Languages

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Languages

Postby Cosmo Crocus on March 25th, 2015, 12:34 am

Hello, hello.

All over Mizahar, I've seen people have literal translations of languages, like Arumenic words having literal translations in English.

My question is: are these translations of the user? Are these made up by the user, or is there some sort of list that I'm missing with real-life adaptions of fictional languages?

Please tell me if I'm being extraordinarily thick and stupid. I'm just a bit confused.

Thank you.

|COSMO CROCUS|

COMMON | SYMENOS
Cosmo Crocus
Octopus Lover

Words: 7671
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2015, 2:43 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Languages

Postby Khida on March 25th, 2015, 12:49 am

A number of city guides have short lexicons, for example there's a list of Arumenic words in the Ahnatep city overview. There are also occasional words tucked away in lore articles. They are not invented on the spot.
Spring threads: 2/5 .. | .. Season Goals .. | .. GradersMaxed skill: Observation.
Khida
Player

Words: 574944
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2012, 11:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)