Veteren's Day - Thank you Serviceman and Women

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to place any off topic chatter, thread games, etc here.

Veteren's Day - Thank you Serviceman and Women

Postby Gossamer on November 11th, 2009, 8:14 pm

Hi Folks-

I like to take opportunities where they present themselves. I know we have people in the armed forces on Mizahar - some serving in the US, some in Canada, and even some worldwide. In the United States today it is Veteren's Day... a day everyone is supposed to take the time to say thank you for the people who have given time and energy to have served in the armed forces, especially those veterans of wars worldwide. Post offices close down, government offices are closed, and there are parades and parties and ceremonies going on all over the place. I'd like to take a moment to say thank you to everyone who have volunteered or been forced (I have a good friend who's an Israeli who stalks threads here and like everyone else in Israel, have served their mandatory time!) to do their stint in their various military organizations worldwide.

I come from a Navy family myself... my father served between Korea and Vietnam on the aircraft carrier Oriskany (CV - 34) - which is now an artificial reef off the coast of Florida in the gulf... and famous for being the worlds largest artificial reef. The men and women on that ship lived through incredible times - the Korean War and Vietnam. They got to pluck capsules from space filled with astronauts out of the water, hang out around Cuba... and had many many adventures in their time commissioned. My father still talks about his service time.

So if you know a vet today, give them a buzz and just chat them up. They truly do have some pretty incredible stories to tell.

Thank you!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)