money-earning moment in your character's life. Even thieves and the like follow this model. You may get additional money from individual threads above and beyond your wage, but generally that's not a lot -- and as Alea said, it has to be within reason and ultimately approved by the thread's grader, if not an ST.

Various professions and their daily incomes are given on the Price List.
Khida
Player

Words: 574944
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2012, 11:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)