Question regarding Science

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Cassidee Junipher on September 23rd, 2014, 9:00 pm

This is a simple question to ask but a hard question to answer. What is the level of scientific understanding that exists in Mizahar? I am particularly interested in the field of biology. Would it be possible to tell me an era that would be about equal to Mizahar combined knowledge? For example does Mizahar have a classical, medieval, renaissance understanding of biology?
In an attempt to improve writing speed, I am limiting myself to 30 minutes a post and 15 minutes of editing. Please forgive me for any drops in quality and feel free to pm me about any errors.
Cassidee Junipher
Player

Words: 32160
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2014, 1:39 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on September 23rd, 2014, 9:32 pm

It's very hard to decide that because PAST Mizahar had a very modern understanding. But PRESENT Mizahar has lost a great deal of that knowledge. So I'd say we are somewhere between Medieval and Renaissance but closer to the Renaissance era. We aren't, for example, Steampunk at all. But in the past they could portal from planet to planet and had a great understanding of physics and things like astronomy. I imagine most of the biology is fairly advanced for what you might think... though only in the most ancient texts would you learn about genetics and then you might not even 'get it'.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)