Hey I'm Illysandaras.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hey I'm Illysandaras.

Postby Illysandaras on June 29th, 2014, 3:17 pm

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called!

Well Lysander was taken and is the pseudonym of mine I use regularly: so I just mixed two names (from different books I like) with Lysander. So call me that or any kind of nickname you can make out of that mouth-muncher of a name.

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?

MMORPG Chat Roleplaying for a year or two. Then moved on to forums for 3 years or so years and have been unactive in a roleplaying sense for 2 years. So rusty with some experience.

3. How did you find us?

Google; Top 50 Roleplaying Sites

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?

Play by Post Forum RP.

5. What do you like to write about - not write about?

Wide Range. Uusually Speculative Fiction; mainly Fantasy. Love all types of plots although everyday life roleplays usually bore me; even if set in fantasy setting. Stories set around Intrigue, War, Adventure, etc.

6. Whats your favourite thing about Mizahar so far?

Being original and creative with a reworking of classic fantasy clichés while adding in all new materiel while keeping a sense of consistence and realism in all aspects of story; Setting, Characters, Plot, Themes, etc.

What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?

The magic system is unique but frustratingly dangerous. I understand that was your intention was a high-risk high-reward system, but personally it feels too risky. Not that my characters won't use it, but I'll be scared sh*tless when they do. Also some of the cosmological system made me feel depressed (although that might say more about me then Mizahar's lore) but those both being said they aren't deal breakers for me.

8. What would you like out of the Mizahar experience?

Enjoyment and Development/Learning as a Writer/Roleplayer

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?

Some Gods and Cities (basic info about ones not currently in use).

10. Anything else you want to talk about?

Not particularly. I have lore and some game questions, but I think their are better areas to ask them.
Last edited by Illysandaras on June 30th, 2014, 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Illysandaras
Player

Words: 3088
Joined roleplay: June 29th, 2014, 9:04 am
Race: Akalak

Hey I'm Illysandaras.

Postby Juniper Frost on June 29th, 2014, 9:11 pm

: : : TIMESTAMP : : :

Welcome to Mizahar, Illysandaras! Or maybe Lys? Illy? Sandar? Daras? Heee, nicknames! :)

I'm pretty much your opposite when it comes to RP material and content; I love the everyday aspects of characters and plot, it really fleshes out the life and lifestyles for me :)
That said, I look forward to seeing what you create and become a part of, perhaps someday (if I ever decide to make a less boring character than Juniper) we'll do some intrigue together ;)

I'm glad you appreciate the complexity and danger of the magic system, and I know that if I ever had a character who dabbled in those things that it would be a huge life or death risk a lot of the time.

Feel free to fire questions my way, I am still fairly new but I am soaking in everything like a sponge :)

I've added a few helpful links that should ease things along, as well as give you some understanding of Mizahar's inner workings.

I truly hope you enjoy your time here!

Juniper Frost
Beloved Phantom

Words: 41740
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2014, 11:00 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Hey I'm Illysandaras.

Postby Illysandaras on June 30th, 2014, 12:50 am

Cool! Thanks! I've never played a everyday life RP that I enjoyed; that doesn't mean I'm completely against trying it. I might have just had bad experiences.
Illysandaras
Player

Words: 3088
Joined roleplay: June 29th, 2014, 9:04 am
Race: Akalak