Static Questions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Static Questions

Postby Kinac on October 11th, 2014, 11:14 am

I'm very interested in the Lost Discipline of Static and I have made it a goal to someday have Halen be initiated into this wonderful (or terrible) magic. I do have a few questions about it, however.

1. How would one go about learning static without joining the Ruv'na? I imagine it would be quite difficult.

2. As a practitioner of Static, will you sever your own divine connection when utilizing it if you have a Gnosis mark of equal or lower level?

3. Can you task Shielding magic against Static if you have knowledge of it?
Kinac
Retired Staff

Words: 4196
Joined roleplay: November 17th, 2013, 2:02 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Static Questions

Postby Gossamer on October 11th, 2014, 1:07 pm

The long and short of it is that you can't. Static is a Ruv'na only discipline. It is unknown outside of the organization besides a few relic pieces that are created due to the magic. You'd have to join the Ruv'na as an adult, and they aren't going to trust you much for years that way. PCs that can have static must have grown up inside the organization.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Static Questions

Postby Kinac on October 11th, 2014, 1:23 pm

That is unfortunate. Thanks, Gossamer.
Kinac
Retired Staff

Words: 4196
Joined roleplay: November 17th, 2013, 2:02 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Static Questions

Postby Gossamer on October 11th, 2014, 2:15 pm

Unfortunate maybe, but it is a very powerful magic and this way we keep a good rein on who has it and make sure folks earn it through rp and just don't learn it through a solo or two willy nilly.

We actually need more organizational only magic disciplines or skillsets. I think there are a few in the works. We've had the Drykas knowing Webbing forever as a singularity and that's worked out great for game content.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)