Want to help make a video game?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to place any off topic chatter, thread games, etc here.

Postby Andruen on February 18th, 2014, 1:52 am

Heya, guys! I've been taking up Game Development for the last few months, learning the ropes of different game-creation suites and whatnot and I think I'm ready to try my hand at actually making an indie game.

Buuuuut.... I have no imagination lol

So, I turn to the one place with enough creative juices to drown an elephant: Mizahar! If you've got an idea of a game you'd like to see made, let me know! I mean everything from concept, storyline, characters and whatnot!

Oh, and it's probably a good idea to mention that I'm only really good (or interested, I should say) at making fantasy-themed games or sci-fi themed games that fall into the RPG/FPS style. So throw me out some ideas and I'll pick one that I like and see what I can do! ^_^ Au revoir, or whatever they say in france lol
Andruen
Player

Words: 15030
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2014, 12:24 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sinoa on February 23rd, 2014, 11:06 pm

Sinoa

I had an idea for a game were all the characters were animated objects on a quest to save their masters or they could even be the characters trapped in objects on a quest to reclaim their bodies. The main character could be a suit of armour or a chess piece (knight archetype) , one character could be a voodoo doll mage with a pin as a staff, another could be a Gargoyle (tank or damage dealer) and maybe the healer could be a healing potion. The game would start with the world already being decimated by the evil character or a cataclysm and they would have to fix it.
The possible villain could be a witch or wizard and maybe the spell also turned them into a cat. they could even help the hero's with fixing the mess they started.

Maybe it could be one of those an object broke and they have to reclaim all the pieces to get the world back the way it was kind of games.
Sinoa
Pint Sized Musician

Words: 62630
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2012, 3:35 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Strange on February 24th, 2014, 12:48 pm

I kind of sort of thought about a Mizahar themed Game. It could be an RPG set in the Mizahar setting and if it was good enough to sell we could slap the profits back to fund the site and maybe reward those Founders for a change.

As for ideas the potential is limitless. We could have a party-style sort of roamy Final Fantasy like game or really anything at all. The story could range from just one guy trying to make a living as an adventurer or something to some sort of chosen one (maybe like someone destined to be a God's Champion or something?) we could even tell the story of a well known NPC like Wolkirk the Champion of Uldr or that guy that wrote Magic and I (or was it Magic and Me, in any case he was a very interesting guy). I think it would work great. Heck I'd do it myself with this RPG Maker program I have but I suck at graphics design.
"I'm such a Silverheart fangirl"
Strange
AS of Sahova

Words: 71649
Joined roleplay: January 17th, 2014, 7:07 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook

Postby Andruen on February 24th, 2014, 1:20 pm

I actually use the CryEngine UDK (Unreal Development Kit). It would be 3D and probably more like Skyrim than Final Fantasy. But creating a Mizahar game would be insanely difficult, since it would take a massive overhaul of the graphics and art that the UDK has, not to mention the breadth of Mizahar being a rather extravagant one. Buuuuut.... I see you point ;) I'll start looking in to what I can do graphics-wise and see if I can switch it up a bit to make it work.

As for your idea, Sinoa, I like it, but it doesn't fit the kind of scheme I'd want. It sounds like a casual RPG that is turn-based and, while that's all and well, it's not meant for the UDK. Maybe once I get RPG Maker Ace back, I'll give it a try, but until then... no can do.

//Edit: Well, come to think about it, before I bother with such a task, I'm going to have to ask Gossamer to see if the idea of a Mizahar fantasy game would be applicable, due to the ToS, Creative Manifesto and all that other copy-right material.
Andruen
Player

Words: 15030
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2014, 12:24 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Strange on February 24th, 2014, 1:39 pm

Oh yes of course. I knew I forgot to mention something. It would have to be with the permission of the Founders of course.
"I'm such a Silverheart fangirl"
Strange
AS of Sahova

Words: 71649
Joined roleplay: January 17th, 2014, 7:07 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook

Postby Sinoa on February 24th, 2014, 10:17 pm

Oh sorry I missed the fps part. yah my idea wouldn't work, if you have permission to make a mizahar game go with that.
Sinoa
Pint Sized Musician

Words: 62630
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2012, 3:35 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Athaera on May 14th, 2014, 3:39 am

It's a bit late, but I know how to design reeeeally basic games with a free software called Game Maker: Studio. But yeah... if you need any help, I EXIST!!!! (Not that I'd be much help)
|~|Avatar by Myra Karaugh|~|
My PCs
Lisana
Athaera
I plan to retire this PC once I finish all the threads I am participating in.
Athaera
Short-Tempered Huntress

Words: 56506
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2014, 2:52 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes