Ghost character question

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Ghost character question

Postby Marsh Keane on February 5th, 2014, 10:07 am

I want to create a ghost character, but I want to ask some questions.
  • Are ghost also have housing like other, or different one?
  • Are ghost could have equipment and/or heirloom?
  • If a ghost use one of its skill on RP without posses someone, would its skill better?
The next question not really ghost related, but
  • Where are we could search for picframe?
Sorry if these questions already answered, but if yes, please give me the link.
Marsh Keane
Player

Words: 395
Joined roleplay: February 4th, 2014, 9:48 am
Race: Ghost

Ghost character question

Postby Alea Davenport on February 5th, 2014, 8:04 pm

As a starting character, you are entitled to housing, starting equipment, and heirloom, but as a ghost you don't really need them. So, it's entirely your choice whether you want them or not.

Without possessing a person, the only skills a ghost can increase are their ghostly skills, Materialization, and Soulmist Projection. Any other skill MUST be trained by possessing someone.

I'm not sure what you mean by picframe. If you mean boxcodes (like, a border around your post with pictures at the top and bottom), you can either make your own, or request someone to make one for you. Though most people have a policy that they don't want a request for a boxcode until you have at least 50 posts, just so they know you'll stick around and they're not wasting their time ;)
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Ghost character question

Postby Marsh Keane on February 6th, 2014, 10:03 am

Thank you for your help, I also have another one if you want to answer it, could ghost have an animal and from 50 point starting package if I put some to a skill (example, boxing) do my ghost need materialization to do it? and one more thing, what do RB and SP mean?
Marsh Keane
Player

Words: 395
Joined roleplay: February 4th, 2014, 9:48 am
Race: Ghost

Ghost character question

Postby Alea Davenport on February 6th, 2014, 10:25 am

SP = Starting Package, usually referring to the 50 starting skill points you get
RB = Racial Bonus, which is the usually 10 (15 for plain human) extra skill points you get for being a particular race. The race lore page specifies which skill you get bonus points for.

If by animal you mean like, a pet or something, I don't see why not, just make sure you account for it by taking the cost out of your ledger (or by having the pet as your heirloom).

To have a physical effect on the world, you do need points in Materialization, yes.
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)